Oct 06, 2009, 09:48 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

DH2 Designed and printed with video

Me and My dad have been making our planes better and better. This is the start of our last DH-2 its 1/26th scale 13inch wing span. Also pictured is our last proto type which flies well with Ember guts. This next one will be designed for the guts coming out of the new Park zone Mustang.

Start of the new and better

The oldman holding the prototype
Last edited by MOdesigner; Dec 02, 2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: added to the title
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2009, 09:56 PM
More details?

Plans?

More info - Span, weight, power (motor/GB, prop (etc.), RC equipment (Rx, acts/servos, Batt)
Oct 06, 2009, 10:08 PM
Thread OP
The wing span is 13.25 inches. We are going to tear apart one of the Mustangs we have and put the guts in our new one to make it 4 channel and also will use the Mustang motor and will be experimenting with a 4inch props. There are no plans at this time and this DH2 will soon have a Fokker EIII to dog fight with. With the Fokker EIII will also have Mustang guts and will be experimenting with wing warping, just like the real thing.
Oct 07, 2009, 07:56 AM
Thread OP
This is the upper wing formed....it is 1mm printed depron and was formed on the edge of a table.

Oct 07, 2009, 08:17 AM
Electronics and RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOdesigner
it is 1mm printed depron and was formed on the edge of a table.
Looking good! Did you print on the depron or on tissue?
Oct 07, 2009, 08:29 AM
Thread OP
This is printed straight to the foam after it was airbrushed with Inkaid.
Oct 07, 2009, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOdesigner
This is printed straight to the foam after it was airbrushed with Inkaid.
Did you happen to weight the wink after the InkAID dried? I'm curious about the weight gain, as I am about to do the same thing.

Also, how much did you thin the InkAID?

TIA,

Jim K.
Oct 07, 2009, 06:44 PM
Thread OP
I thinned the inkaid about 30% water 70% inkaid. I say about because I did this by eye. Furthermore I didn't weight before because I coated a whole sheet of depron then cut three 14"x13" sheets after it had dried. If you do a search on inkaid someone has this information.
Oct 08, 2009, 06:20 PM
Thread OP

fuselage and nose plug

This is a test body so I could make the nose plug the right size. I plan on molding the nose out of light clear plastic and airbrushing it the right color.

Oct 08, 2009, 07:46 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Looking good cant wait to see it complete and in the air

Doom
Oct 08, 2009, 08:27 PM
That is really cool
Oct 10, 2009, 09:07 PM
Moderador.
Nice model, congratulations.

Al
Oct 25, 2009, 07:40 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Very nice! I've recently become interested in Indoor and Micro flying and this type of model is just right.

Mike
Oct 25, 2009, 09:52 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for all the encouragement. We are currently trying to perfect thermo vacuum forming the nose pieces. There will be more progress pictures to come soon
Oct 25, 2009, 09:59 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
you guys thinking of making short kits with foam and plastic, but no carbon or gear in it?

Quick Reply