This thread is privately moderated by DerekCross, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 26, 2009, 04:19 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Next project

Next project Will be HMS Renown WW2 Battlecruiser, plans are on the way and she will be the same scale as my laker which will make her just under 9' long and not sure on this yet but maybe 16" wide

scale is 1/87 which i think is also 00/HO as in the railroad scale

The wiring diagrams on this site will be extremly helpful as i try and get independant fuction of each motor
The plan is to have her ready for sea trials in late April 2010, when all the ice and snow has finally gone
Once again dead office lazer jet printers will provide motors and wiring etc
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2009, 11:40 PM
Thread OP

Renown size update

finally worked out the size of the next project..HMS Renown in 1939-45 spec
The scale will be the same as the laker wilfred sykes.

Lenght 110 inches o/a
width 14 inches o/a

I have been scanning the plans into my PC ready for enlargement, cant wait to get started!
Also decided to go for four screws as it should be.

Power will be 2 x 12 volt mower batteries with motors in two seperate engine rooms, with two independant engine wiring setups, can loose two motors and still get her to shore is the thinking on that.

I think also running lights and some internal lighting too along with bilge pumps, just for the heck of it!

Anyone any ideas on where to locate a HO scale Walrus seaplane?
Nov 08, 2009, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekCross
Anyone any ideas on where to locate a HO scale Walrus seaplane?
Nice project. For the Walrus ask in the micro/indoor planes forum, or why not make one yourself out of styrene? There was a big Walrus squadron in Plymouth where I'm from and there's still a pub called the Walrus, with a really evocative picture of one taking off on the sign.

Quick Reply