Dec 28, 2009, 10:28 PM
SoCal SlowFlyer
I would also like to report that my 2212-13 1000KV motor works flawlessly with the 30A ESC.

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?app=goods&spec_id=160

I have them powered up with a 1500Mah lipo and a 9x4.7 SF prop and nothing is getting hot at all, The motor was also supplied with the X-mount and prop adaptor. And I also used the Dean's with grips on the ESC that fits perfectly with the original Ultra Dean's on my lipos.

No need for me to shop anywhere else!

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2009, 11:29 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoRC
I would also like to report that my 2212-13 1000KV motor works flawlessly with the 30A ESC.

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?app=goods&spec_id=160

I have them powered up with a 1500Mah lipo and a 9x4.7 SF prop and nothing is getting hot at all, The motor was also supplied with the X-mount and prop adaptor. And I also used the Dean's with grips on the ESC that fits perfectly with the original Ultra Dean's on my lipos.

No need for me to shop anywhere else!

Steve
That's literally "cool" Steve. You got the yellow one, (orange?), I got the purple motor which is 2gr heavier but has similar ratings. I'm using a larger prop & flying a relatively large airplane with it, which would explain the motor heating. I notice that RCTimer has improved their product specification info on the motors on their website; on the far right side it used to just list "amps", that section now says "esc(A)" and they only list a max "Watts" rating on the motors. When I originally ordered my motor back in November, the website only listed "30A" under "amps", so it was not exactly clear, other than watts, what the max current of the motor is. I ordered mine for the lower kv rating to enable the use of a larger diameter prop, and I only run the motor in 15-30 second WOT bursts to gain altitude and then soar after that. The motor is running close to 200 watts at WOT, so heating is to be expected, but it has time to cool between "bursts" and does the job I wanted it for very well indeed. I'm very impressed by it out-performing more expensive motors of the same size; we'll have to wait & see if it lasts as long. My next project is a GP's PBY, which calls for two Rimfire 28-30-950 motors; I'm very tempted to use the A2212-13 on that plane after reading you're review of it. BTW: You should also check out Headsup RC : http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/StoreFront . Jeff has great prices too, and shipping only takes 3 days & costs $2; worth considering too!

Sonny
Dec 28, 2009, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100
Anyone know what "Has not delivered goods" as the status on your order means?

Order 2009122053324 placed on 12/20 and not shipped yet.
I just ordered the esc which free shipping and just $9.99
I wonder how could I know my item has been shipped or not ?

KEV
Dec 29, 2009, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by love_misa
I just ordered the esc which free shipping and just $9.99
I wonder how could I know my item has been shipped or not ?

KEV
Your best bet is to PM Nina. The website usually goes from "to be shipped" to "have been receiving" around the time the package arrives. Least amount of time I've waited for an order was 10 days; most 21 days. This time of year.....who knows? Good luck,

Sonny
Dec 29, 2009, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1
Your best bet is to PM Nina. The website usually goes from "to be shipped" to "have been receiving" around the time the package arrives. Least amount of time I've waited for an order was 10 days; most 21 days. This time of year.....who knows? Good luck,

Sonny

Yah yah, thanks for your advice. I know we're on holiday weeks. so it would take longer to ship to US.

KEV
Dec 29, 2009, 06:15 AM
five by five
listing the number of stator teeth & the number of poles (magnets) for each motor would be quite helpful! keep up the good work!
-sj
Dec 29, 2009, 10:40 AM
Received shipping confirmation on my order. Looks like their site may not update as fast as it could but no worries.
Dec 29, 2009, 12:53 PM

RC Timer Motor

Hi Sonny,

Can I ask what airplane you were using this on? These motors look like a good deal. Did you get your battery and esc at Hobbypartz?

Thanks,
GW
Dec 29, 2009, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywing
Hi Sonny,

Can I ask what airplane you were using this on? These motors look like a good deal. Did you get your battery and esc at Hobbypartz?

