Oct 04, 2009, 01:48 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Indoor aerobatics in Finnish national TV show (Talent)

Hi all,

A group called "Flying Circus" has participated to Finnish Talent - competition on TV channel Nelonen. They got trough from first qualifications and were on TV this evening, probaly about 400.000 - 600.000 watchers. That's not much in US but that's about 10% of Finnish population

The pilots received award yesterday in the national aeroplane awards for their effort.

Dunno if you can watch their show from abroad but you can try: http://www.nelonen.fi/video?vt=video&vid=42796
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2009, 01:10 PM
Addicted to foam
I could. That was pretty cool
Oct 05, 2009, 01:18 PM
Aeromodeller by heart!
WAAAYYY to go. Finally got some real talent in these shows!

RubSon
Oct 05, 2009, 02:10 PM
The problem with "Model Flying" in a talent show is, that most viewers have no idea how difficult it actually is. Top pilots make it look so easy.
It is also way to time consuming to come up with a different show act each round.

Jürgen
Oct 05, 2009, 02:36 PM
I am been informed, that estimated 680 000 viewers for latest part of Talent.
Pilots are Pasi Kärppä and Jooel Kalmari. These guys have been competing at German open championship 2008.
Last edited by lastuaja; Oct 08, 2009 at 07:10 AM.
Oct 05, 2009, 03:02 PM
Video is not working for me... Was it aeromuysicals ore some kind of fun flying?
Oct 05, 2009, 03:30 PM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Works for me Don

Its essentially a synchro routine with lights on the model. The spave they have to fly in though is very small and limits the routines, which is a real shame. It seemed very well received by the judges and audience though
Oct 06, 2009, 01:59 PM
Fly 'Em Til You Sell 'Em
awesome!! what planes are these i know they are foamies but which ones? any plans or kits also what light kit was used
Oct 07, 2009, 01:24 AM
I hear the plane is called "El Toro", and plans or kits have not been published. Yet, anyway.

Kimmo Kaukoranta should know all about it. And if he knows, most likely "tzouni" does too.
Last edited by perttime; Oct 07, 2009 at 01:32 AM.
Oct 07, 2009, 06:37 AM
The plane is Jooel Kalmari's Aeromusicals desing called "El Toro", like perttime already told. Plans are not publicly available, but a short kit including CNC milled depron parts is available in Finland. Shipping them internationally has not been planned, but I quess it's possible if there is enough demand. Please contact me privately.

The lights are custom built using 34 ultra bright leds per plane by Jooel. Current for the LED's alone is around 900mA. The magnificent airbrushing is also done by Jooel.

Both pilots have a back up plane, so 4 similar planes have been constructed for the show. They are using a Futaba FASST receiver, 4x C131 servos, Axi 2203/Race, CC Phoenix 10 controllers and 350-400mAh 2S batteries.

I have attached few pictures posted by Jooel earlier to the "Finnish RC Groups" lennokit.net
Oct 07, 2009, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap
The spave they have to fly in though is very small and limits the routines, which is a real shame.
I hear the stage for the semifinals will be bigger, so the guys will have more space to maneuvre.
Oct 07, 2009, 08:12 AM
Great show! Great Design the airbrush and leds and so on! Great choreography!
Oct 07, 2009, 04:44 PM
UAS Test Pilot
Wow, this was amazing... The whole performance was so professionally done. Great job guys, this is a good way to promote our sport.
Oct 18, 2009, 01:14 PM
I am glad that not I gave a thought to it only that this a brainwave to try to start with an airplane the talent on a searching competition.
By:Picipocc son :Gyula

http://www.rtlklub.hu/csillagszuletik/videorovat/2057
Oct 19, 2009, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmo Kaukoranta
The plane is Jooel Kalmari's Aeromusicals desing called "El Toro", like perttime already told. Plans are not publicly available, but a short kit including CNC milled depron parts is available in Finland. Shipping them internationally has not been planned, but I quess it's possible if there is enough demand. Please contact me privately.

The lights are custom built using 34 ultra bright leds per plane by Jooel. Current for the LED's alone is around 900mA. The magnificent airbrushing is also done by Jooel.

Both pilots have a back up plane, so 4 similar planes have been constructed for the show. They are using a Futaba FASST receiver, 4x C131 servos, Axi 2203/Race, CC Phoenix 10 controllers and 350-400mAh 2S batteries.

I have attached few pictures posted by Jooel earlier to the "Finnish RC Groups" lennokit.net
Hi!

Do you know maybe what is the frist music song,that was played by their show?

Thanks,Attila

Quick Reply