Oct 16, 2009, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terma-nator
You are both wrong.
The Align Trex 250 can be gotten for less than $100.00 on eBay (without all electronics), and you can use completely shi*tty electronics in this one (just like you are using in the clones).
Of course you don't need to replace the missing bearings, and butter soft feathering shaft and main shaft with the align versions, since that's what it comes with.
So it actually turns out to be cheaper than a clone!
And the shipping is usually free or just $5.00 since it's already in the U.S. of A.
I'd like to see a link. I did a search on Ebay and couldn't find anything but combos, rtfs

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2009, 02:09 PM
This one's only .01, but shipping is $49.00 from HK and it has almost 3 days left for bidding...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ALIGN-T-REX-...item56362bc6a7
Oct 16, 2009, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terma-nator
You are both wrong.
The Align Trex 250 can be gotten for less than $100.00 on eBay (without all electronics), and you can use completely shi*tty electronics in this one (just like you are using in the clones).
Of course you don't need to replace the missing bearings, and butter soft feathering shaft and main shaft with the align versions, since that's what it comes with.
So it actually turns out to be cheaper than a clone!
And the shipping is usually free or just $5.00 since it's already in the U.S. of A.
Can I ask why you are getting so upset about this ??

I have never seen a T250 that cheap on eBay - any chance of a link please ? Neither of my clones have had missing bearings, the Align T250 is renowned for breaking feathering shafts in most crashes - sending blades and grips flying and losing the small washers - actually if it bent that would be preferable, I haven't had an issue with the mainshaft on either of my clones or my T250.

Oh, and finally, I am not in the US of A so shipping is not free.

Do you mind me asking if you have a 250 ? Trex or clone ?

Thanks,
Mike.
Oct 16, 2009, 06:28 PM
Retired US Navy
Well I didn't get to fly today, I went out spooled up and the tail went nuts. Seems that the tail slider can go far enough in that the links to the tail grips are over center and lock up. When it did this the servo had enough force to break both mounting tabs right off the servo...

Getting it fixed and maybe will try it again tomorrow...
Oct 16, 2009, 06:41 PM
master of the universe
lets hope the servo didnt get damaged
Oct 16, 2009, 07:07 PM
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
Well I didn't get to fly today, I went out spooled up and the tail went nuts. Seems that the tail slider can go far enough in that the links to the tail grips are over center and lock up. When it did this the servo had enough force to break both mounting tabs right off the servo...

Getting it fixed and maybe will try it again tomorrow...
thing i noticed with the 250 - you have to be really carefull when setting up pitch limits - no issue for me because the 2100t has seperate end point adjustment
Oct 16, 2009, 07:30 PM
Retired US Navy
HK250GTs are on ebay for $100 plush shipping.... that didn't take long.
Oct 16, 2009, 07:31 PM
Retired US Navy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal_The_Hacker
thing i noticed with the 250 - you have to be really carefull when setting up pitch limits - no issue for me because the 2100t has seperate end point adjustment
No issue for me either if I had noticed it before... All fixed ready to try again.

Oct 17, 2009, 12:54 AM
More than likely that T-rex kit on ebay was cherry picked since the basic kit comes with the ESC+3500 brushless motor....I have it on the shelf at the store for $219 us......The T-rex 250 runs best with the scorpion HK-2206-3900, 3900KV...I have not tried this motor on the HK250GT yet because I am waiting for another shipment of scorpion motors to come in....If you are going to spend $20 for a tail servo I suggest this digital Blue Bird servo...Its is very precise and worth the money...
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...293&pid=NBB206
Oct 17, 2009, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skizziks
More than likely that T-rex kit on ebay was cherry picked since the basic kit comes with the ESC+3500 brushless motor....I have it on the shelf at the store for $219 us......The T-rex 250 runs best with the scorpion HK-2206-3900, 3900KV...I have not tried this motor on the HK250GT yet because I am waiting for another shipment of scorpion motors to come in....If you are going to spend $20 for a tail servo I suggest this digital Blue Bird servo...Its is very precise and worth the money...
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...293&pid=NBB206
Wow. You're reading minds. You've answered question I meant to ask but kept forgetting

I have scorpions in two 450 helis and will for sure buy it for 250 too!

