Oct 02, 2009, 10:04 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
Discussion

Resurrection Jet Ranger body

Resurrection Jet Ranger body. I got a request if I had anything to fit a 500 size heli and i wasnt really sure if I did or didnt. I was given a few specs and I begin to dig thru my stash. I came up with an old Corona fuselage I make and from the specs given, should fit the 500 size heli. I do have plans on also fitting one of my 450 size helis inside of this fuselage which shouldnt be a problem at all. May even be able to get a front cockpit inside. (Good thing I didnt toss the moulds) For the 450, I am going to have to make a platform for the mechanics to sit on . The tailboom was made a little long so I am going to have to cut some off the end for my 450 heli which is not a problem. Heres some pics of the 450 size with the Corona 206 and a few pics of others Corona jet Rangers Hard to believe the Corona Jet ranger fuse is about 6-7 years old. time has flown by.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2009, 08:56 AM
If you have a 500 size Jet Ranger fuse, i'll take one.
Oct 03, 2009, 09:20 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidcanary
If you have a 500 size Jet Ranger fuse, i'll take one.
I really need some solid specs of a typical 500 size chassis. . frame height, width mainshaft to Tail shaft distance
I was given the specs of a blackhawk 500 (I think thats the one) wich is pretty much a stretched 450 and it looks like it will fit this fuselage but an actual T-rex or clone there of would probably let me know a little more whether or not this will fit. If it does, I will probably add more detailing to the fuselage .
Oct 07, 2009, 10:55 PM

Question

Darthdrk: How long is the fuselage of your Bell long ranger?
Oct 08, 2009, 09:40 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by prop bender
Darthdrk: How long is the fuselage of your Bell long ranger?
I dont have a Long Ranger

Some specs on this Jet Ranger
Tip of the nose to the end of the tailboom: 30 1/2 inches
center of mainshaft opening to end of tail boom: 21 1/2 inches
Height of fuselage ,Top of upper cowling to bottom belly 6"
Width 4 5/8 inches

Tailboom end can be trimmed to suit
Oct 08, 2009, 10:00 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
More info to add, Im doing this for someone who was looking for a body for his heli which is a BlackHawk 500. According to the specs given me he says its slightly bigger than the 450 but slightly smaller than the T-rex 500. With the specs given me of the heli this should be a good fit.
I dont know if this would be a good fit to a 500 size heli such as the T-rex 500 or Clone there of. Dont want this to be misleading for those who may think this might work on the T-rex 500 size and clone like helis but it does look like it will be a good match to the BlackHawk 500 according to the specs given to me.
Oct 09, 2009, 09:01 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
Stabilizer and vertical fin added
Oct 17, 2009, 12:15 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
Simple paint schemed applied before shipping off
Oct 17, 2009, 11:54 PM
AMA 73386
the yellow one is nice looking