Dec 22, 2012, 06:46 PM
Retired
that's a big tree you have there BF.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2012, 06:47 PM
Retired
efx, just letting you know that your flymentor blog is now up as a feature blog! Congrats!
Dec 22, 2012, 07:37 PM
Crashed the 250 again today on the second battery, I must have grabbed the wrong battery because the heli flew for a minute and then dropped. Minor damage, I just straightened the flybar changed battery and continue to fly. I also flew the the 450, like efx says "it's so smooth". To me the 250 is like a jet fighter and the 450 is a 747 jetliner, almost swan like, and it kinda says to me, please don't crash me, so I fly it conservatively.
Dec 22, 2012, 08:38 PM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
that's a big tree you have there BF.
Yes. Luckily all I have to do is put it up and fit the train. The wife does the rest. She really gets into Christmas. You should see the rest of the house...
Dec 22, 2012, 11:08 PM
efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Thanks pitchp. I'm not sure where that's changed but you know I only show this stuff to hopefully help others, but that's kind of cool. Thanks guys. If there's anything wrong please feel free to correct me so I can make sure others get the right info.

Quote:
efx, just letting you know that your flymentor blog is now up as a feature blog! Congrats!
Last edited by efx; Dec 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM.
Dec 23, 2012, 09:37 AM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
What do yall think is the most economical setup for this heli? I have flown little fixed pitch helis before but am wanting to advance a little..
Dec 23, 2012, 06:35 PM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7 View Post
What do yall think is the most economical setup for this heli? I have flown little fixed pitch helis before but am wanting to advance a little..
what do you mean by economical??
Dec 23, 2012, 09:15 PM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
My best suggestion is buy the new V922 CP to break your self in on. It can be had for 100.00 shipped and you can fly indoors or outside. While you're learning to fly with it and not go broke fixing things you break, you can be building a 250 and learning how everything goes together and works. The standard HK metal flybar is the cheapest, but you will need to upgrade some parts like the ball links and the balls to Align parts as they are not good.
Dec 23, 2012, 11:07 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
Quote:
what do you mean by economical??
Economical = im cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
My best suggestion is buy the new V922 CP to break your self in on. It can be had for 100.00 shipped and you can fly indoors or outside. While you're learning to fly with it and not go broke fixing things you break, you can be building a 250 and learning how everything goes together and works. The standard HK metal flybar is the cheapest, but you will need to upgrade some parts like the ball links and the balls to Align parts as they are not good.
hmm okay, that's also the same thing as the hk fbl100 right?
Dec 24, 2012, 08:36 AM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Economical = im cheap
hmm okay, that's also the same thing as the hk fbl100 right?
Pretty much the same.
Dec 24, 2012, 08:18 PM
Retired
seems like flymentors are the new popular thing for the 250.

250 R/c heli (1 min 16 sec)
Dec 24, 2012, 11:15 PM
efx
efx
It looks like the flymentor gyro also sucks on the 250 just like the other similar size piezo gyros. Well, I finally took off that gyro and put my assan gryro back on there. I'll be testing it without that gyro and let you know how it goes. I looked at the videos and if it works without it then I'll be fine with that. I tried the mix to use a separate switch but it just didn't work on the stock 9x as the choices are limited, but then again I'm not even sure how to get those to work. I also used the aux channel, but still didn't get anywhere with those. So I'll keep it simple and see what happens. Just waiting for the spare parts as the main shaft I took off the kit I had just happened to also be bent out of shape which sucks so that's also giving grief. I'll throw that away once I get the spares.

Quote:
seems like flymentors are the new popular thing for the 250.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8dxU02uc2U
Dec 25, 2012, 12:34 AM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
It looks like the flymentor gyro also sucks on the 250 just like the other similar size piezo gyros. Well, I finally took off that gyro and put my assan gryro back on there. I'll be testing it without that gyro and let you know how it goes. I looked at the videos and if it works without it then I'll be fine with that. I tried the mix to use a separate switch but it just didn't work on the stock 9x as the choices are limited, but then again I'm not even sure how to get those to work. I also used the aux channel, but still didn't get anywhere with those. So I'll keep it simple and see what happens. Just waiting for the spare parts as the main shaft I took off the kit I had just happened to also be bent out of shape which sucks so that's also giving grief. I'll throw that away once I get the spares.
sorry to hear about your experience with the flymentor. Efx I just want to save you from the assan gyro. Seriously I've tried that gyro and countless others have also tried it. When you start flying more seriously with the assan gyro, it will fail on you. Just ask the others here who have tried it. Efx I know you're on a tight budget, but seriously consider getting a spartan quark. You'll need to upgrade your current 250. But it's worth it. Don't even waste your time with the assan. Just ask the guys here, especially mugen1. Hopefully he can convince you to get a quark. The 250 is a learning journey, it can be expensive if you go on the wrong track. All the best buddy.
Dec 25, 2012, 02:03 AM
efx
efx
Yes, me too. I'll keep that in mind, but so far at least for my learning they have been working just fine. I'm actually really liking them now that I've been playing more and more with the settings as it's become a bit easier for me to set them up. As I get better I'll probably look into other gyros, but I just don't need that much right now. In any case I need to sell a few things off since I just don't need more than the 2 250 kits I have, and a few other things for now.

Anyway, here's another video I got today. The rain finally stopped so I went out for a bit and did a little flying with my 450.
Just getting some thumb practice... (4 min 12 sec)

Quote:
sorry to hear about your experience with the flymentor. Efx I just want to save you from the assan gyro. Seriously I've tried that gyro and countless others have also tried it. When you start flying more seriously with the assan gyro, it will fail on you. Just ask the others here who have tried it. Efx I know you're on a tight budget, but seriously consider getting a spartan quark. You'll need to upgrade your current 250. But it's worth it. Don't even waste your time with the assan. Just ask the guys here, especially mugen1. Hopefully he can convince you to get a quark. The 250 is a learning journey, it can be expensive if you go on the wrong track. All the best buddy.
Dec 26, 2012, 09:20 PM
efx
efx
Some good news on the flymentor. I think I got the balancing mode working. Just updated the thread. Anyway I'm on my way out the door, but thought some of you may want to check it out. No flight test yet, but seems to work fine on my hand. And yes I know better, but sometimes you just have to test!!! LOL

Quick Reply