Any suggestion for gyro too? (Budget - of course)
Oct 17, 2009, 07:03 AM
I'm building my HK250GT now, and how a few questions and observations.

Are JST connectors ok for this setup (2627-4200 + 25A Turnigy ESC)? Had to dremel trim the JST pins a little after soldering to get them to fit in the plastic housing. The JST are already on the batteries from HK.

I'm used to setting up my 450 heads with a swash leveling tool, but I don't (yet) have one for my 250. Wish HK had them. I could watch Finless again, since he doesn't use one. Or did you just leave the link arms stock, or adjust them after T250 specs? Or eyeball it?

The canopy is a little out of form I think. There's no way the servoarm and link can have room enough behind it, certainly not the top right. Guess I'll just cut it with the Dremel until the servos can move freely.

Going for a 12T pinion with the 2627-4200. Does that seem ok?

What should hold the skids in place? They turn way to easily in the landing gear frame. CA glue?
Last edited by holsen; Oct 17, 2009 at 10:13 AM.
Oct 17, 2009, 11:00 AM

Which motor for 250 heli?

Scorpion HK-2206 - 3900KV (150W), 32g
Scorpion HK-2208 V2 - 3590KV (220W), 39g
Turnigy 2627 - 3800KV (260W), 38g
Turnigy 2627 - 4200KV (330W), 39g

Has anyone had chance to fly any of these or even better to compare them?
Oct 17, 2009, 03:57 PM
Retired US Navy
Well it's a cold dreary day in Charlotte... Did not go out and fly but I did a few test hovers in the drive. First the Turnigy on 15t is way too much head speed, hovering is at 70-71 so tops will be 80-85 at the most. Looks like a 14t pinion is in order but I can't find one any where that is 2.3mm.

On the third pack the belt let go. After replacing it I did a pull test and it does not take much to pull the GT belt apart. So a new Align belt went in and while it was apart I put a T250 boom on it too. I had taken the Align tail lever off yesterday and put the original GT back on since it has less slop.

Align parts now on the GT;
Blades, boom, belt, main grip bearings, seesaw bearings.

And I haven't even done a flip with it yet... So where can I find a 2.3mm 14t pinion?
Oct 17, 2009, 03:59 PM
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by holsen
I'm building my HK250GT now, and how a few questions and observations.

Are JST connectors ok for this setup (2627-4200 + 25A Turnigy ESC)? Had to dremel trim the JST pins a little after soldering to get them to fit in the plastic housing. The JST are already on the batteries from HK.

I'm used to setting up my 450 heads with a swash leveling tool, but I don't (yet) have one for my 250. Wish HK had them. I could watch Finless again, since he doesn't use one. Or did you just leave the link arms stock, or adjust them after T250 specs? Or eyeball it?

The canopy is a little out of form I think. There's no way the servoarm and link can have room enough behind it, certainly not the top right. Guess I'll just cut it with the Dremel until the servos can move freely.

Going for a 12T pinion with the 2627-4200. Does that seem ok?

What should hold the skids in place? They turn way to easily in the landing gear frame. CA glue?
dont use JST connectors, they are rated 5A maxx, so are useless for this setup.

I use micro deans, they can handle 20A, and are lighter than JST
Oct 17, 2009, 04:07 PM
I'll have one of each thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek
Is there a hk250 shopping list for a cheap build? I think i'd like to buy one. If it possible to fly in the living room?
This is not a living room heli. At 4500 rpm, its a scary little sucker in a confined space and will possibly do damage to walls if you have a misshap.

Get a Blade MSR for living room flying. These things are a hoot. Nice and stable a go like a cut cat.

Quick Reply