Oct 08, 2009, 05:49 PM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
Discussion

JR Indoor 2009 - RCGroups Coverage

RCGroups.com will be at the JR Indoor this year providing daily coverage of the event. This year there is a new dome with more flying area!
There will be no live feed this year, instead we have chosen to bring you daily updates via photo floods and great quality videos. This allows you to view the videos at anytime in better quality.

We also want to give a big thanks to http://www.castlecreations.com/ for sponsoring the coverage this year. Castle has always been a great supporter of RCGroups.com and the hobby in general.

So stay tuned and use this forum to get ready for the event, watch updates from the event, and talk about the event after it's over.

Have fun!

Jim T.
Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Oct 28, 2009 at 07:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2009, 05:58 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
What happened to the live feed? Was the cable destroyed in the new construction of the dome?

Just wondering. Photo upload will be great as they have been in the past. I just love looking at all the photos after the event. I try to take some images, but mine are not a good as what RC Groups gets up.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Oct 08, 2009, 06:20 PM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
They did put in cable just for us the year before the dome blew away. The quote to do it again was pretty crazy BUT after covering IRCHA in the manner we plan on covering the JR Indoor we decided that edited video was a much better method - larger video size, much better quality and you can watch it all year long. Live is only live for a second and then it's gone. I have been covering RC events for over 7 years now and I really think that this is the best way to cover an event.
Oct 08, 2009, 07:14 PM
Check my blog-updated
Yeah it got pretty windy this way. Glad to hear your going to cover it this year Jim.
Oct 08, 2009, 08:20 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Thanks Jim,

I know the cable was expensive. Terry told me it was big bucks, well mega bucks. So a new one would be Super Mega Bucks I would imagine.

Yes, looking at the video later is really neat. Just like looking at the pictures you and everyone shoot and post. You can see them over and over.

Will be a real hoot this year.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Oct 09, 2009, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
RCGroups.com will be at the JR Indoor this year providing daily coverage of the event. This year there is a new dome with more flying area!
There will be no live feed this year, instead we have chosen to bring you daily updates via photo floods and great quality videos. This allows you to view the videos at anytime in better quality.

We also want to give a big thanks to http://www.castlecreations.com/ for sponsoring the coverage this year. Castle has always been a great supporter of RCGroups.com and the hobby in general.

So stay tuned and use this forum to get ready for the event, watch updates from the event, and talk about the event after it's over.

Have fun!

Jim T.
Special thanks to Jim T. and the fine folks at Castle Creations. Their support of electric events is unparalleled. We are updating the JR Indoor web site daily so check it out for the latest event details. www.jriefestival.com See everyone in a few short weeks! Terry
Oct 09, 2009, 09:03 AM
Admin Deluxe
Thread OP
SleepyC will be covering the JR Indoor for us this year. An interesting side note is that I met Sleepy at the JR Indoor many years ago.
Oct 10, 2009, 08:50 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
So does that mean that you won't be there Jim?
Sure hope that is not true, you bring a certian pizazz to the event.

Sleepy C is another one of a kind.

A big thanks to Castle Creations for their sponsorship of the JR Indoor.

Also all the sponsors who put up dollars to make this a great event.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Oct 17, 2009, 05:17 PM
Hey all,
FYI, the Columbus Aero RC flying club will be hosting a swap meet in columbus, OH that same weekend. It will be just a short drive away in Grove City at the Grove City Church of the Nazarene. The website for more information is www.columbusaerorc.com
Old Oct 20, 2009, 02:28 AM
johnpeter
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while johnpeter edits it.
Nov 05, 2009, 08:08 AM
Link is Columbusaerorc.ORG or you get the chamber of commerce spam page....geez!
Nov 06, 2009, 12:29 PM

www.columbusaerorc.ORG

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2004
Link is Columbusaerorc.ORG or you get the chamber of commerce spam page....geez!
thanks and my apologies
Nov 06, 2009, 04:21 PM
Closed Account
Hey guys, SleepyC here at the 2009 JR Indoor Electric Festival, and it's Friday, and it's packed! All the big dogs are here already, or are pulling in and there is non-stop flying going on! 3D planes, Jets, scale ships, strange kites with thrust vectoring props, micro machines this event has it all!

I am going back to taking pictures and video. More coverage coming in a little bit!

AND PLEASE REMEMBER We want to give a big thanks to http://www.castlecreations.com/ for sponsoring the coverage this year.
Castle has always been a great supporter of RCGroups.com and the hobby in general.
Last edited by RCGroups Update; Nov 11, 2009 at 12:59 PM.
Nov 06, 2009, 04:35 PM
Closed Account
more shots!

AND PLEASE REMEMBER We want to give a big thanks to http://www.castlecreations.com/ for sponsoring the coverage this year.
Castle has always been a great supporter of RCGroups.com and the hobby in general.
Attached Thumbnails
Last edited by RCGroups Update; Nov 11, 2009 at 01:00 PM.

Quick Reply