Oct 06, 2009, 11:47 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Sukhoi 47 Berkut - The best of all worlds ITC!

Believe it or not last night I wrote a nice review of my first 5 cycles with the SU-47... unfortunately the flight videos I saved to my computer corrupted the word save file of the review due to lack of disk space!

while I try to salvage... here are the videos!

long story short @29.99 from radioshack it is a must have. Its hard plastic is so much more durable... flies awesomely super slow and fast... very well done ITC (xlcrlee you're a genius!) plane recovers better and is more maneuverable (stock or unmod) then any ITC i've flown.

This plane looks freaking awesome - looks fast even while hovering through thermals. It is a must have!
ITC SU-47 Super slowmo Flight! (0 min 56 sec)

ITC SU-47 awesome! (1 min 37 sec)
Last edited by elvill; Oct 07, 2009 at 04:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2009, 02:58 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
while its a good flying plane and all, i don't like how far from the actual su-47 scale outline. everything about it has been stretched and squished. im sure it probably wouldnt be as durable or naturally stable but id rather have a scale jet than something that simply had the name and a few main parts from the real thing.
but i guess thats why i scratch build most everything lol
Oct 06, 2009, 03:10 PM
Just Say No To GMO
Just a little factoid. A Berkut is a type of giant Eagle used in Mongolia (I believe the Tiblisi (sp?) tribesmen) to hunt Wolves and Deer. No kidding.

Sounds better than a pitbull, where do I sign up?

Be nice to have a hunting Ornithopter with VR goggles and force-feedback, though I'm not sure if RC bird hunting season would begin before or after bow hunting season.

Good job on ITC. After a really poor start they are clearly trying to grab the share of the market that Jakks Pacific dropped.
Oct 06, 2009, 03:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by derk
while its a good flying plane and all, i don't like how far from the actual su-47 scale outline. everything about it has been stretched and squished. im sure it probably wouldnt be as durable or naturally stable but id rather have a scale jet than something that simply had the name and a few main parts from the real thing.
but i guess thats why i scratch build most everything lol

really??? for $30 dollars this is the sharpest-looking, most maneuverable, slow flying jet on the market! ...nothing this good is ever this cheap! ITC really did well with this sukhoi.

ITC makes me happy - My Pulsing PZ P51 sucks sht!
Oct 06, 2009, 06:07 PM
Nice vids el!

They haven't shown up here yet,.....But I will have one.....It never ends, and I still haven't even gotten an AH sport yet! Or the Venom X plane (which incidentally I have a hunch packs the same gear ITC does.....?....)Hows a guy ever gonna find $200 bucks for a real radio so I can have planes with HG gearboxes?
Oct 07, 2009, 09:12 AM

MY plane!

When I demonstrated my F-22 to the CEO of ITC a few years ago, I also demonstrated my Su-47. I even sent repeated emails to ITC to try to persuade them to market this 2nd design, to no avail (then). My prototype was scanned and put into the factory's computer. You can see where the production version has widened wingtips, NOT necessary on the prototype, because the motors were on the vertical tails. Aside from that, it is pretty much my exact design, including the washed-IN wingtips! THAT is a special feature I learned about decades ago when I was at Grumman, who made the US experimental X-29. This design feature is almost unknown to non-aerospace insiders special experts, and certainly NOT to a toy company. One must reasonably conclude that this ITC plane was not "inspired" by mine (why would they randomly pick the same plane to go against the F-22?), but rather exactly copied from mine using the scanned data and my prototype (and the wingtips widened to make it work, since they did not consult me). Finally, even the overall dimensions are the same as my prototype!

The factory owner, with whom I have an agreement, and who has sent the small payments (relative to sales, and relative to what I'd have gotten if I made a deal with ITC, which I did not, since the ITC owner/CEO lied to and cheated me in the past!) for my F-22 so far, will hopefully clear this up.

