MCXtreme - RC Groups
Oct 08, 2009, 09:50 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Discussion

MCXtreme

This is my new thread, altered from https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1106865. I have done this because my MCX S300 will not be revamped with Xtreme parts. These parts are Xtreme Grips, upper and lower blades, alum swash plate (have one already but is defective, and new one is on its way) and now and Xtreme fuse. The fuse will have to be painted, yellow is the color I will use as the decals are red and black. I might also use the MSR red tail fin as I have one of those as well. I have got a short boom on it now, but I might put the stock MCX boom on the main frame, with as I said above, a MSR tail fin.

I will post pics soon.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2009, 11:15 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to post up all this, and your last thread... I'll be following :-)
Oct 08, 2009, 11:28 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
Here are the pics. It really sucks that I am required to cut out the decals - I will have to acquire time and patience to do this, lol. I have no idea what the white sheet is for? Can anyone tell me?
You know they usually paint the fuses from the inside (like rc cars) right?

So to me the white sheet looks very suspiciously like the piece you put over the part of the fuse/canopy (on the inside ) that is supposed to be the "window" later on (i.e the part that is supposed to stay transparent/clear)
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Oct 09, 2009, 07:09 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
No problem. I am glad to help out!!

QUOTE=CactusJackSlade]Thanks for taking the time to post up all this, and your last thread... I'll be following :-)[/QUOTE]
Oct 09, 2009, 07:11 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Yeah inside is right and those are for windows. Not sure if I'll leave clear, or black, or silver, but weight will be a factor so prob clear

QUOTE=erdnuckel2]You know they usually paint the fuses from the inside (like rc cars) right?

So to me the white sheet looks very suspiciously like the piece you put over the part of the fuse/canopy (on the inside ) that is supposed to be the "window" later on (i.e the part that is supposed to stay transparent/clear)[/QUOTE]
Oct 09, 2009, 10:28 AM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
Razer,
Let me know if the weight of your xtreme swash drastically lowers your flight time. my flight time was cut in half on the copter I put it on. If it doesn't change yours too much, I may try putting mine on one of my other copters.
Your mCX is going to look nice with all that bling on it.
Steve
Oct 09, 2009, 12:08 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Yeah it will look nice, for sure, hopefully its not too heavy though. I know this swash is heavier than stock, so we will see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb
Razer,
Let me know if the weight of your xtreme swash drastically lowers your flight time. my flight time was cut in half on the copter I put it on. If it doesn't change yours too much, I may try putting mine on one of my other copters.
Your mCX is going to look nice with all that bling on it.
Steve
Oct 11, 2009, 10:25 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
well here i am trying to get the mcx back together, I replaced the outer shaft and both gears, and for some reason there is bad wobbling/vibrations. I have checked gear meshing, placement ect. Seems the outer shaft gear has a wobble to it, and its pushed all the way onto the outer shaft........not sure why this is happening but it is pis sing me off big time cause I can't make it stop. I thought it was the blade grips causing this, so I put on regular blades and vibrations are still there. Can't figure out why the gear is wobbling, maybe the gear is bent, but i doubt it. Anyone ever have this problem? Also, the swash is no good. I am still using the defective one I have, it works, but is tight on the shaft. You cant even push the FF stick all the way forward because it has the opposite effect, which, through email correspondence with Xtreme is normal - well what is the point of that? LOL, like come on now Xtreme???? I would use the cusker 16 mm or MSR swash for more FFF. I will keep you all posted, oh, also, I put in the glow in the dark skids/batt tray and the glow and the dark plastic is weaker than stock - I broke the bonds above the battery tray just by pulling off from main body But I CA'd it, so hopefully it holds
Oct 11, 2009, 11:29 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
still cant get rid of the wobble yet, it is bad at low rpm and gets better at higher rpms, it looks like the outer shaft gear is the only one wobbling and i have no idea why, the inner shaft gear is level, and the outer shaft gear is wobbling and I cant figure out why? Anyone have any suggestions?
Oct 12, 2009, 11:27 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Well last night I kept trying to fix the wobble into the wee hours of the night, and had it flying not too bad (new fuse, even though is still unpainted looks great in the air ) but the wobble is still there. LOL, staying up late was not a good idea as my mind was not thinking properly due to being over tired, and I wrecked the new main frame and inner shaft gear and landing gear. I put in the glow in the dark skids (which is brittle plastic) and when trying to take them off again, they very easily broke and the pins became stuck in the main frame with little left to try to pull them out. So, after trying to pull them out, I got the brite idea to heat up my soldering iron and melt them out - not good lol. I ended up melting the holes too big and busting out the side of them, and accidently nicked the new inner shaft gear....opps. So, I put my old inner shaft gear back on and fiddled with the outer shaft gear which is still wobbling and I think, its either the main frame or the gear itself, not sure. When the gear is completely pushed onto the outer shaft it does not look level to the bottom of the main frame, not sure if this is normal or what. So, i will have to get a new main frame and inner shaft gear. So, maybe me melting the main frame wasn't such a big loss anyways, if in fact, the main frame is causing the wobble. I played with the gear meshing, and motor pinon placement on the gears itself many times and nothing helped. The heli also has two brand new motors in it, so I doubt thats any problem. Thing is though, even when I had it flying, it always wanted to rudder towards the left for some reason - it has always done this since new, but now its worse - I thought maybe this was gear meshing issues, and it might be, I am not sure - any one have any imput on that? I can still fly the MCXteme now, but the skids are no on very tight, and often fall out. In time, I am sure I will figure out the wobble.
Oct 12, 2009, 07:07 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC

MCXtreme modified main frame version with short boom

Well, today I modified a main frame to have a fixed short tail boom (looks kind of funny lol) from some scrap parts sinced I ruined my new one. The gear wobble is still there, but it is managable. I have some pics and a short vid to display, this vid has the MSR swash on it as I think its better than the current Xtreme swash I have. The fuse is still not painted, but looks good in the air I think regardless, its a little louder now though as the sound echos inside the fuse. For some odd reaso, the heli vibrates less with the fuse on - no idea why......
Oct 12, 2009, 07:50 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC

Video of MCXtreme modified main frame version with short boom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN6kRVNldnU
Oct 12, 2009, 08:01 PM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
Razor,
It is looking really good. Didn't notice any of the wobble in flight.
Steve
Oct 12, 2009, 08:08 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Thanks

Yeah its weird, the wobble is not as bad with the fuse on for some reason. what I don't underdstand is, why the heli wants to rudder left..I thought this was due to previous motors wearing down, but, both motors are brand new, so I have no idea.........could that be gear meshing? I do need new gears as the ones now as my old ones, so maybe thats the problem.......since I wrecked the new ones lol....

The final version will be painted yellow, and have a longer boom with a yellow mcx fin....The fuse looks great though, I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb
Razor,
It is looking really good. Didn't notice any of the wobble in flight.
Steve