** Kline-Fogleman (KFm) Airfoils - Building/Flying Discussion ** - Page 646 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by jackerbes, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 09, 2018, 09:50 PM
looking up, down under
i'd reckon that really thin carbon rod on the bottom would work a treat

i used it on my dlg as reinforcement - on the first fin anyway; 2 fins later and i have changed my arrangements
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2018, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by headlessagain
Good news Dave. Not trying to re-invent the wheel but do you think that a simple loop of music wire the same height as the wheels would work and be lighter? It could be retained by two short lengths of control snake outer or trigger spray feed tubes glued into the centre spine. It could still be made removable if two loops were used set into small EPP doublers either side of the lower fuselage spine
I used the extra EPP with wheels also as a strengthener .. the lower spline was a bit bendy.. the EPP box spreads the load.. it weighs 1/2oz.. what would the wire weigh..

Ive used cable ties , working like skids, in a somewhat similar way
Last edited by davereap; Mar 12, 2018 at 03:59 AM.

Quick Reply