Graupner Ultra 930-7 on an EDF, Overvoltage? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 21, 2003, 11:03 PM

Graupner Ultra 930-7 on an EDF, Overvoltage?

This is my first time on this forum. I have looked for information on Electric Ducted Fans, but have found very little here.

I have built an A-10 (Warthog) model using two Elctro Jet Technologies 7 blade ducted fans (for Cobalt) powered by Graupner Ultra 930-7 (#6342) 10 volt nominal motors. I am using 18 Panasonic HHR300SCP cells (3000 mah NMH) currently, and am using a Jeti JE450 (45/60 AMP)ESC on each motor. The max applied voltage on the motor now is about 15 volts. Current thrust is now about 3.5 lb. as measured on a fish scale. This still seems marginal for the A-10 that weighs about 10 lb. now. I am still working on the exhaust configuration of the fan to improve the trust, but I would like to ask if any of the fourm members have expermented with this power system, and if so, could I add another 6 cell pack and run it on 24 cells. I am concerned that I could damage the motor or the fan. I have a temprature probe to monitor the motor temp, hut currently only have a volt meter. No Amp, Whatt , or RPM meter here now.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2004, 05:22 PM
Do you have pictures of that beast????
Did you check the wemotec website, they have figures with that type of motor.
Greetz