EDIT: the factory owner just wrote me to ask ITC (with whom I have no agreement) for money, even though they could only have gotten my design from his factory. I asked HIM to please do something about it
Last edited by xlcrlee; Oct 07, 2009 at 09:55 AM.
Oct 07, 2009, 11:28 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlcrlee
When I demonstrated my F-22 to the CEO of ITC a few years ago, I also demonstrated my Su-47. I even sent repeated emails to ITC to try to persuade them to market this 2nd design, to no avail (then). My prototype was scanned and put into the factory's computer. You can see where the production version has widened wingtips, NOT necessary on the prototype, because the motors were on the vertical tails. Aside from that, it is pretty much my exact design, including the washed-IN wingtips! THAT is a special feature I learned about decades ago when I was at Grumman, who made the US experimental X-29. This design feature is almost unknown to non-aerospace insiders special experts, and certainly NOT to a toy company. One must reasonably conclude that this ITC plane was not "inspired" by mine (why would they randomly pick the same plane to go against the F-22?), but rather exactly copied from mine using the scanned data and my prototype (and the wingtips widened to make it work, since they did not consult me). Finally, even the overall dimensions are the same as my prototype!

The factory owner, with whom I have an agreement, and who has sent the small payments (relative to sales, and relative to what I'd have gotten if I made a deal with ITC, which I did not, since the ITC owner/CEO lied to and cheated me in the past!) for my F-22 so far, will hopefully clear this up.

EDIT: the factory owner just wrote me to ask ITC (with whom I have no agreement) for money, even though they could only have gotten my design from his factory. I asked HIM to please do something about it
Not the first time... right, Lee?

Your prototype looks MUCH better fwiw.
Oct 07, 2009, 12:19 PM
AAces High
Great vid Elvill. At least I get to see what mine will look like. What do you call the maneuver where the plane spins down to the ground and shoots off. I was able to do that with my F-22. Or was it the Hulk? Anyways I'm a feeb when it comes to what stunts are what. These look too cool don't they? I wish they left off the roundels and just put stars on them. A little more apropriate huh?

Dave
Oct 07, 2009, 12:29 PM
We can get "a roundel" that kind of stuff......

sorry.....
Oct 07, 2009, 12:45 PM
AAces High
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil'd
We can get "a roundel" that kind of stuff......

sorry.....
Ohhhh....
Oct 07, 2009, 01:06 PM

re > EDIT: the factory owner just wrote me to ask ITC (with whom I have no agreement) for money, even though they could only have gotten my design from his factory. I asked HIM to please do something about it.

The factory owner now wrote me that I am on my own. The Chinese ITC manager just wrote me that "their" design is based on the fullsize aircraft, not on mine. I wrote HIM that the test of copyright infringement is if an ordinary person sees the similarity. And for him to allow the Canadian CEO of ITC to mull this over and consider if paying me the measly 1% (one percent!) and having me praise ITC for doing the right thing is correct and worthwhile to ITC. And fair. And in accordance with the agreement under which i showed ITC this stuff in the first place!

The weird thing is that when my F-22 came out, I tried HARD to get ITC to make my Su-47 (at which time I would have been paid by the factory, at least). I have copies of many emails back and forth discussing this!

Anyone know a good Canadian or USA (Radio Shack!) lawyer willing to take this case on spec?

Lee
Oct 07, 2009, 01:16 PM

hmmm....!

and this was the China office ITC reply to my request to let the Canadian CEO consider this carefully >

Lee,

You got my replied already, our SU-47 was nothing related to you!

Best Regards,
Dickie

[email protected]
Oct 07, 2009, 01:34 PM
So folks, time to use our voices here!

Does the ITC plane look more like the actual fighter, or like xlcrlee's photo model?
Wonder what a guy with a micrometer could tell us about the similarities between the three airframes dimensions?

As for me, I say the ITC plane looks FAR more like Lee's photo, than it looks like the actual SU-47.

It smells worse than either of them, for sure.
Oct 07, 2009, 04:00 PM
Thread OP
Lee,
I'm doing your unmod on the Blue SU-47...

Having issues with the horizontals, I believe they flare too much. cause I am getting to much nose up when applying throttle... but I don't want to add weight.
I'm not so competent with a heat gun... didn't have to do it with the F22 unmod...

what are your thoughts on doing the SU47 unmod??? she flies really well (amazingly slow)stock... does unmod even need to happen???

also, you make really nice foam models - they look top notch! what else you got cooking...
Oct 08, 2009, 12:33 AM
is the red Su-47 the same frequency as the blue one? 49Mhz?
Last edited by squishydonut; Oct 08, 2009 at 12:47 AM.

Quick Reply