Sep 21, 2009, 10:37 PM
I got too many hobbies!
Thread OP
Help!

Wife ran over my plane with the car!

I'm trying to fix the covering on my kyosho focke wulf after my wife pushed my plane into the wall and busted the hor. stabilizer in half. The covering is a little unique and I have it ironed back down, but not sure how to close the gap on it. Ultracote didn't want to stick very well, and I thought about clear packing tape but not sure what to do. Might experiment putting something behind it, but I need suggestions. Gonna airbrush in some color on top of whatever I do.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2011, 07:47 PM
Villain Extraordinaire
Gonna have to get rid of that wife, I'm afraid.
Feb 03, 2011, 09:49 PM
KE your cub.
clear packing tape will work, but you'll be hard pressed to get it all to look right. The best method I've found is cut the affected area off the aircraft (a nice square works well), then rebuild the square back to a singular panel, and re attach to the aircraft.

That fixes the plane. Your marriage however, that's a different story!!
Feb 04, 2011, 08:35 PM
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton
two words:

"Justifiable Homicide".

(J/K )
Feb 05, 2011, 05:31 PM
With damage like that, I would remove the covering back to the first structurally sound ribs. Rebuild the structure and then apply new covering to overlap the old. Then most important.........Get another woman !!!!.
Mar 03, 2011, 01:11 AM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
WOW! I did come across this thread a while back, but was it a good decision or a bad one to not post?
Of course, at the time I had no answer to give...
Mar 03, 2011, 02:30 AM
You guys have got to check out this cinematic classic, "leave it to Shareen". It is based on a real incident which left a well known multiple Nats winning and US Team member (the star), wondering how a 4500 pound Lincoln got on top of his Classic Nobler. This is all reenacted in graphic detail with a TF ARF Nobler stand-in.
You'll love it!!!
Leave It To Shareen - Part 1 (9 min 31 sec)

Part 2 is nearby.
Chris...

Quick Reply