This thread is privately moderated by jackerbes, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 25, 2018, 01:55 PM
scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIFI1969
Gongratulation Thomas

Can we have the plans please ?

This Sikorsky would be well connected to my jupiter duck

Best regards.

Philippe
Yes, but it will take some time. I make the planes first, and when they are convincing, I make plans. This one is convincing, so I will make plans when I finished the Temco Pinto plans.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2018, 02:44 PM
flyin' fool
I'm convinced!!
Jul 25, 2018, 03:22 PM
Out Standing In The Field
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
Yes, but it will take some time. I make the planes first, and when they are convincing, I make plans. This one is convincing, so I will make plans when I finished the Temco Pinto plans.
Temco Pinto?
We'd not seen that one yet, or had I missed it?

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...r%29_c1957.jpg

That's very interesting!
Latest blog entry: Rare Bear
Jul 26, 2018, 05:26 AM
Too old to rock-n-roll...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
Maybe it is time to get started on building that four channel DR1 and get some ailerons into the game too?

Jack
I don't know, Jack. Every four-channel airplane I fly is short lived. I get a bit of confidence, try something a bit bold and end up with a lawn-dart imitation! I have a combat type airplane I designed and it flies great. I don't think I've flown that airplane until the battery ran down without an unscheduled landing. The pilot is the problem. My brain has trouble following the airplane's orientation once it has left the "bottom side down" direction. It's a great idea for a better pilot than me and has been done successfully before.
Jon
Last edited by TooJung2Die; Aug 03, 2018 at 05:19 AM.
Jul 26, 2018, 12:08 PM
Jack
I meant that more or less in jest, should have added a smiley too...

But it is easy enough to add ailerons and if anyone here wants to do that they can do it or get help with it here.

I've slowed down on building but have a long list of "gonna build it maybe plans" from guys like you and Thomas B...

Thanks again for inspiring us and for sharing your builds!

Jack
Jul 26, 2018, 07:41 PM
Too old to rock-n-roll...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
I meant that more or less in jest, should have added a smiley too...

But it is easy enough to add ailerons and if anyone here wants to do that they can do it or get help with it here.

I've slowed down on building but have a long list of "gonna build it maybe plans" from guys like you and Thomas B...

Thanks again for inspiring us and for sharing your builds!

Jack
No need to explain, I totally get it! I wrote my reply with a smile. Should've sprinkled a :-) here or there too. One of the things I like about foam airplanes is you can laugh while picking up the pieces of your mistakes.

Jon
Jul 27, 2018, 01:39 AM
"long stretch of water..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooJung2Die
One of the things I like about foam airplanes is you can laugh while picking up the pieces of your mistakes.

Jon
I haven't learnt to do that yet... 😢😭

Pat
Jul 27, 2018, 02:22 AM
flyin' fool
Or . build with EPP, laugh twice as loud.
Jul 29, 2018, 07:31 AM
scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexGalore
Temco Pinto?
We'd not seen that one yet, or had I missed it?

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...r%29_c1957.jpg

That's very interesting!
You can see it in post #9636.
Jul 29, 2018, 10:58 AM
Out Standing In The Field
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
You can see it in post #9636.
Sorry
I even commented how nice it was!
(Getting older is SO much fun)
I knew about 50mm, but didn't know they made 30mm EDF units ...
Latest blog entry: Rare Bear
Jul 29, 2018, 12:15 PM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexGalore
Sorry
I even commented how nice it was!
(Getting older is SO much fun)
I knew about 50mm, but didn't know they made 30mm EDF units ...
My memory is not as good as it used to be too, if you saw something recently or just thought maybe you may have, here is a quick way to find recent images and attachments in a thread:

1 - Scroll to the top of the page and click on the Thread Tools link on the top right...

2 - Right click on Show Attachments in this Thread to select that choice...

3 - Choose to open Open Link in a new Tab

That will give you a new batch of pages of images and attachments (there are 16 pages of them now for this thread) and that will include every thing ever attached to a post here.

I usually click on the "Last Page..." choice and then start working my way backwards through the pages and looking for whatever it is I think I missed or lost.

When you spot something of interest your can Right click and open the link to that image in a yet another tab, and from that display you can go to the post where the image was posted. And once you get to that you can click on the View Post link and you'll be in the thread where the attachment was posted.

And when you are really bored or in an unfamiliar thread, you can browse all the image starting at page #1 after the third step above and just cruise through all the images in any thread.

And it all really proves the truth of the old saying that ".. a picture is worth a thousand words...".

Jack
Last edited by jackerbes; Aug 03, 2018 at 06:12 AM.
Aug 03, 2018, 02:31 AM
Here is the progression of models I recommend.
From absolute beginner to expert, all are made from 7mm EPP as a first choice... with xps as the second choice..
They all can be built as KFm2 models, best for the larger builds or as flat foam light weights for indoor use..
All are easy builds... Easy fun flyers
When you have mastered that lot you can progress in whatever discipline you like

EZfly..... Nutball... PP1.....Quasar3d...
Last edited by davereap; Aug 03, 2018 at 02:50 AM.
Aug 06, 2018, 01:24 AM
How about a revert3.. its an ultra quick and easy build.. plank for the slope.. KFh profile
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?682098

here are some test glides from my light 30" version... AUW 3.2oz..
1s 720 lipo..2x tgy1440a servos.. 4ch orange mini RX ..

I think it needs some extra weight for better penetration... perhaps yes, perhaps no.. a slope test will sort that out.. Ive a velcro strip on the bottom where I can add ballast..
Revert3 30 some hand throws to trim and balance 8 2018 (2 min 38 sec)

Uses a 5mm lightweight foam for the lower layer.. ( Diall board from B&Q) ..chamfer the LE top first.. see pic..
Put a 4mm CF box spar glued along the COG.... UHU por

Adding the wings top layer, here I used 2mm foam but 3mm is fine... hot glue top layer along LE and step position..
Sand LE to a nice sharp shape, cover or tape it to resist damage ..

For the fuz I used 3 layers at the nose.. not the two layers shown on the original plan....the extra middle layer goes back to the CF spar..
When you fit the gear only cut holes two layers deep.. that gets everything flush..
Last edited by davereap; Aug 06, 2018 at 03:34 AM.
Aug 06, 2018, 11:05 PM
flyin' fool
It's hard to trim from a SAL since it stalls at the top and you have to feed input before you can determine the trims for straight and level. Rather then launch in an up attitude, you need to point and launch at the horizon. To do this on a flat bottom just add finger launch holes. I use a large steel washer and my solder iron.

Quick Reply