This thread is privately moderated by jackerbes, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 22, 2017, 03:53 AM
If you are nose heavy you can add the filler section , and mount a motor tube onto the filler, block it in, and hang the motor behind that.. that will move the cog back..
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2017, 08:22 AM

It flies and it floats.

Here is another great build from Thomas. And a dazzling performance right side up and upside down.

Trottel am Rhein (2 min 14 sec)
Jun 30, 2017, 04:06 PM
Jack
Thread OP
That is really a nice flier! And in the hands of a skilled flyer too!

I wonder what that ship that passed in the background does? It might be a passenger ferry or a cargo vessle but it sure looked like a long one!

Jack
Jun 30, 2017, 04:15 PM
scratchbuilder
It is a river cruise liner going to the Netherlands.
Free download plan for the Trottel is available on Modell-Aviator.de
The floats are a 70% version of Hilmar Lange`s floats, also free download on Modell-Aviator.de

Jupiter Shrimp is now online as build log with free download plan:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...Jupiter-Shrimp

Jupiter Shrimp Testflüge (2 min 58 sec)
Jul 06, 2017, 05:35 AM
here is another concept..
I recently made my version of the crack wing.. its flying great.. pic1 and pdf... Its a single layer wing , light in weight for indoors
The COG on the wing is at the front edge of the slot, and needs to go back a bit more.

And I recently viewed the flitetest video of a multi motor tiny wing, using some parts from the emax set..
the emax sets are available from fitetest , banggood or gearbest... mine came from banggood..
https://www.banggood.com/EMAX-F3-Fem...l?rmmds=search

DIY 4 MOTOR RC WING | VLOG0088 (10 min 38 sec)

So my thought is to combine the two onto a simple KFm2 wing
The pdf and sketchup files are included here for any mods you might want to add..
you might want a larger version.. to take the additional weight of the extra motor and 3s lipo
I decided on a 32" version so in adobe the scale was set at 1.06% and the print is 6 pages..
I have decided to swap servo and motor positions , putting the motors on the outside of the fins..
I also found some 1306 motors on banggood 4 for £13.. which will be ok with some of my ESCs.
Last edited by davereap; Jul 07, 2017 at 11:29 PM.
Jul 06, 2017, 07:01 PM
Out Standing In The Field
Cool concept, Dave!
It ought to sound like a small, quiet swarm of bees at full chat.
Much better than just another PIS plane!
Jul 07, 2017, 12:03 PM
scratchbuilder
Looks good. Great Fpv platform too, I guess.
Did you fly your Panic bipe, Dave?
Jul 07, 2017, 10:46 PM
Yes the panic was ok but was too heavy for good indoor flying... I tend to build too heavy .. nothing special, so it ended up binned..
The basic30 V wing above is built lighter and flies good indoors, but has a too far forward COG, so rolls are not axial enough for me, it needs work..
Jul 12, 2017, 08:27 AM
Just came across this video made by Rumbuilder. Very interesting to watch. She flies pretty well.

Bass acwards canard b17 rc (6 min 0 sec)
Jul 12, 2017, 03:47 PM

Question: Elliptical wing utilizing a KFM airfoil

Probably a silly question and I have no doubt that it has been covered before (somewhere): Can a KFM wing ( I'm thinking of a KFM3 airfoil here) be utilized on a semi-elliptical wing such a P-47 T-Bolt or a Spitfire? Would the steps be contoured to match the plan-form of the wing? And, how about the tip-plates? Would leaving off the tip-plates be seriously detrimental to the efficiency of a KFM airfoil? Inquisitive minds can be a nuisance sometimes
Jul 12, 2017, 06:55 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
A safe way to implement an elliptical KFm3 wing would be to position the steps conventionally relative to the cord and to progressively thin the steps to zero at the tips.

A KFm wing and a conventional wing behave the same way in their utilization of tip-plates.
Jul 12, 2017, 07:31 PM
How many of us have seen a flying Fire Truck? It does loops as well as fly upside down with its KFm3 airfoil.

flying firestrick (4 min 45 sec)
Jul 12, 2017, 09:39 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
That was COOL!! The KFM3 is defiantly a great "heavy lift" foil!
Last edited by Dukejet; Jul 13, 2017 at 05:44 PM.
Jul 13, 2017, 05:27 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
WOW !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jul 15, 2017, 04:12 AM
Here comes some footage from our Micro Trond Project Willi Wing!

Basically a 600mm KFM-4 wing not being aware of its size ))

Micro Trond Willi - even more onboard footage #14 (5 min 11 sec)

Quick Reply