Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 01, 2012, 12:05 PM
Where is the lift?
cptsnoopy's Avatar
I hope to.

Charlie
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2012, 10:31 PM
\m/ Dude!
Westranm's Avatar
I finally made the decision I have sufficient sailplane skills for my first leap into DLG. I'm looking forward to getting started! It looks like I should have a donated TopSky repaired as a starter plane shortly.

I'm not exactly sure who is who on this site, so please identify yourself if your one of the folks helping me out. :-)

I plan to make the ALES contest this weekend, too. See you there.

-Randy
Dec 07, 2012, 07:43 AM
Charles Martin
BavarianCharles's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westranm
I'm not exactly sure who is who on this site, so please identify yourself if your one of the folks helping me out. :-)
-Randy
Randy,

I'm Charles (Martin), and glad to see you score the Topsky, which is a very good plane, period. As I'm learning the hard way, the plane itself matters very little unless it's a total kludge, or you're aiming for a top three placement.

BTW, one of our locals is offering a smoking deal on a Blaster 3, which almost everyone around here has flown (except me). If you have the funds, then seize the moment. From what I've heard, it's main shortcoming is higher form and profile drag compared to the latest and greatest, but it thermals beautifully.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1775795

Hope to see you at the ALES contest. I'll be there as a spectator and perhaps helper.

Dec 07, 2012, 07:53 AM
Charles Martin
BavarianCharles's Avatar

Xmas DLG'ing


Hey guys,

I'm planning to take the week off between Xmas and New Year, and would like to fly every day, even if it's just an hour. Chandler, Elliot Bowl, Surprise, don't really matter. Hopefully, Norm will be back in town, Dana and Jtm2t2 might resurface, we have a newcomer to the scene, and some of you may want to practice for the JEM. Post your intentions if you want to hang out together. Not sure when the best time of the day is, maybe around noonish?

Depending on what the guys in Tucson are doing, I'd like to visit them for some AULD at SAGE.

Dec 07, 2012, 03:36 PM
\m/ Dude!
Westranm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianCharles
Randy,

I'm Charles (Martin), and glad to see you score the Topsky, which is a very good plane, period. As I'm learning the hard way, the plane itself matters very little unless it's a total kludge, or you're aiming for a top three placement.

BTW, one of our locals is offering a smoking deal on a Blaster 3, which almost everyone around here has flown (except me). If you have the funds, then seize the moment. From what I've heard, it's main shortcoming is higher form and profile drag compared to the latest and greatest, but it thermals beautifully.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1775795

Hope to see you at the ALES contest. I'll be there as a spectator and perhaps helper.

Actually, I tried for that deal but it was already closed when I decided it was something I was interested in. Thanks, though.
Dec 07, 2012, 03:39 PM
\m/ Dude!
Westranm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianCharles
Hey guys,

I'm planning to take the week off between Xmas and New Year, and would like to fly every day, even if it's just an hour. Chandler, Elliot Bowl, Surprise, don't really matter. Hopefully, Norm will be back in town, Dana and Jtm2t2 might resurface, we have a newcomer to the scene, and some of you may want to practice for the JEM. Post your intentions if you want to hang out together. Not sure when the best time of the day is, maybe around noonish?

Depending on what the guys in Tucson are doing, I'd like to visit them for some AULD at SAGE.

I'm on vacation that week, too. Would like to join...my time should be flexible.

-Randy
Dec 07, 2012, 06:42 PM
Charles Martin
BavarianCharles's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westranm
Actually, I tried for that deal but it was already closed when I decided it was something I was interested in. Thanks, though.
Are you sure? If in doubt, send a PM.

Dec 07, 2012, 07:39 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
carlsoti's Avatar
Hi Randy. Tim here. I'm the one that's been flying the Blaster at the bowl the past few weekends.
Dec 07, 2012, 08:44 PM
Charles Martin
BavarianCharles's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti
Hi Randy. Tim here. I'm the one that's been flying the Blaster at the bowl the past few weekends.
Tim,,

are you coming out to the Elliot Bowl for the ALES contest? I plan to time if there's a need, and we can probably fly DLGs in a far corner of the field.

Dec 07, 2012, 08:54 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
carlsoti's Avatar
I've got stuff I've got to take care of around the house. I flew all last weekend, and will fly all next weekend, so that's how it goes.
Dec 08, 2012, 07:42 PM
Registered User
Charles,

Good to see you at the ALES contest today. I'd be up for getting together for some flying, I'd prefer a location around Suprise, as going down to south Pheonix area from Congress is pretty far for me.

Re Blaster 3 Spread Tow.

I have one, sort of lime green. Built last spring. Been to 2 contests, flies really nice. Had a mid air, but damage has been repaired, seems to fly just as well as ever.

$400, servos installed, top drive wing servos,, 2 ballast slugs, everything but the receiver.

I haven't put it in the classifieds yet, anyone interested, give me a PM.

Gary
Dec 08, 2012, 08:19 PM
Charles Martin
BavarianCharles's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO
Charles,

Good to see you at the ALES contest today. I'd be up for getting together for some flying, I'd prefer a location around Suprise, as going down to south Pheonix area from Congress is pretty far for me.

Re Blaster 3 Spread Tow.

I have one, sort of lime green. Built last spring. Been to 2 contests, flies really nice. Had a mid air, but damage has been repaired, seems to fly just as well as ever.

$400, servos installed, top drive wing servos,, 2 ballast slugs, everything but the receiver.

I haven't put it in the classifieds yet, anyone interested, give me a PM.

Gary
Gary,

it was good chatting with you today, and hope things went well with the Fr3arK or whatever it's called. John Armstrong is calling for an informal bungee contest at the Surprise field on Sat 12/15. You can join

2133casl@googlegroups.com

or send him a PM for details.

That Blaster's a very good deal, but I'm not ready to commit $400 to an airplane that's a bit too delicate for the abuse I dish out, and they tend to be too heavy for my skinny arms. A bagged wing is the ticket for me!

Dec 08, 2012, 09:51 PM
Registered User
I didn't think you'd want it Charles, I just sort of wanted to let people know one was available.

I thought that if I just slipped it in here, maybe I wouldn't get yelled at for being off thread.

Gary
Dec 16, 2012, 04:58 PM
Registered User
clearvisionscott's Avatar
Happy holidays

May the lift be with you.

And you one with the lift.
Dec 16, 2012, 05:17 PM
Charles Martin
BavarianCharles's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearvisionscott
Happy holidays

May the lift be with you.

And you one with the lift.
That's uplifting! Are you going to have time between Xmas and New Year for some AULD at the dirt field or Elliot Bowl? Anyone else?



Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flying at the Chandler Bowl AZ_Astro Club Talk 804 May 21, 2017 07:38 PM
Discussion DLG flying at the Chandler Bowl Throwdown Hand Launch 16 Jun 12, 2008 06:23 AM
Flying at the Chandler Bowl V3 Drivie Club Talk 542 Jun 12, 2004 03:18 PM
Chandler Bowl Channels Used AZ_Astro Club Talk 13 May 13, 2004 04:48 PM
Flying at the Chandler Bowl V2 Drivie Club Talk 848 Feb 12, 2004 12:26 PM