Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by jackerbes, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 09, 2018, 09:50 PM
looking up, down under
i'd reckon that really thin carbon rod on the bottom would work a treat

i used it on my dlg as reinforcement - on the first fin anyway; 2 fins later and i have changed my arrangements
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2018, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain
Good news Dave. Not trying to re-invent the wheel but do you think that a simple loop of music wire the same height as the wheels would work and be lighter? It could be retained by two short lengths of control snake outer or trigger spray feed tubes glued into the centre spine. It could still be made removable if two loops were used set into small EPP doublers either side of the lower fuselage spine
Andy
I used the extra EPP with wheels also as a strengthener .. the lower spline was a bit bendy.. the EPP box spreads the load.. it weighs 1/2oz.. what would the wire weigh..

Ive used cable ties , working like skids, in a somewhat similar way
Last edited by davereap; Mar 12, 2018 at 03:59 AM.
Mar 28, 2018, 02:35 AM
Richard
Gentleman

This my first in two ways - my first post to RC Groups and my first build of a KF wing.

The wing I built I got from YouTube entitled FPV 49 it’s got a double step top and bottom does that make it a kf6 and I had to reduce its size because I couldn’t source 1.2 m depron so mine is 1m wingspan despit a weight of 1.4 kg it flew brilliantly. I am now going to put an FPS camera and a GoPro in the nose

Richard
Mar 28, 2018, 03:20 AM
looking up, down under
welcome to the forums; it's a great resource
Mar 28, 2018, 03:46 AM
Reap the wild wind
Welcome Richard. See attached image taken from the first page of this thread. Yours does indeed sound like a KFm-6
Andy
Mar 28, 2018, 06:18 AM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Long
Gentleman

This my first in two ways - my first post to RC Groups and my first build of a KF wing.

The wing I built I got from YouTube entitled FPV 49 it’s got a double step top and bottom does that make it a kf6 and I had to reduce its size because I couldn’t source 1.2 m depron so mine is 1m wingspan despit a weight of 1.4 kg it flew brilliantly. I am now going to put an FPS camera and a GoPro in the nose

Richard
Congrats! And welcome to the KF world.

The FPV49 (by Trond and in Norway if I remember right) is one of the best ever in aerial photography. This is just one of the pages that shows up after a google for Trond or FPV49...

https://www.flitetest.com/articles/fpv49-build

Jack
Last edited by jackerbes; Mar 28, 2018 at 06:43 AM.
Mar 28, 2018, 06:20 AM
What you're describing is the fpv40 Richard. I too was after building an fpv49 but only had 1m Depron. I took my details from the original designer who inspired fpvtrond to build the fpv49. I forget who it was now though!

I still have the wing in my shed somewhere although it's seen better days 😀

FPV40: Through the trees and following Matt (2 min 39 sec)
Mar 28, 2018, 06:47 AM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp106
What you're describing is the fpv40 Richard. I too was after building an fpv49 but only had 1m Depron. I took my details from the original designer who inspired fpvtrond to build the fpv49. I forget who it was now though!

I still have the wing in my shed somewhere although it's seen better days 😀

..<snip>...

Maybe it was the 2006 build by our hero Tony65x55? We also called that the ZagNutz or KF ZagNutz and it was one of the first ever KF flying wings...

** Kline-Fogleman Airfoiled Flying Wing ** - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?558321

Jack
Mar 28, 2018, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
Maybe it was the 2006 build by our hero Tony65x55? We also called that the ZagNutz or KF ZagNutz and it was one of the first ever KF flying wings...

** Kline-Fogleman Airfoiled Flying Wing ** - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?558321

Jack
Found it! ProjectFlightDesign on YouTube.
FPV40 - Design and Maiden (3 min 33 sec)
Mar 30, 2018, 07:48 AM
scratchbuilder

Pseudo WW1 Combat Wings Manni vs. Hugo

Manni and Hugo are now free downloadable. Build is ultra simple. Manni is a Fokker stabilizer, Hugo a Nieuport. Who will make a Sopwith?

http://modell-aviator.de/downloads/m...ler-flugspass/

Direct plan link:
http://modell-aviator.de/download/27670/

Manni und Hugo - Downloadplanmodelle aus Modell AVIATOR 04/2018 (2 min 37 sec)
Mar 31, 2018, 12:50 AM
nice easy builds...
Mar 31, 2018, 05:26 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
COOL too !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Apr 04, 2018, 09:54 PM
flyin' fool
Thomas:

Posted you wings in the scratch forms.

By the way, I'm having a ton of fun with my Trottel, presently my most flown model. I do all kinds of silly things with it and starting to look like it, being made of MPF. Got an EPP version on the bench right now.

The Trottel is the best wing on a box ever.

Frank.
Apr 05, 2018, 02:42 PM
Jack
Here are the plans for the Trottel, in German but I don't think anyone here would have trouble working from these plans. They are sized for A4 paper so check a measurement and scale them up or down a little to get them right on Letter sized paper.

I like to make full sized templates for the parts and transfer the cutting lines to the foam from those...

A4 paper measures in at 210mm by 297mm (8.26" by 11.69") whereas US Letter paper measures at 8.5" by 11" (215.9mm by 279.4mm) don't be afraid to try turning all scaling off from the print menu and just fill in any missing lines by hand.

Jack
Apr 05, 2018, 05:57 PM
flyin' fool
The only change we made to the basic design was adding positive to the wing.

Quick Reply