Nov 17, 2009, 12:22 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
The DLG event is on, and the Dan and Alvin show will CD. We need to pick a weekend, and select some tasks. For this event we'll let 5-6 flyers each pick one task.

Avoid the 3rd weekend, and PM some dates that work for you. We'll keep the entry low to pay for food and dawgs, so maybe $10.00

We would REALLY like some first-timers to fly. If you have a 40-inch, a Gambler, or anything in between bring it out. We will have a Sportsman's class for rookie flyers. If you've always been interested in trying a competition but don't want to fly, then consider timing.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2009, 12:25 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
Thread OP
Yay!

All up First Down.

All up, must do 2 rolls 3 loop before coming down.

Haha!
Nov 17, 2009, 01:23 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Should be fun? Are you guys planning on December or January?
Nov 17, 2009, 03:27 PM
Those are nice videos !! What camcorder did you guys use?

-Kai
Nov 17, 2009, 03:35 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
Thread OP
It's a Sanyo FH1 HD

Max Res ; 1080P 64FPS.

430.00 from Amazon
Nov 17, 2009, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the information Vu !!
Nov 17, 2009, 05:43 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhhhh!
Should be fun? Are you guys planning on December or January?
I second this question.

Actually my question is "how quickly will i need to get my DLG put together to be able to fly in this comp?"
Nov 17, 2009, 06:03 PM
It's looking like the 2nd weekend in Dec so far...

Hmmmm....a few requests for handicapping. The Arizona CB handicap series. Has a good ring to it.

Maybe -100 points for every competion SOMEONE won in this calendar year This will only make a few people angry
Nov 17, 2009, 06:14 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
or maybe -10 points for every 1000pt round scored in competition during the last year!

JK, I don't really care if there's handicapping or not.

I will say that I do like the idea of randomized heats for the first round only, then heats are determined by grouping pilots of similar skill. I think it might help with getting new pilots involved knowing they won't have to contiually fly against George, Charlie, Brad, Vu, and those of you that are generally good flyers, but aren't as consistent as the rest.

Additionally, the good pilots can then time for the newbies and offer guidance, bringing up the overall level of flyers in the group.
Last edited by carlsoti; Nov 20, 2009 at 02:10 AM.
Nov 18, 2009, 12:18 PM
I'm ahead of Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorCycle
It's looking like the 2nd weekend in Dec so far...
If we are not shut down by the City of Chandler. If you look over in the CB thread you will an issue regarding a glider going down in the neighborhood east of the park. As we all know the City monitors that thread and when Mickey saw the post from Stan (Red Runner) he immediately reiterated the Flight Boundary Rules.

So - All pilots, especially DLG folks, please stay with in the flight boundaries of the field. I am sure the City will be checking on us for the next 30 - 60 days which is what they have done in the past.

Dan
Nov 18, 2009, 12:21 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
Thread OP
Yup, I just saw that.

I'm cursing in Vietnamese right now.

I thought the longer you live, smarter you should be... Gezzzbuzzzzzz...
Nov 18, 2009, 12:28 PM
I replied to Mickey we are handling the situation. And I replied to Red Runner about having such a large plane so far out of bounds. I hope he lost radio contact, since being that far out even beyond visual hopefully was an accident.
Nov 19, 2009, 08:17 PM
DLG Fan

Flying Site

Road to Casa Grande.

Can anyone confirm that this is the location of the McCartney Rd flying site in Casa Grande?

Thx.

Jim
Nov 19, 2009, 08:23 PM
"I will say that I do like the idea of randomized heats for the first round only, then heats are determined by grouping pilots of similar skill. I think it might help with getting new pilots involved knowing they won't have to contiually fly against George, Charlie, Brad, Vu, and those of you that are generally good flyers, but aren't as consistent as the rest.

Additionally, the good pilots can then time for the newbies and offer guidance, brining up the overall level of flyers in the group. "

Maybe you wont count my vote, but I vote "YES"

Gary
Nov 19, 2009, 10:01 PM
usaf3kteam
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO
"I will say that I do like the idea of randomized heats for the first round only, then heats are determined by grouping pilots of similar skill. I think it might help with getting new pilots involved knowing they won't have to contiually fly against George, Charlie, Brad, Vu, and those of you that are generally good flyers, but aren't as consistent as the rest.

Additionally, the good pilots can then time for the newbies and offer guidance, brining up the overall level of flyers in the group. "

Maybe you wont count my vote, but I vote "YES"

Gary
I am good with this

Quick Reply