Nov 23, 2011, 06:49 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaza07
Well said all to often these types of threads show vendors in a bad light,
I also have had good service and products from RcTimer and would recommend them to anyone, I also have friends that use them and feel the same,
Keep up the good work
I've been a customer of RCT since the beginning, and there have been some ups and downs, but they have tried their best to address issues as they arise. There have been some translation issues, but in general RCT has tried to deliver good products. A little patience goes a long way, and we should remember that they are literally on the other side of the world and speak a different language, and given the chance RCT will usually come through in the end.

Sonny
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2011, 08:49 PM
Sad that people just try junk or low quality goods to save cost, since the quality is not good, then the whole package (goods themselves, craftsmanship, material used, and most important after sales services) will fall below average level.

What can you expect from all this? Or simply drop it anyway...

Still good luck to you all...
Nov 24, 2011, 08:52 PM
duplicated...
Nov 25, 2011, 11:21 AM
Slow Flyer
"Sad that people just try junk or low quality goods to save cost..."

I am not sure that you actually know what other people have tried. How did you come to the conclusion?

I've tried the typical general range of products from Horizon, Hobby Lobby, Parkzone, e-flite, Spektrum, ThunderPower, Hitec, etc etc... I read peer reviews, see what people are using at the field, talk to friends, inhabit rcgroups, etc etc. I typically buy things that are tried and time-tested. I am quite happy with the purchases that I have made...whether that be from RCTIMER, Hobbyking, hobby lobby, Horizon, etc...

Ultimately, it just sounds like you are making a broad, generalized statement...
Last edited by Bombay; Nov 25, 2011 at 12:25 PM. Reason: clarity
Dec 02, 2011, 05:11 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Personally I have RCTimer motors that have been flown several time a day for the last two years with no problems. All my motors seem to last longer when I don't use them as landing gear...
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Dec 08, 2011, 07:20 PM
Is it possible to get a list of the RCtimer escs that have the Atmega8 chip? Here is a thread for reflashing the Atmega chips in escs. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1513678

This mod does not work with the SIL chip. I have 6 rct 30a escs, with the atmega8 chip, that I'm going to use in a hexa-copter. It has a much better response for multi-rotors. If you flash, the warranty is voided and you can't go back.
Dec 18, 2011, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint
Is it possible to get a list of the RCtimer escs that have the Atmega8 chip? Here is a thread for reflashing the Atmega chips in escs. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1513678

This mod does not work with the SIL chip. I have 6 rct 30a escs, with the atmega8 chip, that I'm going to use in a hexa-copter. It has a much better response for multi-rotors. If you flash, the warranty is voided and you can't go back.
+1

i neet that list too... all the 6 TGY plush 12A that i've ordered for my flyduspider uses the SIL chip

greetengs!!
Jan 08, 2012, 07:52 PM
Hi Nina or Frank,

Can you give me some suggestion between "BC3536-11 750KV" & "FPV 5010-14 360KV" motors? I've got the Xaircraft DIY X6 frame, and just wondering which motor got better quality and performance. Espically I didn't see any test or review about the 5010 motor yet. So I did worry about the 5010 quality. Also could you tell me which ESC and battery are suit for these motors, and how long does the fully charge battery last for in your recommend setups with these 2 motors? Finally, how long do the waranty last for these motors? Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Marco
Last edited by takisa; Jan 08, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Jan 09, 2012, 06:27 AM
does anyone know, usually how long will they take for reply?
Jan 23, 2012, 05:06 PM
Can anyone comment on the differences in the 2826/2212 and the 2830 motors? I'm looking at one or the other at least for a Slow Stick right now, and then if it does well, maybe others for other planes.

Is one a better quality?

How is the 2830 longer, but only ways 2g more than the 2826? Is one of these weights wrong?
And at only 2g heavier, could the 2830 really handle anywhere near the 60W more than the 2826, as it shows?

When comparing two of the same KV (ie. 1000), why is the 2826 listed with a larger prop than the 2830? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Has anyone had any problem having a custom KV made? Do you get the same quality motor?

Does anyone knows who makes these?
Feb 14, 2012, 02:17 PM
Fly low and slow ?

RC Timer Customer Service #1

I've ordered some connectors etc. from RC Timer right about new year and waited for about a month but the shipment never arrived, so I've sent an e-mail asking if they can help with this problem. To make a long story short all I have to do is wait a few more days to make sure that the shipment is actually lost and then they will resend it to me.
This is an example of exceptional service, I will be buying from them again for sure, further more if my lost shipment ever shows-up I will pay them for the replacement that they will be sending out to me.
Feb 28, 2012, 09:51 PM
I placed an order way back on Jan-9/2012 for 4x5g servo's and I still have not received them as of today.I have sent two e-mails in the last two weeks about this matter to RC Timer and they have not responded to either on.I have been ordering from them since 2009 and I can't tell you how disappointed I am in how they respond to their customers concerns.There is no excuse for this lack of service.I don't know what's going on at RC Timer as of late but the service and communication is not what it used to be.Now I have to contact Pay Pal to try and get my money back for this order that I've already paid for.Buyers beware when dealing with RC Timer as of late.One very disappointed RC Timer customer.
Last edited by Turbobeaver; Feb 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Correction of order placement date
Mar 01, 2012, 01:14 PM
If anyone is having problems with non delivery of goods from RC Timer(or any other on-line vendor) and you paid using Mastercard(i.e-Mastercard through Paypal),even if it's outside the Paypal 45 day resolution period,you can still apply for a "charge back" through Mastercard.Your Mastercard purchase is protected for a period of 90 days from the original purchase date.If your shipment doesn't show up,Mastercard can reverse the charges for that shipment until proven otherwise by the sending vendor.If the seller cannot provide proof of shipment or of customer receipt or simply doesn't reply to Mastercards e-mail inquiries regarding the matter,the charges will remain reversed.Just thought I would pass this along to help others out that may be possibly experiencing a similiar thing.I've had to learn this lesson the hard way.Know your rights people and don't be afraid to stand up for what is right.After all,it's your money.I hope this bit of info helps someone out.
Mar 08, 2012, 05:52 PM
most exalted one
My order placed Jan 27 just arrived. HOWEVER!!!

Order number 20120127040007

1. 5Pairs Balance Harness 3S RC-8068 have the leads "twisted" so they are not balance extensions but would be a conversion harness for old style Common Sense RC??!!!

I put two together to make them right. I may have to disconnect wires and re-insert in plug!!!!

2. 5 Pairs RC-8067 Balance Harness 2S - exactly same problem.

I used to have 0 problems with RCTimer. Now I seem to have a problem with each order.

This could have blown a pack or a charger or possibly burned up a house. Luckily my chargers complained about a voltage error immediately.

So will you re-send the real balance leads?????

Most recent other problem was cheap B3 chargers, ordered for someone else so I bought one. Charged a pack about 6 times and it is now in the trash as it bitched about voltage. Solder gone bad somewhere. At least it was less than $10 wasted.

Dennis Miller
Last edited by 4*60; Mar 08, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Mar 11, 2012, 11:20 PM
Standing Athwart History
Howdy RCTimer!

I have a question about your little 2g servos:

RC 2g Micro Servos Torque:0.7kg/cm at 6V
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...6&productname=

Do they use the Futaba Micro Plug / Micro Molex 3 Pin connectors (1.25mm Spacing)?

Thank you all for your time.

Quick Reply