Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
everyone likes it!

about that much
Dec 28, 2009, 05:05 AM
RC Guru
Cool, so it's worth the price then?
Dec 28, 2009, 05:07 AM
Team White Llama!
yes. mostly in the "it's thought out for you" department.

just put the stuff on and it flies. i didn't even check the CG on mine and it flew great.

not a speed demon (a sqaull would do 110-120mph on the same power), but plenty of fun and good out of the box performance.
Dec 28, 2009, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
Cool, so it's worth the price then?
It's one of those things, that you see...hear, and if you gotta ask, it ain't for you
Dec 28, 2009, 05:55 AM
Love mine !!! an I think Parkzone gets an A+ with it ,I have a few others but for right out of the box fun an A+,I even pulled the gear off an could take off the grass now it was at the sod farm but still got it up an that was after my flight was just about over,the guys were telling me to try it an she did with no problem,now if it had box tape on it, it would have slid better but did just fine on a low Lipo!! hats off to Parkzone !!
Dec 28, 2009, 08:31 AM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtakeo View Post
That is a hot vid man. What camera did you use?
Canon Vixia HF10 HD and modified Pure Digital Point and Shoot for
onboard. Glad you liked it

Your formation vid was sick! Well done!
Dec 28, 2009, 08:42 AM
Internal Paradigm Consultant
Info for the Phoenix simmers. I talked to the Phoenix Support today and they said the following:

Quote:
We do have the Parkzone Habu on our schedule for new releases, and this should be available very soon.

Best Regards

Phoenix Support
Dec 28, 2009, 09:05 AM
NY Slope Dog
Man nice video! That's a hard act to follow. This is from Sunday. Not the best quality but you get the idea.

Second flight was with stock pack and that's when we used the radar: ~90 mph

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWindj.../0/8IXAgP6uAPM
Dec 28, 2009, 10:43 AM
so it will ROGrass? cool. i wonder if i need to switch front plates to do this. i currently just remove the gear and leave the servo/nosewheel plate in for gearless flight. if it works , i wont be using the gear anyway. packing tape sure would help.
Dec 28, 2009, 12:12 PM
jrb
jrb
Got mine for Christmas!

A Turnigy 3300mAh 4S 30C Lipo Pack fits perfectly and seems to put the CG virtually right on too 1/8” forward: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s..._30C_Lipo_Pack .

Looks like the back edge of the canopy is about ¼” a head of the spec CG – mine just droops a bit of tail when I use a hook there for storage and CG check.

Is this a good CG location?

Anybody use the grey wing skid – where’d you put them?
Dec 28, 2009, 02:29 PM
The manual says they go right behind the nose landing gear an 1 in front of the tail cone so its your call it left mine off an yes it will ROG with no problem put some box tape on it an i bet it will slide better to !
Last edited by obxfishfuzz; Dec 28, 2009 at 03:33 PM.
Dec 28, 2009, 03:11 PM
Member 120mph Club
I didnt add the skids either and I bungee launch mine and belly flop her.
Dec 28, 2009, 05:12 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
With the skids in the recommended position it is hard to ROG. The rear skid keeps it from rotating enough to get lift and it just sticks on the ground. Maybe a single mounted wheel in the center at CG (Alpha like) would make it even better..
Dec 28, 2009, 06:23 PM
NY Slope Dog
This vid is much easier to watch:

Habu at Midstate.MOV (5 min 9 sec)

The iPhone trumps the 1300 dollar Sony.

We got a ton of snow today. I was sort of hoping winter was over

Once thing this plane has over the EF16 is the intake isn't on the bottom, so the snow doesn't get sucked into the intake. ROG isn't a pretty sight on the F16, but the Habu can do it in the right snow conditions.

Quick Reply