Sep 24, 2009, 04:51 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Nine Eagles Kestrel/Free Spirit FP question

Trying to figure out my problems...the heli hasn't been modded, and all of the sudden it's acting "squirrelly" and has zero forward flight.

Only thing I can figure out is my swash a tiny bit of slop...not separated totally, but a teeny bit of slop...could this be my problem?
Thanks in advance!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2009, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MConstable
Trying to figure out my problems...the heli hasn't been modded, and all of the sudden it's acting "squirrelly" and has zero forward flight.

Only thing I can figure out is my swash a tiny bit of slop...not separated totally, but a teeny bit of slop...could this be my problem?
Thanks in advance!
More than likely.. Any slop and the head will oscillate and become unstable. Not sure if your heli uses feather shaft dampers ( o rings and the like ) if they are missing or damaged that can cause it to become unstable.

just guess really as I don't have your heli - sorry.

Flash
Sep 25, 2009, 02:41 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the help!
Oct 04, 2009, 09:42 PM
Sorry to be coming in a bit late on this one. I found that by replacing the swash on my Nine Eagle Free Spirit FP with the metal swash from the CX2, the problems with slop disappeared. If you decide to do this, you will also have to pick up the CX2 linkage rods. The balls on the CX2 swash are smaller than the balls on the Nine Eagles swash. You also might want to check that the swash arms are not coming in contact with the fuselage body. I find that I have to double check mine before each flight because the fuselage does slide back and forth on the upper support rod.

Quick Reply