New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:46 PM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
that's a big tree you have there BF.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:47 PM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
efx, just letting you know that your flymentor blog is now up as a feature blog! Congrats!
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:37 PM
mugen 1 is offline
Find More Posts by mugen 1
Registered User
Crashed the 250 again today on the second battery, I must have grabbed the wrong battery because the heli flew for a minute and then dropped. Minor damage, I just straightened the flybar changed battery and continue to fly. I also flew the the 450, like efx says "it's so smooth". To me the 250 is like a jet fighter and the 450 is a 747 jetliner, almost swan like, and it kinda says to me, please don't crash me, so I fly it conservatively.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:38 PM
beenflying is offline
Find More Posts by beenflying
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
that's a big tree you have there BF.
Yes. Luckily all I have to do is put it up and fit the train. The wife does the rest. She really gets into Christmas. You should see the rest of the house...
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:08 PM
efx is offline
efx
Find More Posts by efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
Thanks pitchp. I'm not sure where that's changed but you know I only show this stuff to hopefully help others, but that's kind of cool. Thanks guys. If there's anything wrong please feel free to correct me so I can make sure others get the right info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
efx, just letting you know that your flymentor blog is now up as a feature blog! Congrats!
Last edited by efx; Dec 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:37 AM
nightfox7 is offline
Find More Posts by nightfox7
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
nightfox7's Avatar
What do yall think is the most economical setup for this heli? I have flown little fixed pitch helis before but am wanting to advance a little..
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:35 PM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7 View Post
What do yall think is the most economical setup for this heli? I have flown little fixed pitch helis before but am wanting to advance a little..
what do you mean by economical??
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:15 PM
BThirsk is offline
Find More Posts by BThirsk
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7 View Post
What do yall think is the most economical setup for this heli? I have flown little fixed pitch helis before but am wanting to advance a little..
My best suggestion is buy the new V922 CP to break your self in on. It can be had for 100.00 shipped and you can fly indoors or outside. While you're learning to fly with it and not go broke fixing things you break, you can be building a 250 and learning how everything goes together and works. The standard HK metal flybar is the cheapest, but you will need to upgrade some parts like the ball links and the balls to Align parts as they are not good.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:07 PM
nightfox7 is offline
Find More Posts by nightfox7
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
nightfox7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
what do you mean by economical??
Economical = im cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
My best suggestion is buy the new V922 CP to break your self in on. It can be had for 100.00 shipped and you can fly indoors or outside. While you're learning to fly with it and not go broke fixing things you break, you can be building a 250 and learning how everything goes together and works. The standard HK metal flybar is the cheapest, but you will need to upgrade some parts like the ball links and the balls to Align parts as they are not good.
hmm okay, that's also the same thing as the hk fbl100 right?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:36 AM
BThirsk is offline
Find More Posts by BThirsk
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7 View Post
Economical = im cheap
hmm okay, that's also the same thing as the hk fbl100 right?
Pretty much the same.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:18 PM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
seems like flymentors are the new popular thing for the 250.

250 R/c heli (1 min 16 sec)
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:15 PM
efx is offline
efx
Find More Posts by efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
It looks like the flymentor gyro also sucks on the 250 just like the other similar size piezo gyros. Well, I finally took off that gyro and put my assan gryro back on there. I'll be testing it without that gyro and let you know how it goes. I looked at the videos and if it works without it then I'll be fine with that. I tried the mix to use a separate switch but it just didn't work on the stock 9x as the choices are limited, but then again I'm not even sure how to get those to work. I also used the aux channel, but still didn't get anywhere with those. So I'll keep it simple and see what happens. Just waiting for the spare parts as the main shaft I took off the kit I had just happened to also be bent out of shape which sucks so that's also giving grief. I'll throw that away once I get the spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
seems like flymentors are the new popular thing for the 250.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8dxU02uc2U
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:34 AM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
It looks like the flymentor gyro also sucks on the 250 just like the other similar size piezo gyros. Well, I finally took off that gyro and put my assan gryro back on there. I'll be testing it without that gyro and let you know how it goes. I looked at the videos and if it works without it then I'll be fine with that. I tried the mix to use a separate switch but it just didn't work on the stock 9x as the choices are limited, but then again I'm not even sure how to get those to work. I also used the aux channel, but still didn't get anywhere with those. So I'll keep it simple and see what happens. Just waiting for the spare parts as the main shaft I took off the kit I had just happened to also be bent out of shape which sucks so that's also giving grief. I'll throw that away once I get the spares.
sorry to hear about your experience with the flymentor. Efx I just want to save you from the assan gyro. Seriously I've tried that gyro and countless others have also tried it. When you start flying more seriously with the assan gyro, it will fail on you. Just ask the others here who have tried it. Efx I know you're on a tight budget, but seriously consider getting a spartan quark. You'll need to upgrade your current 250. But it's worth it. Don't even waste your time with the assan. Just ask the guys here, especially mugen1. Hopefully he can convince you to get a quark. The 250 is a learning journey, it can be expensive if you go on the wrong track. All the best buddy.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:03 AM
efx is offline
efx
Find More Posts by efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
Yes, me too. I'll keep that in mind, but so far at least for my learning they have been working just fine. I'm actually really liking them now that I've been playing more and more with the settings as it's become a bit easier for me to set them up. As I get better I'll probably look into other gyros, but I just don't need that much right now. In any case I need to sell a few things off since I just don't need more than the 2 250 kits I have, and a few other things for now.

Anyway, here's another video I got today. The rain finally stopped so I went out for a bit and did a little flying with my 450.
Just getting some thumb practice... (4 min 12 sec)


Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
sorry to hear about your experience with the flymentor. Efx I just want to save you from the assan gyro. Seriously I've tried that gyro and countless others have also tried it. When you start flying more seriously with the assan gyro, it will fail on you. Just ask the others here who have tried it. Efx I know you're on a tight budget, but seriously consider getting a spartan quark. You'll need to upgrade your current 250. But it's worth it. Don't even waste your time with the assan. Just ask the guys here, especially mugen1. Hopefully he can convince you to get a quark. The 250 is a learning journey, it can be expensive if you go on the wrong track. All the best buddy.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:20 PM
efx is offline
efx
Find More Posts by efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
Some good news on the flymentor. I think I got the balancing mode working. Just updated the thread. Anyway I'm on my way out the door, but thought some of you may want to check it out. No flight test yet, but seems to work fine on my hand. And yes I know better, but sometimes you just have to test!!! LOL


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official HeliMax AXE CP Thread with pics post em here!!?.. darklyte24 Micro Helis 10606 Nov 19, 2015 02:32 PM
Build Log Nitroplanes Lander 70mm F9F Panther EDF Build Log and Review The Don Foamy EDFs 38 Jun 03, 2014 11:09 PM
GWS Spitfire Build thread (with glassing tutorial) David Winter GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 156 Sep 14, 2009 06:42 AM
Discussion Build log or review for BulleT? raycsr Electric Sailplanes 3 Jan 30, 2009 02:03 PM
looking for build thread with upclose photos HIGHFLYER99 Foamies (Kits) 13 May 21, 2005 09:54 PM