Thread Tools
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:01 PM
carlsoti is offline
Find More Posts by carlsoti
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
carlsoti's Avatar
For those of you not following the TS, George made the team again! WOO HOO!! Jun-bug took first, Mike Smith second, George third, and Mike Seid secured the alternate position.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:38 PM
RotorCycle is offline
Find More Posts by RotorCycle
Thermals the path to elevation
RotorCycle's Avatar
Most Excellent G-man!
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:00 PM
Alan C is offline
Find More Posts by Alan C
are we there yet?
Alan C's Avatar
Good job George!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:12 AM
clearvisionscott is offline
Find More Posts by clearvisionscott
Registered User
clearvisionscott's Avatar
Congratulations George!
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:56 AM
BavarianCharles is offline
Find More Posts by BavarianCharles
Follow me to sink!
BavarianCharles's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
For those of you not following the TS, George made the team again! WOO HOO!! Jun-bug took first, Mike Smith second, George third, and Mike Seid secured the alternate position.
That's quite a feat with a bum wrist. I think we were all watching Charlie move up the standings, but time ran out. Congrats!

I'm looking forward to fun(d) raisers like we flew in 2011/12. Combine a day of DLG'ing with Norm's BBQ (Hint ..) and we should see the crowds we used to have. Count me in for planning/scoring/eating/drinking.

RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:44 PM
RotorCycle is offline
Find More Posts by RotorCycle
Thermals the path to elevation
RotorCycle's Avatar
Norm - if you are willing to BBQ one of your fantastic creations, we could host a DLG get-together for George at my place. With cooler temps next month, it would be a catered patio tee-shirt affair with a low $1.00 cover charge to be donated to the US F3K effort.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:43 PM
Storm51 is offline
Find More Posts by Storm51
Registered User
Storm51's Avatar
i'm good with that Lee
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:35 PM
proppy jon is offline
Find More Posts by proppy jon
Original Bloody Spadder
proppy jon's Avatar

2012-2013 dlg


this is a repeat post
to one and all .
i would start getting ready for the a heck of a season .. as all of you know the team has been chosen and george has made the cut once again . there will be alot of contest to get him in shape after his hand gets fixed until then i guess we found the contest scorer we've been looking for .
if anyone has ideas for fund raising lets get together and get them started .
im thinking of doing fund raiser contest in the near future either at suprise field or the elliot bowl sites what do you guys think . im looking forward to getting together with all to do some flying once it cools off !!!!!!!! john
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:48 AM
BavarianCharles is offline
Find More Posts by BavarianCharles
Follow me to sink!
BavarianCharles's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by proppy jon View Post
this is a repeat post
to one and all .
i would start getting ready for the a heck of a season .. as all of you know the team has been chosen and george has made the cut once again . there will be alot of contest to get him in shape after his hand gets fixed until then i guess we found the contest scorer we've been looking for .
if anyone has ideas for fund raising lets get together and get them started .
im thinking of doing fund raiser contest in the near future either at suprise field or the elliot bowl sites what do you guys think . im looking forward to getting together with all to do some flying once it cools off !!!!!!!! john
Let's kick it off at Lee's place. Will notify some of the folks who have expressed interest in DLG'ing and may not be following this thread. I'm assuming that AMA membership is not required ...

Cheers, Charles

RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:52 AM
SoarWest is offline
Find More Posts by SoarWest
Trex 700, Gaui X5, 450DFC
SoarWest's Avatar
Make sure you post the locations, dates and times for those of us who would like to watch, maybe join on occasion etc. I know where Chandler bowl is but the other places you metioned?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:56 AM
BavarianCharles is offline
Find More Posts by BavarianCharles
Follow me to sink!
BavarianCharles's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarWest View Post
Make sure you post the locations, dates and times for those of us who would like to watch, maybe join on occasion etc. I know where Chandler bowl is but the other places you metioned?
Go to Post #1

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1476220&page=2

We're a loosely affiliated group of DLG pilots, dispersed across the Valley. As such, we have no designated flying field or meeting place. The Chandler Bowl has become a fairly hostile environment for DLG'ing. Used to be that we inofficially claimed the southern half, while the power-guys used the section close to the Ramada. Nowadays, I consider it too dangerous to stand on the field - too many yahoos with more ambition than piloting skills, on strafing runs and crashing everywhere.

I'll send you a PM, and we should meet for lunch one day. I'm the guy who lives behind the western wall ...

RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:02 PM
BavarianCharles is offline
Find More Posts by BavarianCharles
Follow me to sink!
BavarianCharles's Avatar

Saturday DLG at the Dirt Field


We plan to fly DLG on the (former CASL) dirt field next to the water tanks in Chandler Saturday morning, starting at around 7:30 am. Confirmed attendees are Dale and Darren, and hopefully Dana and Norm will join us.

Darren has DLG'd before, but Dale (Soarwest) is new to this discipline. It would be nice if one of you more experienced pilots showed up to demonstrate what it's all about. My planes and flying skills are not the best advertisement for F3k.

Cheers, Charles

RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:07 PM
cptsnoopy is offline
Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Where is the lift?
cptsnoopy's Avatar
My foot will not be too happy about it but I will try to come out anyway.
Charlie
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:09 PM
BavarianCharles is offline
Find More Posts by BavarianCharles
Follow me to sink!
BavarianCharles's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsnoopy View Post
My foot will not be too happy about it but I will try to come out anyway.
Charlie
What's with your foot?

RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:32 AM
cptsnoopy is offline
Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Where is the lift?
cptsnoopy's Avatar
My left foot starting giving me acute pain during the TS contest and I am not sure why. It was X-Ray'd and I see things I personally don't like but the doc says it all looks good in the X-Ray.

It feels like a really bad sprain but I don't remember any sudden onset of pain or any missteps so I am not sure.

Charlie


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flying at the Chandler Bowl AZ_Astro Club Talk 799 Aug 01, 2009 07:23 PM
Discussion DLG flying at the Chandler Bowl Throwdown Hand Launch 16 Jun 12, 2008 07:23 AM
Flying at the Chandler Bowl V3 Drivie Club Talk 542 Jun 12, 2004 04:18 PM
Chandler Bowl Channels Used AZ_Astro Club Talk 13 May 13, 2004 05:48 PM
Flying at the Chandler Bowl V2 Drivie Club Talk 848 Feb 12, 2004 01:26 PM