Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 15, 2011, 09:40 PM
Where is the lift?
George said to post that anyone not going to Schnepf this weekend to fly with us is a major wussie!!!

Charlie
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2011, 09:48 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
Is there a event there or something? Or you guys are paying to get in to fly? Or is it a regular flying field now?
Jun 15, 2011, 09:49 PM
are we there yet?
Guess I'm a major wussie then

I will try an make it out.
Jun 15, 2011, 10:12 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
I AM a major wussie. And I have to work Inventory.
Jun 15, 2011, 10:27 PM
Follow me to sink!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptsnoopy View Post
George said to post that anyone not going to Schnepf this weekend to fly with us is a major wussie!!!

Charlie
Here's another wussie that only flies DLGs! Have fun in the grass.

Jun 15, 2011, 10:31 PM
Where is the lift?
We were going to have a F3J/TD contest this weekend at Schnepf Farms this weekend but it did not get properly coordinated. So, instead it's a funfly for both DLG, Larger R/C gliders and whatever. I suspect that electric powered models are fine too. Sorry you have to work Tim!

Vu, $10 for day use or $25 if you bring a camper and stay over night in which case that covers the day use fee also. I think John A. is camping Sat. night so we will likely be out there Sat/Sun.

We will look for you Alan, Man that is a long ways to drive! You da Man!

Charlie
Jun 16, 2011, 10:20 AM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
I have Father's day obligations with my wife this weekend....plus have to fix my Stobel V2
Yikes!!
Jun 16, 2011, 01:35 PM
are we there yet?
if anyone is in need Hobby King has Rhino 2s 360mah lipo's in stock. I just ordered more.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...idProduct=7301
Jun 16, 2011, 05:08 PM
usaf3kteam
Alan will be at farm this weekend or you can come pick it up. or 480-330-4187
Jun 16, 2011, 05:35 PM
Follow me to sink!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan C View Post
if anyone is in need Hobby King has Rhino 2s 360mah lipo's in stock. I just ordered more.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...idProduct=7301
They also have the 360 mAh Zippys in stock, which are cheaper and just as good.

Jun 17, 2011, 04:54 PM
Follow me to sink!

Launch Camber

Name: Launch Camber.JPG
Views: 79
Size: 70.4 KB
Description:

Jun 17, 2011, 10:37 PM
Follow me to sink!
Evo Users:

Charlie and I were chatting about finding a way to provide finer control of flaperons during their initial travel, while still being able to crank them to 45° or whatever to dump speed. Here's my current setup:

The Spoiler control, which is assigned to the left stick widget, is defined as “Single-Sided with Curve”.

Name: P1010839.JPG
Views: 83
Size: 99.1 KB
Description:

In the mixer, the first half of left stick travel provides 10% flap deflection, while the second half moves them to 80%. This provides great sensitivity for camber adjustment. After a while, you get a feel for the point of 50% stick travel, after which the flaps go down rapidly.

Name: P1010840.JPG
Views: 84
Size: 102.0 KB
Description:

The 100% “Flap” value is only used for camber pre-sets via flight phases, and is just another input into this mixer. I wish MPX would have just called them “Control 1, Control 2, etc.”

The linkages are installed with the servos offset app. 20° for less upward and more downward flaperon travel.

Name: P1010841.JPG
Views: 84
Size: 92.4 KB
Description:

Anyone have a better setup?

Jun 17, 2011, 10:47 PM
usaf3kteam
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianCharles View Post
Evo Users:

Charlie and I were chatting about finding a way to provide finer control of flaperons during their initial travel, while still being able to crank them to 45° or whatever to dump speed. Here's my current setup:

The Spoiler control, which is assigned to the left stick widget, is defined as “Single-Sided with Curve”.

Attachment 4087332

In the mixer, the first half of left stick travel provides 10% flap deflection, while the second half moves them to 80%. This provides great sensitivity for camber adjustment. After a while, you get a feel for the point of 50% stick travel, after which the flaps go down rapidly.

Attachment 4087333

The 100% “Flap” value is only used for camber pre-sets via flight phases, and is just another input into this mixer. I wish MPX would have just called them “Control 1, Control 2, etc.”

The linkages are installed with the servos offset app. 20° for less upward and more downward flaperon travel.

Attachment 4087334

Anyone have a better setup?

Nice
Jun 17, 2011, 10:55 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
The last time I was at the field, I was looking at doing the same thing, as I had my 7202 set up like that. I got close to what I was looking for, but not quite. Unfortunately, i can't remember what I did to do it. I think I ended up doing a 5pt curve for the ailerons in the "servo menu."

I know that it probably effected something else in the set-up as well, but I didn't fly long enough to figure it out. Nor was I patient enough to look at ALL the variables involved.

I still can't "fly the flaps." Oh, well.
Jun 17, 2011, 11:11 PM
Follow me to sink!

MPX Flaperons

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
I think I ended up doing a 5pt curve for the ailerons in the "servo menu."
Yeah, too bad we can't "5-point" the flaperon deflection. There's probably a way to do it, using Mix 1-3, and I'll have to re-read Jody's tutorial for the millionth time. He seems to have figured out the psyche of the MPX programmers, who were a bit strange even by German software standards.