This thread is privately moderated by jackerbes, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 11, 2011, 07:51 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Keeping our fingers crossed for those Leeds researchers...we could all use a solid electrolyte lithium battery.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2011, 08:41 AM
Your unknown is almost a capricorn,but with an added fuz..see the next post for links..

On the W folder, here a size comparison pic for the big 150W version and the smaller blue wonder version
Last edited by davereap; Sep 11, 2011 at 08:52 AM.
Sep 11, 2011, 08:43 AM
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898958
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=892016

W wing Capricorn by Lee

Ive built and flown one of these and its a good'n... But I did much prefer goldguys Nutball, as I feel that the round wing shape gives better stability over the delta on the capricorn style..The UFO also had an easier pushrod setup and is both stable and manouverable as well
My latest is almost a cross between the two, but Ive used raked elevons and larger outer wing sections with different angles to give better stability, good response, and make the pushrod setup a lot simpler..
Last edited by davereap; Sep 11, 2011 at 09:06 AM.
Sep 11, 2011, 10:20 AM
Reap the wild wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy View Post
Now if we could only combine these new batteries with a super strong, lightweight moulded plane made from Graphene then that would be cool.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ne/9491789.stm
Might even survive my "landings"
Head
Sep 11, 2011, 01:11 PM
flyin' fool
That's the one, thanks Dave.
Sep 11, 2011, 01:15 PM
flyin' fool
Graphene would ruin the hobby for me, my motto is........'if your not breaking foam, your not having fun'.
Sep 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
Reap the wild wind
Just imagine the absolute carnage if one of the combat models was made of graphene especially if it was a tractor set up running a carbon prop Slice and dice
Dave
won that EPP sloper for £27. A bit of a bargain as it "comes with 3 x Hitec HS81MG servos, 600mAh Rx pack & ballast weights" Will be taking spare 2.4 RX with me as the seller has invited me to session. Just need air traffic control sign off (the wife!) Fat chance
Head
Sep 11, 2011, 09:55 PM

Dave Reap and rcta15...

Here is the profile for KFm10.

If you could help me in terms of the description that would be great.

This newest edition reminds me of all the great contributions so many RC pilots have made in developing this KFm Family of Airfoils. The nice part is that its our contribution to the art of flying.
It would not have been possible to compile this portrait of ten different stepped airfoils without so much support and contribution from everyone. I feel it is something that we can ALL be proud of because it is our development of an idea and ours alone thanks to the wonderful people in the RC Groups.
Sep 12, 2011, 05:08 AM
i will need some time dick, i work shifts and have only flown it twice so will need some time plz.
RCT
Sep 12, 2011, 05:16 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Graphene -- welcome to nanotechnology 101, kiddies. I was reading about this stuff 20 years ago and have been wondering ever since then when we were gonna start reaping some benefits from all the research done at IBM, PARC, Sandia Labs, yada yada. There were some temporarily exciting intermediate discoveries like co-cohesive ceramic composites (C^4), but they didn't pan out.

But somehow I still don't think we'll be able to get it at Home Depot for $32 per 2'x4' by 25 sheet bundle.
Sep 12, 2011, 07:41 AM
Sometimes it work some don't
Remember my Tiny Finey kFm3? Well I ceashed it but not badly, only the fuselage was almost in 2 at the trailing edge which brings me to a totally different built that I never tried before! A v-tail, ok nothing new for you guys but I was suprizingly amazed how good it was and how much authority that provides!!

I salvage my kFm3 wing from the Tiny Finey including like 2 inches of the fuselage that was just under it and of course the motor and Esc that was attached to it.

Some time ago I made parts for a V-tail glider that I never flew nor even assembled and so I decided to take that V-tail which was mounted on glued together 2pieces of Hollow CF rods of 3mm each and stick that to my wing right behind the ailerons servos of my wing, I then placed a small servos right before the V-tail and run the cables with extension all the way to the RX that I choose to place on top of the wing right by the leading edge, the all thing covered by a disposable plastic spoon for a bit of aerodynamic lol

Well it turned out to be a real good fliyer with about 380gr flying weight with a 1000mAh, 3 cell battery.
I was just really happy the way it flew, can be slow and fast as well. Here under is attached the picture of the build and will upload the video later on.
Sep 12, 2011, 01:11 PM
All done.. the AUW is 10.75oz.. area 3.87sqft.. thats only 2.78ozsqft..
The setup is using a BW equivalent (all silver) ..8x4gws prop .. 3cell Tipple 500 lipo.. Hitec REC.. 3x5gm servos.. 18A ESC..
There is more than enough thrust for vertical with that setup... so should go well..
Sep 12, 2011, 08:22 PM
Well here is the maiden video of that V-Tail kFm3 salvage wing from Tiny Finey.

Maiden of Scratchbuild V-Tail stick plane type (4 min 1 sec)
Sep 12, 2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickeroo View Post
Here is the profile for KFm10.

If you could help me in terms of the description that would be great.
I imagine it'd be very similar to a traditional symmetrical airfoil. Personally I'd just build one of those but I imagine this KFm10 design would be of good use for building a wing core from scratch.

And yes, cheers to all the aeromodellers who have contributed their time, experience and aircraft to the development of the KFm series!

Cheers - boingk
Sep 13, 2011, 12:35 AM
Here is another video of the : "StickaV-Tailonit"
Another flight with the stick plane (4 min 2 sec)

Quick Reply