Thanks,
GW
Hi GW, the airplane is an ARF Polk Hobbies Jessica 2M sailplane; it originally was equipped with a Speed 600 brushed motor w/ blow-molded plastic fuse and balsa built-up wings. Polk had a big sale this past fall and I picked up 2 of the planes for just $25 each, so with the RCTimer motor, the Hobbypartz lipos, & Volcano esc I have around $60 invested in each plane; now that's a bargain in any book! Here is a thread on the plane, I posted pics of one of them, (I have 2), showing the brushless conversion I did on one: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1105025, (in fact this is the one the RCT 2830-13 is now installed in). And yes, the battery packs are the "Green Power" lipos from Hobbypartz; I see they have the blue lipos on sale at the moment btw. I'm very happy with the battery packs so far, they balance perfectly and are barely warm after running at a 20A discharge rate; they are rated for 25C so they hardly break a sweat at 20A. I lucked out with these planes, they fly great and are very rugged; the fuse is almost indestructible and the wings are super strong. Both of them climb to "speck" height in 15 seconds at WOT, and thermal very well. Who says RC has to be expensive?

Sonny
Dec 29, 2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Sonny1. You are absolutely right, that is some cheap fun. Was Polk liquidating the Jessica kits? I tried to get some catalog info on Polks website and their site is horrible - can't get any info. How did you find out about the Jessica sale?

Sorry to hijack this thread. Kind of off subject but in line with the continuing search for bargains.

GW
Dec 29, 2009, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywing
Thanks for the feedback, Sonny1. You are absolutely right, that is some cheap fun. Was Polk liquidating the Jessica kits? I tried to get some catalog info on Polks website and their site is horrible - can't get any info. How did you find out about the Jessica sale?

Sorry to hijack this thread. Kind of off subject but in line with the continuing search for bargains.

GW
Yes, they were going out of the ARF business, and just blew everything out at $25; it was like a feeding frenzy here on RCG for a couple of days, I was lucky to get them when I did. Their website is a nightmare to deal with, and I'm sure they are sold out of all their "close-out" items. As mentioned above, Headsup RC as well as Hobbypartz are very good sites to find deals on. Headsup has $2 shipping on all orders and great prices, and Hobbypartz has a relatively low shipping charge and a US warehouse to ship from, (Headsup is in Florida; orders arrive in 3-4 days). RCTimer has all that too, but you have to be willing to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery. Hobby City is good too, but their shipping rates are prohibitive though they do have a huge selection of items. RCTimer, Headsup, and Hobbypartz are my "usual suspects" when I need gear, though I will go anywhere on the web for a good deal.

Sonny
Dec 29, 2009, 10:30 PM
SoCal SlowFlyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1
That's literally "cool" Steve. You got the yellow one, (orange?), I got the purple motor which is 2gr heavier but has similar ratings. I'm using a larger prop & flying a relatively large airplane with it, which would explain the motor heating.... My next project is a GP's PBY, which calls for two Rimfire 28-30-950 motors; I'm very tempted to use the A2212-13 on that plane after reading you're review of it. BTW: You should also check out Headsup RC : http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/StoreFront . Jeff has great prices too, and shipping only takes 3 days & costs $2; worth considering too!

Sonny
Sonny, thanks for the tip on HeadsupRC. I like to find good bargins!

Yes, the orange 2212-13 motor is I think what's also referred to as a 400 size motor (as opposed to the smaller 370 or larger 480 size). I run it on my scratchbuilt foamy parkflyers that are range 14-20 oz (AUW). I prefer slowflying at about 50%-75% throttle but if I need the speed, this motor can pick up pretty well at full throttle.

BTW...not to get off the thread subject, but are there any good parkflying sites in SLO? (you can PM me if you like. Thx!)

Steve
Dec 30, 2009, 02:09 PM
Ordered a bunch of the deans connectors. They look good and arrived to Utah in around two weeks. (I ordered slow boat with the $2 tracking code.)
Dec 30, 2009, 02:34 PM
Fly Low Fly Fast Fly Often

40 amp ESC

Hi Nina, Do I need a return material authorization to send back the 40 amp esc? We only had about 2 minutes in the air with this new ESC on 2S 2150mah when the motor stopped. Pulling 35 amps max it just died. Fortunatly the BEC continued to work so the plane is fine.

We installed a different 40 amp esc and the plane is flying just fine.

So I would like to return this ESC for a replacement and I need to know the procedure and address.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Excellent Service...Received the ESC in short order. About mid January. Finally got it installed and tested and it is running just fine. Thanks again Nina.
Last edited by jjr2001; Feb 01, 2010 at 02:56 PM.
Dec 30, 2009, 03:09 PM
Have you seen my nut?

State Missing

Hey Nina,

If you see this post. I have tried to order a couple times and have contacted the web master regarding this a couple weeks back. But you do not have Nebraska listed on the pull down menu when putting in the shipping address so it won't let me finalize an order.

So if you can get someone to add Nebraska to you list of states.

Quick Reply