Sep 19, 2009, 09:58 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

How To Convert A Byron F-16 Jet To Electric

HI ALL well this is going to be my new winter build.going to make it all "ELECTRIC"

HOW TO CONVERT A BYRON F-16 JET TO ELECTRIC XPS EDF part 1 of ? (2 min 21 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2009, 10:06 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Neat. Just what the XPS system was designed for.
Will you be able to eliminate the cheater hole?

Pat MacKenzie
Sep 19, 2009, 10:50 AM
KingtechUSA
Here is a video of the one I did a while back. I would recomend glassing the wings. I had bad problems with the wings warping at high speeds and the plane suddenly snap rolling and it never really trimmed out right.Dont even try to get rid of the cheater hole unless you plane on doing a major rework of everything.They are nice planes and good luck. This was my first EDF so its a good trainer. I have it up in my attic lol my first sirplane I have retired and not crashed
Last edited by gunradd; Sep 19, 2009 at 11:07 AM.
Sep 19, 2009, 10:52 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
No need to embed, just cut and paste the URL:
F-16 Fighting Falcon (3 min 16 sec)
Sep 19, 2009, 11:18 AM
Great !!!Beautiful Good luck.

I have the little f-16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLwkZvkzwgg
Sep 19, 2009, 10:03 PM
Still Screamin'!
Very cool! This is exactly what we had in mind for the power system Be sure to strengthen the verticle fin and pay close attention to the taileron linkages. This plane will have more power than it was ever intended too and it WILL develop flutter issues if not addressed during the rebuild. Back in the day these would see about 90-100 mph on a really good day. Now it will see speeds above 135 every flight! Keep it light, make it strong and it will be a crowd pleaser
Sep 20, 2009, 04:48 AM
DominicM
Can't find details for the XPS system on the XPS site. Would appreciate a link. I'm in the market for a 120mm system. Good luck...
Sep 20, 2009, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchit
Can't find details for the XPS system on the XPS site. Would appreciate a link. I'm in the market for a 120mm system. Good luck...
Seems like you have to be in the right circles to get your hands on them. lots of people here on RCG have been waiting for many months...

Thanks

dave
Last edited by ticketec; Sep 20, 2009 at 04:55 PM.
Sep 20, 2009, 08:17 AM
DominicM
Could be why I hadn't heard about it before then. Maybe still in testing then. No problem. I'll look at other options.
Sep 20, 2009, 08:57 AM
Still Screamin'!
No we are not still in testing. We just had our "coming out" party at E-Jets 2 weeks ago. We had a great week of many flights. You can see many of the flights on you-tube. We flew 2 Byron F-15's that weighed 42lbs each, we flew a Cook F-4 that weighed 33lbs, and we flew the speed entry plane the Stafire at 199.7 mph! Just like it says on the XPS website home page, they will be available Oct 1st. These we be sold as a motor and fan completely assembled, prebalanced. It will be a truly ready to run set up that is now proven to run from 4000 watts all the way to 10,000 watts.
Sep 20, 2009, 03:37 PM
BladeRunner
Hi all,

You might want to consider the DynEMax, we been available for over a year and have tested the F-16 conversion with our DynEMax scorpion conversion with very good success. Find enclosed a video from Winamac Indiana early part of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchit
Sep 20, 2009, 04:23 PM
Guy's we are just like 10 days from the motors being available. After waiting for almost a year for us to get this to market I think you all can wait 10 more days??

Scott
Sep 20, 2009, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlescreamers
Guy's we are just like 10 days from the motors being available. After waiting for almost a year for us to get this to market I think you all can wait 10 more days??

Scott
you SURE??? cause im ready
Sep 20, 2009, 05:38 PM
Still Screamin'!
Yes we are sure
Sep 20, 2009, 06:47 PM
Thread OP
Hi, SCOTT can't wait to get my hand on your new setup. fan,motor,ESC and the 2-6cell batts. I really think this new setup you have will bring a lot of great older jets back into the year 2010!! And fly with the turbines.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP EVERYONE! I'll need it. BILLY D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlescreamers

Scott

Quick Reply