Jun 24, 2012, 12:01 PM
Sorry Pete! I missed your post!

We don't sell the harness separately. PM me you info and I will send you one.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2012, 01:24 PM
Does the XPS transmitter module work with v3.46 of the Royal Evo/Pro firmware?

The XPS web site also currently shows just the 10-channel receiver available for sale. When will the less expensive receivers be available?
Aug 27, 2012, 01:45 PM
Live for speed
I'm running 3.41 and it works fine except for some caveats if you are outputting PPM from a Nano.

There was a post that said new receivers will be released in Sept.
2012 I hope!
Jun 17, 2020, 10:29 PM

Good old Evo

Hi Folks

It has been 8 years since last time someone made a post here.

I have been running version 3.46 ever since on two Evo Txs ( one 9 and one 12 channel) with Jim's modules with absolutely no issues.
With all the turmoil with Radio Control equipment around the world I have decided to dust off all my MPX stuff and give it another season or two before I commit myself to some modern technology and learn a new. Open TX seems like direct development of Profi 4000 in concept. Transition will be easier
I just spot the USB cable in my stash and I would like to update Transmitters to last version which suppose to be 3.56, if I recall correctly.
Where I can find MPX application for Window 10. Last one was on my XP computer which is already gone

any help to point me to the right posts and information will be appreciated

Mike
Jun 18, 2020, 08:37 AM
Another day in paradise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyk
Hi Folks

It has been 8 years since last time someone made a post here.

I have been running version 3.46 ever since on two Evo Txs ( one 9 and one 12 channel) with Jim's modules with absolutely no issues.
With all the turmoil with Radio Control equipment around the world I have decided to dust off all my MPX stuff and give it another season or two before I commit myself to some modern technology and learn a new. Open TX seems like direct development of Profi 4000 in concept. Transition will be easier
I just spot the USB cable in my stash and I would like to update Transmitters to last version which suppose to be 3.56, if I recall correctly.
Where I can find MPX application for Window 10. Last one was on my XP computer which is already gone

any help to point me to the right posts and information will be appreciated

Mike

Mike,
If you can't find the MPX application for windows 10 you can try this as it works really well. My flying friends have programs that only work in XP but they have new machines with Windows 10. I set up this up their on their computers and now they run their old programs whenever they want to.

Depending on your version of Windows 10 it has the ability to run a program called virtual machine. This will allow you to run windows XP inside of Windows 10. Actually running Windows 10 and XP at the same time. It will also allow you to use any version of windows inside of Windows 10 including Windows 98. Here is one link of many to check it out. https://beebom.com/how-create-virtua...ne-windows-10/

If that doesn't work on your version you can download and run oracle virtual box. That does the same thing.
Good luck
Bill

Note: added pdf file of oracle Virtual Box.
Last edited by thebluemax; Jun 18, 2020 at 08:56 AM. Reason: added pdf file
Jun 18, 2020, 09:19 AM
Actually I need a link to that MPX site to download PC application
My old computers are all gone.
It was hard to find this application back then ( was on German site only)
I will keep looking and bring the findings here

Mike
Jun 18, 2020, 09:25 AM
Another day in paradise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyk
Actually I need a link to that MPX site to download PC application
My old computers are all gone.
It was hard to find this application back then ( was on German site only)
I will keep looking and bring the findings here

Mike
is there anything her to help you?
https://www.multiplex-rc.de/service/.../software.html
Latest blog entry: Aegis Aircraft F-117
Jun 18, 2020, 09:45 AM
YEEEESSS!

Let me to dive in.
There is even some updates for Profi. I got several TXs
I am poised to contact Ernie and Jim to wrap the things up.
Good old Multiplex is still alive and supportive

Thanks a lot
You made my day
How Google never got me to this new MPX page. It is obvious

Mike
Last edited by Smyk; Jun 18, 2020 at 09:55 AM.
Jun 18, 2020, 10:13 AM
Another day in paradise
your welcome. Glad to be able to help. take care and be safe
Jun 18, 2020, 10:22 PM
I thought it will go smooth from now on, but...

MPX Launcher is giving me an error ( picture )
Is not covered in the manual.
I did everything what was mentioned in the Launcher manual. Uninstalled and reinstalled the application, plugged several TXs and all the same
it sees RoyalEvo.... but shows the error

I got original MPX USB cable, but it might not work with Windows 10 by today's STDs
Any clue?
Jun 18, 2020, 11:06 PM
Another day in paradise
maybe it is a driver issue. plug in the cable and run the software and then go into the device manager to see if there is a problem with a driver or it shows an unknown driver.

did you run as administrator when you installed it?
Last edited by thebluemax; Jun 18, 2020 at 11:14 PM.
Jun 19, 2020, 07:29 AM
I did all that. Nothing noticeably wrong.

I guess I will stay with 3.46 for now

Mike
Last edited by Smyk; Jun 19, 2020 at 07:50 AM.
Jun 19, 2020, 08:03 AM
Another day in paradise
do a search for runtime error 6 overflow and see the possible fixes for it. Here was one from youtube but there are many more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Jun 19, 2020, 02:08 PM
After series of installing and uninstalling that MPX application i was not able to get to the core of the problem. Comments on the internet did not really help.
I have switched the installation to laptop with windows 10 and it is working. Slow but is working .
Seems like is difficult to get rid of entire MPX Launcher installation. It is all of the computer and registry files to be aware of it.
Latest update is 3.60 It is SX version 9 or 16 Channels. I am not sure how many channels are run on Jim's Modules. I have to hop on Royal 12 Tx to see. In the day or two I would know. I am working on 9 channel data right now. is good to see all the model data on the screen and clean it what is already forgotten.
Jun 20, 2020, 04:15 AM
The Royal EVO 12 can have 16 channels. That's a function of the MPX firmware. Our module supports whatever the transmitter puts out. It would support 32 channels if that is what was output.

Quick Reply