This thread is privately moderated by jackerbes, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 11, 2020, 12:05 AM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap
Put the rudder on low rates with high expo... 50% expo
I have the rudder on a 3 way switch.. 100/30 and 0 for rates, the 0 effectively switching the differential off
I started on a mid rate of 50% , this was very strong so its now at 30%
I am trying to find the optimal mix ..

on props..the black ones are what I use .. other flyers use the more standard direct 8x4 orange props, which are the strongest ..
im using the new flight test aura 5 lite so have leave tx settings alone
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2020, 08:06 PM
I would think you can still use rates on your TX if you want to reduce the inputs through the board.. or reduce the boards outputs..
not everybody will want to use maximum throws..
Mar 11, 2020, 08:09 PM
I built and maidened that 3-d bipe from this thread, great little bipe
Mar 11, 2020, 08:15 PM
yes ...agreed , a great model... the KFm2 version I made also flies well
Mar 12, 2020, 11:39 AM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap
I would think you can still use rates on your TX if you want to reduce the inputs through the board.. or reduce the boards outputs..
not everybody will want to use maximum throws..
Maybe... Not sure, I sure wish Someone that knows more about the unit would answer me on youtube.
Mar 12, 2020, 03:59 PM
For flying out loud!
you can limit your rates in the transmitter or in the aura 5 lite, it makes no difference, as long as you set it up with full rates
Mar 12, 2020, 04:00 PM
For flying out loud!
if you want more information, its identical in every way to the aura 8, just with a reduced feature set
Mar 13, 2020, 01:36 AM
just a short video of the KFm2 Trottle..
I am pleased with this one.. its a very neutral model.. rolls ok. loops ok. the rudder produces nearly flat turns..
flown too slowly it can wallow a bit..

trottle KFm2 12march (4 min 56 sec)
Mar 13, 2020, 08:20 PM
thas how mine flies its really fun I'm going to build a spare my first flies good, but I had some building issues
Mar 22, 2020, 03:33 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Silly me. I recently was flying my Longhorn #10 (configured with a KFm2 as a trainer plane) and was experiencing severe lack of radical behavior. I had flown another Longhorn just before this and it was performing as expected. #10 felt kinda weird; I didn't remember it being this limp during other flying sessions, of which I already had a couple dozen. Shrugged my shoulders and tossed it back up on the wall.

Later I put another battery into it and checked the surfaces. This time I noticed the rudder and elevator weren't going nearly as far as they should have. Duh! I had the radio in newbie mode. Flip the switches and life is as it should be.

Yeah, don't accuse me of being too smart.
Mar 22, 2020, 05:35 PM
broke the wing on my bipe before I could get to making a spare, decided to make it larger, so I could use a stronger foam board,and put b igger wheels on it for the grass
built another kfm wing canard so I could keep flying at home
Today, 11:46 AM
anyone else making a twin?
this might be of use..
Spektrum DX8e DX8 Twin Motor Differential with throttle cut (1 min 41 sec)

I have been working out the setup needed for differential and throttle cut on two motors..
differential was easy but getting the second motor to cut out was a headache..

It was sorted out by using one switch to turn off the throttle to flap mix ..
The throttle cut/two motors linked/ differential were all put on the one G switch
On the mixes the numbers with +- signs are important and the G switch setting

position 0 on the switch gives throttle cut and switches off the throttle to flap mix.. so gives zero throttle to both motors..
position 1... gives power to both motors but no differential
position 2 ... gives power and differential..

A basic 4 steps will setup the TX... pause the video for each main step.
1 Throttle Cut
2 Throttle to Flap (ch6) mix.... giving the two motors running on ch1 and ch6
3 Rudder to Throttle (CH1) motor1 mix
4 Rudder to flap(CH6) motor2 mix
The switch allocations are very important, double check these for each step..
Today, 12:13 PM
Hey Dave, what is the plane in the first picture of your post 10345? Looks like a sloper.

Ever build one like this (airfoil wing) as a pusher?
Today, 07:50 PM
I've been flying another kfm canard, I ran out of props and tried a slow fly one, that worked better, then tried a 6x3 slo fly what a difference the plane flies better than any other, loops rolls and inverted with no issues 2-s battery gives me 5- 8 minutes lands very smoothly

started the other bipe, this one is going to be a 30" wing which comes out to a 26 fuse, I'm using a stiffer foam board, and I'm hoping that just upping the battery to a 3-s should fly it well, I'm also moving the landing gear forward, with 2" wheels, need to land in the grass, having a lot of fun with the foam

Quick Reply