B-29 "Air Warrior" ESC question - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 25, 2009, 12:55 AM
Discussion

B-29 "Air Warrior" ESC question

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a B-29 "Air Warrior" bomber aircraft from an online shop. (Article about kit by wahrhaftig here - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=284067).

Anyway its a 4 motor electric foamie that runs on a 2CH differential thrust system.

What I want to know, is that can I run all 4 motors through one ESC or do I have to have an ESC for each?

I plan on converting the plane over to a fully functional 4CH model.

All the motors are wired as part of the wing - here is what the little connection looks like between the motors and the inbuilt esc/receiver.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Sean
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2009, 01:44 AM
Yes, you can run 4 brushed motors on one ESC, provided you set it up so that the motors do not draw more current than the ESC is rated for
Sep 25, 2009, 02:41 AM
That's great news!

I was worried 4 ESC's would way too much and this bad boy would never get off the ground.

Thanks for the answer.

Now for my next dilemma ...how do I connect an ESC to these 4 motors?

Do I rewire to the connection plug in the original esc/receiver?
Oct 11, 2009, 06:32 PM

Rewire the plug

Yes, rewire the plug to parallel the motors by combining the wires then connect them to the esc. I did mine years ago, am still flying it. Its all over the internet under epagel at RC Group, or TWINTEN on youtube.
Oct 14, 2009, 12:18 AM
Thanks Epagel, I'm looking through all your posts now. It flies very nicely after your 4 channel conversion!

I haven't taken the bird out for any flights yet as its been too windy as of late. Do you think I should try it 2 channel or jump right into the 3 channel conversion before taking the maiden flight?

- Sean
Oct 22, 2009, 02:38 PM

B-29 conversion

Ground handling requires good nosewheel streering. Elevator and aileron are indespensable. Its 4 channel or nothing for consistant safe flights. Im still flying mine after 3-4 years on the original motors!!

Now Im converting the Powerfly B-17 from EP yaya. It has a lot of promise at only 8 ounces. I may do a blog on it if it is outstanding.
Last edited by epagel; Oct 25, 2009 at 05:53 PM.
Oct 22, 2009, 06:28 PM
Here's a link that might be of interest...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=459920

Lots of general info including lipo and 3 channel conversion tips in this thread IIRC.

I have the Epyaya P-38, Mossy, and B-17 and they all fly quite well (for what they are) once you get used to them. However, I must say that all three are a bit fast for scale like flying (especially the B-17).

Don't be fooled by their small size...these planes need lots of room to fly in (i.e. a football sized flying field is a good place to start).

Good luck and good flying!
Nov 01, 2009, 01:37 PM

Flew the B-17

Got a few flights on it. Outstanding flyer, lots of power, low current - less than 5 amps in flight. Good takeoffs and landings are possible with a little concentration. Will try to get a video soon.