Jun 05, 2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw
What's with you Miha? Jealousy has nothing to do with this, counterfeit/copy is not jealousy, you have no idea. Even RCtimer knows better.
You know exactly what I meant... your comment which stated that they "might be connected to some 'party member' way up at the top (but locally in Shenzhen)", a comment that obviously is accusing them of corruption and nepotism. And you as DJI co-owner talk about shame?
Last edited by ~>Miha<~; Jun 05, 2012 at 07:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2012, 07:52 PM
never a DJI rep .... again jealousy has nothing to do with me whether they are connected.
Jun 05, 2012, 07:55 PM
Sorry, I forgot that sidneyw the DJI co-owner has fired sidneyw the DJI rep. Or did he employ him again?
Jun 05, 2012, 11:26 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujiber
I never said anything about this being ok. I would not have posted that if I thought it was ok. I was just referring to the DJI F450 clone thread.
Clones of those have popped up everywhere. DJI Has dropped their retail price for it though below the price of the clones.
it was quite the unexpected price drop for the frames.

If you can't keep the clones from hitting the market, you can drop the price to better compete with them. Why by a clone for $25 when you can get the real deal for $32, etc etc

So if the ms800 comes online in mid august and people report honestly what they see/experience/think about it, then perhaps DJI will say screw it and drop the S800 down to a price that would give the clone buyer pause.
Jun 06, 2012, 01:39 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
Why by a clone for $25 when you can get the real deal for $32, etc etc
Except I heard a rumor that cloned rctimer frames are actually better/stiffer plastic than DJI ones. Not saying much and still plastic, but lol.
Jun 06, 2012, 02:40 AM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
What's with you Miha? Jealousy has nothing to do with this, counterfeit/copy is not jealousy, you have no idea. Even RCtimer knows better.
Since you have 2 patents for the frame, lean back and let your legal department do the job.
Wasn't that what you announced in the other thread?
Jun 06, 2012, 02:58 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
Well, the Chinese have been bootlegging our stuff for years with impunity, no reason to think they wouldn't do the same to each other.
Jun 06, 2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
Since you have 2 patents for the frame, lean back and let your legal department do the job.
It is not patented (yet) in my opinion, otherwise that e-mail asking dji dealers to not order from rctimer would not be needed... I translated it that the s800 price for dealers is higher than the price of rctimer frames... I told to DJI at the start that this will not work if they sell directly instead of via the dealers ONLY including the "special" priced back orders and the results of this dji business strategy are here, no surprise.
Jun 06, 2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1
Well, the Chinese have been bootlegging our stuff for years with impunity, no reason to think they wouldn't do the same to each other.
Hummmm, let me think. Yeah, gun powder, silk, paper and ... yes China.
One more, half of Union Pacific .... sound about right.
Jun 06, 2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektromodely
It is not patented (yet) in my opinion, otherwise that e-mail asking dji dealers to not order from rctimer would not be needed... I translated it that the s800 price for dealers is higher than the price of rctimer frames... I told to DJI at the start that this will not work if they sell directly instead of via the dealers ONLY including the "special" priced back orders and the results of this dji business strategy are here, no surprise.
And ... what'd happened? You did not become a dealer. Why not place order to RCtimer and let TC and I know if DJI should make the plastic stiffer.
Jun 06, 2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
You will need a little more of this
Jun 06, 2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1
It's not just Chinese, it's everywhere but Chinese perhaps do it too aggressively not respecting any copyrights.

Remember?

- Computer mouse invented by Xerox, stolen by Apple
- windows GUI invented by Xerox, stolen by Apple, then by Microsoft
- keywords advertising invented by Overture, stolen by Google

... etc. It's just human nature - greed. The difference is in the US there were lawsuits and some financial compensations. In China, who knows... probably nothing.
Last edited by alek3d; Jun 06, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
Jun 06, 2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
And ... what'd happened? You did not become a dealer.
I am. And I am in the business since 1990, not since 2008 and I will be here after 2014 no matter what will be happen with dji meantime...

Quote:
Why not place order to RCtimer and let TC and I know if DJI should make the plastic stiffer.
Honestly speaking I do not care as we will see in August For the margin I am pushed to work with I do too much for dji here. You would do nothing for dji for such almost no money, it is like 10-times+ smaller margin compared to USA on 1k-times smaller market, wouldn't you ?

I am sorry but I would not tell to the customers to not order from rctimer and this is not needed at all as for 1.9k they would order the complete MikroKopter hexa XL kit, not the heavy frames + motors + ESCs + propellers only The end user price of s800 will be LESS than 1k in August or it will be 1.9k including WKM or other MCU+IMU IMO...
Jun 06, 2012, 01:45 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d
It's not just Chinese, it's everywhere but Chinese perhaps do it too aggressively not respecting any copyrights.

Remember?

- Computer mouse invented by Xerox, stolen by Apple
- windows GUI invented by Xerox, stolen by Apple, then by Microsoft
- keywords advertising invented by Overture, stolen by Google

... etc. It's just human nature - greed. The difference is in the US there were lawsuits and some financial compensations. In China, who knows... probably nothing.
And just about every music cd, movie, & musical instrument too. I was in the musical instrument industry for decades, and saw many counterfeits, especially in the last few years.
Jun 07, 2012, 04:00 AM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
You will need a little more of this
Sure - it'll take forever to sue them - I won't be holding my breath, lol!

RCTimer will release their M800, DJI will have to lower the price and that's it!
Did I mention that the RCTimer offer will have an impact on the S800 sales?

Quick Reply