Thread Tools
Jan 03, 2013, 01:03 PM
\m/ Dude!
Westranm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm51
Not sure we have met yet Randy but hi. I also will be flying Saturday afternoon. about 2ish.

Norm
Norm, I believe we have met. If you are part of CASL, I am the one that timed you at the dirt field when you managed to land safely after losing part of your tail. I had two Radians at the time, if that sparks any memory.

Do you know where you are flying this weekend? I really need a grass field at this point until I get the plane dialed in. With today's wind, it doesn't look like I will have much opportunity.

-Randy
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2013, 09:25 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
helisfreak's Avatar
Where George lives.

Eloy (0 min 55 sec)
Jan 03, 2013, 10:22 PM
Registered User
Storm51's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westranm
Norm, I believe we have met. If you are part of CASL, I am the one that timed you at the dirt field when you managed to land safely after losing part of your tail. I had two Radians at the time, if that sparks any memory.

Do you know where you are flying this weekend? I really need a grass field at this point until I get the plane dialed in. With today's wind, it doesn't look like I will have much opportunity.

-Randy
yes i do remember. it is past my short term memory time frame so i am good to go. The only 2 fields I have flown on with grass are the bowl and the Elliot field. i have no issue with going to Elliot. If we can talk Charles into coming over it is nice to have the grass. I'm game for wherever on Saturday only, i head back to New Mexico on Sunday am.

Norm
Jan 04, 2013, 06:43 AM
Follow me to sink!
BavarianCharles's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm51
yes i do remember. it is past my short term memory time frame so i am good to go. The only 2 fields I have flown on with grass are the bowl and the Elliot field. i have no issue with going to Elliot. If we can talk Charles into coming over it is nice to have the grass. I'm game for wherever on Saturday only, i head back to New Mexico on Sunday am.

Norm
Eliott is good. An alternative is this field, if you don't mind the trees.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll...08256&t=h&z=18


Jan 04, 2013, 10:22 AM
\m/ Dude!
Westranm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by helisfreak
Awesome video! Really like the perspective with the mountains in the background.
Jan 04, 2013, 10:36 AM
\m/ Dude!
Westranm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianCharles
Eliott is good. An alternative is this field, if you don't mind the trees.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll...08256&t=h&z=18

I'm flexible, especially given you're adjusting your plans to accommodate my lack of catching skills. This field looks good.

I will practice more catching today. I was throwing to 100ft yesterday evening...very inefficiently I'm sure, at least that's what my body is telling me. I will need to take it easy today.
Jan 04, 2013, 04:09 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
carlsoti's Avatar
I like the Elliot field, as well. It only has one street adjacent, and if you land off-field in any of the other directions, it's not lost in someone's backyard, just out in the dirt, or the other retention basin.

I fixed the blaster yesterday and I have the weekend off, so I'll likely be flying tomorrow. I'd prefer the Elliot field, despite the drive, but I'll probably end up wherever you guys go.
Jan 04, 2013, 04:40 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
RotorCycle's Avatar
I should also be able to make this. Elliot is fine if that works for you guys.
Jan 04, 2013, 05:53 PM
Follow me to sink!
BavarianCharles's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorCycle
I should also be able to make this. Elliot is fine if that works for you guys.
Ouch - quit twisting my arm! I'll be at the Elliot field between 2-2:30 pm.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=mesa&...,+Arizona&z=18

Weststranm: It's the western field

Jan 04, 2013, 06:41 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
carlsoti's Avatar
Isn't the west field where you guys fly ALES at?
Jan 04, 2013, 06:56 PM
Thermals the path to elevation
RotorCycle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti
Isn't the west field where you guys fly ALES at?
That's it Tim. I've never even been to the east field, but from the maps it looks just as nice.
Jan 04, 2013, 07:05 PM
\m/ Dude!
Westranm's Avatar
I'll be there around 2. Looking foward to it!

-Randy
Jan 04, 2013, 07:19 PM
Registered User
Storm51's Avatar
See you all there
Jan 05, 2013, 11:56 PM
Registered User
clearvisionscott's Avatar
I went to dirt casl field today 2 pm.
If I would have only checked this thread first!
Jan 06, 2013, 08:08 AM
Follow me to sink!
BavarianCharles's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearvisionscott
I went to dirt casl field today 2 pm.
If I would have only checked this thread first!
D'oh! Hopefully we can have a repeat next weekend, maybe after the ALES contest.



Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flying at the Chandler Bowl AZ_Astro Club Talk 804 May 21, 2017 07:38 PM
Discussion DLG flying at the Chandler Bowl Throwdown Hand Launch 16 Jun 12, 2008 06:23 AM
Flying at the Chandler Bowl V3 Drivie Club Talk 542 Jun 12, 2004 03:18 PM
Chandler Bowl Channels Used AZ_Astro Club Talk 13 May 13, 2004 04:48 PM
Flying at the Chandler Bowl V2 Drivie Club Talk 848 Feb 12, 2004 12:26 PM