Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:14 AM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
I've recently stumbled on to this:

http://www.align-trex.co.uk/205d-sec...cb-p-1394.html




That's right seconds. What are your thoughts about buying seconds blades. Don't get me wrong I will still try to see if i can get my hands on some spinblades.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:57 AM
kylelnsn is offline
Find More Posts by kylelnsn
Registered User
I have seconds! use them on my 250 no problems. The only reason they are "seconds" are paint blemishes. They are perfectly usable! and Great!

http://rc-hero.co.uk/spare-parts/Bla...05mm-hd200bqcb
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:31 PM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
Welp I couldn't find any reputable online shop that sells spinblades, so I ended up buying 2 sets of the Align 205d main blades from ebay. I also bought the EXTREME 250 boom mount hopefully this is better than the align.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/T-Rex-250...item3f0a315286



I also got most of the other parts aswell today. I thought I might aswell get it. I bought the new 250 tail slider and the rest
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:01 AM
mhills51 is offline
Find More Posts by mhills51
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
The align is fine if you have a belt sander. A lite sanding on both half's and it holds great.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:09 AM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
The align is fine if you have a belt sander. A lite sanding on both half's and it holds great.
that's a good tip. thank you
Last edited by pitchp; Jul 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:33 AM
BThirsk is offline
Find More Posts by BThirsk
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Welp I couldn't find any reputable online shop that sells spinblades, so I ended up buying 2 sets of the Align 205d main blades from ebay. I also bought the EXTREME 250 boom mount hopefully this is better than the align.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/T-Rex-250...item3f0a315286



I also got most of the other parts aswell today. I thought I might aswell get it. I bought the new 250 tail slider and the rest
I have this mount as well.
I got these blades that work fine
http://www.helipal.com/airy-3k-carbo...-trex-250.html
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:36 AM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I have this mount as well.
I got these blades that work fine
http://www.helipal.com/airy-3k-carbo...-trex-250.html
thank you
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
beenflying is offline
Find More Posts by beenflying
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
...I also got most of the other parts aswell today. I thought I might aswell get it. I bought the new 250 tail slider and the rest
pitchp, the new tail slider is very nice, but do you know that that this new tail slider requires a special tail gearbox side case. The bit that sticks out of the tail case side is much shorter and possibly in a different position, and currently the only one they have is for the TT tail gearbox.

I've been waiting for them to release the slider with the tail side case, for the 250 belt version.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:34 PM
wlee1017 is offline
Find More Posts by wlee1017
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
pitchp, the new tail slider is very nice, but do you know that that this new tail slider requires a special tail gearbox side case. The bit that sticks out of the tail case side is much shorter and possibly in a different position, and currently the only one they have is for the TT tail gearbox.

I've been waiting for them to release the slider with the tail side case, for the 250 belt version.
are they going to have new slider with tail case for 250 belt version? if so, it's great as I love that new tail slider from 250 dfc so much...
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:49 PM
beenflying is offline
Find More Posts by beenflying
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
are they going to have new slider with tail case for 250 belt version? if so, it's great as I love that new tail slider from 250 dfc so much...
Nothing definite yet. I'd be surprised it they didn't. It's been an issue with the 250 for some time and a lot of belt drive models are out there.

Also of interest is, will they release a TT upgrade for the 250, like they did for the 450 and 500. It's certainly doable with 5 key parts. Buying them individually at the moment makes it a very expensive upgrade.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:17 PM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
pitchp, the new tail slider is very nice, but do you know that that this new tail slider requires a special tail gearbox side case. The bit that sticks out of the tail case side is much shorter and possibly in a different position, and currently the only one they have is for the TT tail gearbox.

I've been waiting for them to release the slider with the tail side case, for the 250 belt version.
yeah I ordered all just in case. I'll check it out when i get it, if the measurements wont work out, then this will be my first 250 TT
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:56 AM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
Our friend esco upgrading his 250 to a DFC TT, and as I requested from him, he will try to fly smack with his EXI 250.

Exi 250 with DFC head torque tube conversion (5 min 36 sec)


I'll keep you guys posted

he seems to be upgrading everything!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:11 AM
BThirsk is offline
Find More Posts by BThirsk
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Just a word of warning on this product. The mount is fine, but the screws are not.
They are soft and when screwing in the short screw, I did not even get all the way in and the allen head began to strip. I made sure the allen wrench was good end and tight fit. This happen on 2 out of 4 screws and they where not tightened up yet. I cut a grove in the head to remove and took almost no effort to get out so the material is terrible.
I order Stainless screws from RCSrewz to replace. 1.5mm x 8 and 1.5mm x 5.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:16 AM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
Retired
pitchp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Just a word of warning on this product. The mount is fine, but the screws are not.
They are soft and when screwing in the short screw, I did not even get all the way in and the allen head began to strip. I made sure the allen wrench was good end and tight fit. This happen on 2 out of 4 screws and they where not tightened up yet. I cut a grove in the head to remove and took almost no effort to get out so the material is terrible.
I order Stainless screws from RCSrewz to replace. 1.5mm x 8 and 1.5mm x 5.
Thank you!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:13 AM
mhills51 is offline
Find More Posts by mhills51
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
Frames came in. I think I am going with the red carbon. On the sight they looked pink, but in real they look more burgundy. The orange look great in the pic but real look milky


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official HeliMax AXE CP Thread with pics post em here!!?.. darklyte24 Micro Helis 10606 Nov 19, 2015 02:32 PM
Build Log Nitroplanes Lander 70mm F9F Panther EDF Build Log and Review The Don Foamy EDFs 38 Jun 03, 2014 11:09 PM
GWS Spitfire Build thread (with glassing tutorial) David Winter GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 156 Sep 14, 2009 06:42 AM
Discussion Build log or review for BulleT? raycsr Electric Sailplanes 3 Jan 30, 2009 02:03 PM
looking for build thread with upclose photos HIGHFLYER99 Foamies (Kits) 13 May 21, 2005 09:54 PM