Sep 28, 2009, 05:41 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Need a Airtronics Stylus Guru ...

Hey, I've got a buddy who has a Stork and a 2m Electric and he's wanting to use his Stylus with Glider card to control the plane. We've run into some programming issues regarding a full house ship, with flaps, and finding a way to control the throttle, too. So far, we've got the throttle on a switch that basically is 0 or 100 and the throttle's either full on, or off.

Anybody got any suggestions on how to maybe swap the switch so it controls flaps (full on, off) instead and so that the throttle stick can then output proportional throttle? Any other work-arounds/suggestions on how to fly an electric full house with a Stylus? Thanks guys.

Kurt
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2009, 06:05 PM
Move throttle to a slider,, that way you keep flap stick and you have a power adjustment on the slider. X stylus user

sj
Sep 28, 2009, 06:08 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Joe. I thought of that and ended up not wanting to loose trailing edge camber control on the left slider. Maybe the right slider, then.... Hmmm.. Thanks!

Any other work arounds?
Sep 28, 2009, 08:49 PM
Kurt,
Use an Alternate setup. I did this on an electrified SBXC a few years ago. I am local (Folsom), and should still have the setups on my memory card. Or I could program it for you. PM if you are interested.

JT
Sep 29, 2009, 11:22 AM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlsf5
Kurt,
Use an Alternate setup. I did this on an electrified SBXC a few years ago. I am local (Folsom), and should still have the setups on my memory card. Or I could program it for you. PM if you are interested.

JT

JT, this is the best idea... Alter mode really does work well for these types of things. In one mode, the throttle is controlled by the flap stick, in the other, the flaps are controlled by the flap stick...Easy peasy, but make darn sure that when you are connecting the batteries that you are in the correct mode, and the throttle stick is in the off position.

Mike
Sep 29, 2009, 12:42 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys -- much appreciated. JT PM'd me with some of the details on Alternate setup, and it's making sense to me now. I guess you blip the spring switch to switch modes, adjust throttle, then release it, back to flaps.... Elegant!

Peace
Sep 29, 2009, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtMc
Thanks guys -- much appreciated. JT PM'd me with some of the details on Alternate setup, and it's making sense to me now. I guess you blip the spring switch to switch modes, adjust throttle, then release it, back to flaps.... Elegant!

Peace
Kurt,
No reason you couldn't use the spring-loaded switch, but I used the default Alternate switch, Switch 10-11.

The problem I see with the spring loaded is that is on the same side as your throttle stick, and it might be difficult to hold the switch in motor-actuated and modulate the flap (motor) stick.

In any case, use the non-motor setup as master, which will prevent the motor from actuating when you turn the radio on. When Alternate is active, you have to be in the master setup or you get an alarm.

As Mike knows, Alternate is the key to multiple flight mode capability on the Stylus. We'll miss ya at Visalia Smitty; guess I smoke my own cigars.

JT

Quick Reply