Xaircraft X500-D $300 ARF brushless quad from China - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 03, 2009, 02:40 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
G-unit's Avatar
OK i figured out what the pots are.
Last edited by G-unit; Oct 03, 2009 at 02:49 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2009, 05:14 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
G,
Not sure why they would have the boot loader as that should already be on the processor in a protected area. Maybe they mean flight firmware?
Can you post the .txt how to for us to check?
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit
This is what is on the CD, what is the Bootloader?? I cant get that to do anything.
Thanks G
Last edited by jesolins; Oct 03, 2009 at 03:08 PM.
Oct 03, 2009, 10:28 AM
Suspended Account
someone said this is a clone MK is it true? why pots?
Oct 03, 2009, 11:02 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Ken,
I suspect that they are using the pots because of the "lite" firmware they are using that is not capable of making PID adjusts. It is not a clone of the MK board. It is very different and I can see no place to mount a barometer from the photos, or the camera servo connetors. It appears to use the same ATMEGA644 processor as the MK and does have ISP pads for the processor.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
someone said this is a clone MK is it true? why pots?
Oct 03, 2009, 03:01 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
G-unit's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
G,
Not sure why they would have the boot loader as that should already be on the processor in a protected area. Maybe they mean flight firmware?
Can you post the .txt how to for us to chenck?
Cheers,
Jim
Hi Jim,
I don't know if this is what u are asking for,but it just shows how to configure your radio.
Oct 03, 2009, 03:09 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Yep, Just Tx/Rx setup info...
Cheers,
Jim
Oct 03, 2009, 03:11 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
G-unit's Avatar
Hey i forgot to mention that i made some adjustments with the pots and made a big difference,but it sucks because the wind is blowing 20Mph and gusting to 40Mph ,but the test flights in the house seem allot better
Oct 03, 2009, 03:15 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
They certainly should make a difference. Be careful and do a hand flight test after each adjust to make sure it does not go spastic on you. Good to hear it is flying better
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit
Hey i forgot to mention that i made some adjustments with the pots and made a big difference,but it sucks because the wind is blowing 20Mph and gusting to 40Mph ,but the test flights in the house seem allot better
Last edited by jesolins; Oct 03, 2009 at 05:14 PM.
Oct 03, 2009, 03:22 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
G-unit's Avatar
Yes it is a very small adjustments for a big difference
Oct 03, 2009, 03:41 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit
Yes it is a very small adjustments for a big difference
videos!
Oct 03, 2009, 03:55 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
G-unit's Avatar
I don't have any yet, and it is defiantly not as stable as in there videos,but i believe i have a out of balance prop,
hey do you use any of the radios trims to adjust the flying??
Thanks G
Oct 03, 2009, 05:16 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Yes, you should trim so that applying power make it go straight up. Also put in -40 Expo for pitch and roll and 60% for the pitch and roll rates. Make sure you are using ACRO mode on your Tx.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit
I don't have any yet, and it is defiantly not as stable as in there videos,but i believe i have a out of balance prop,
hey do you use any of the radios trims to adjust the flying??
Thanks G
Oct 03, 2009, 09:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
Ken,
I suspect that they are using the pots because of the "lite" firmware they are using that is not capable of making PID adjusts. It is not a clone of the MK board. It is very different and I can see no place to mount a barometer from the photos, or the camera servo connetors. It appears to use the same ATMEGA644 processor as the MK and does have ISP pads for the processor.
Cheers,
Jim
Hi Jim, I can't located the developer's posted message on one of the Chinese Quad forum anymore. His posting apparently got deleted due to commercial contents. But I do recalled on one of his posting that he indicated the X500-D is support the native MK firmware.
Oct 03, 2009, 09:35 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi Ken,
That would be interesting. I suppose the NAVI board or a clone could come about too.. I wonder if www.quadroufo.com would be a shop that might carry just the boards...
So many quads..so little time...
Expect a UAVX release very soon. Very good release candidate flights today between rain showers
Cheers,
Jim
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1097355
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb6mcc
Hi Jim, I can't located the developer's posted message on one of the Chinese Quad forum anymore. His posting apparently got deleted due to commercial contents. But I do recalled on one of his posting that he indicated the X500-D is support the native MK firmware.
Oct 04, 2009, 03:20 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
Hi Ken,
Expect a UAVX release very soon. Very good release candidate flights today between rain showers
Cheers,
Jim
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1097355
Hi Jim,
Thanks you for keeping the UAVx clean with all the water.
I'm more interested on the X500 i2c ESC then the FC. I'm sure they using the HOL type ESC too.

All my fingers are ready for the next UAVx release..


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Xaircraft X600D Quad Zirt57 Multirotor Drone Talk 1241 Mar 30, 2012 06:08 PM
New Product Xaircraft X500-D $300 ARF brushless quad from China SebastianJ Multirotor Drone Talk 1097 May 31, 2010 11:06 AM
Discussion esc for Xaircraft X500-D oded Multirotor Drone Talk 2 Jan 15, 2010 04:28 PM
Discussion Feds Probe Cadmium in Kids' Jewelry From China dumbthumbs Chit Chat 1 Jan 11, 2010 01:49 PM
Discussion New Quad from Parrot to use with an iPhone darinf Coaxial Helicopters 9 Jan 07, 2010 03:12 PM