Sep 17, 2009, 03:36 PM
AAces High
Thread OP
Discussion

Interactive Toy Concepts (ITC) Thread: Talk, Mods. Builds And Etc.

I'm starting this thread to hopefully centralize information for ITC planes. Currently ITC knowledge is scattered all over RCGroups making it difficult to glean information. I am by no means an expert on this topic and I'm hoping that others will be kind enough to share their knowledge and experience here. Talk, Mods and Builds from ITC gear. Please keep talk on topic.
There are new models coming out and information on those could be brought here as well.

Hope this appeals to others,

Dave

Other threads for information:

Transmitter & Receiver Modes

Microfighter

Ironman Review

New ITC Planes

Su-47 Berkut

Modding the Kids Galaxy P-40 with ITC Guts

ITC Guts in the Kids Galaxy P-40 in Action

F-22 UN-mod

Razor Info

ITC Web Site

ITC Contact:
Interactive Toy Concepts (CAN) Ltd.
1192 Martin Grove Road;
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M9W 5M9
416-444-6873
866-214-2220
Last edited by aeronaught; Mar 02, 2010 at 03:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2009, 03:42 PM
AAces High
Thread OP

The Stork Has Arrived!

I just got my ITC Hulk in the mail today. I can't wait to fly it but it doesn't look too good out the window. I can't wait to see what this thing will do. I'm going to order the Ironman and go to Toys R Us tomorrow and pick up the F-22 Labeled as FastLane Microfighter. I hoping that they will bring a new experience after flying Air Hogs planes for so long. I'm NOT bashing Air Hogs by any means but I need something different.

Dave
Sep 17, 2009, 03:58 PM
Good call dave on starting an ITC thread, introduce the world to the best kept secret in micro rtf - straight to the US from Canada via xlcrlee's warehouse in China! Sucks that we support thieves but hey what are you gonna do??

Hope you're pleasantly surprised with Hulk, he rocks take offs! On the off chance that your not happy with him... you know what to do...
Sep 17, 2009, 04:13 PM
Might find the Hulk F-15 could use a touch of nose weight, I used silver tape, easier to see against greenery.

Night flying led harnesses can be made for ITC micros that plug into the charge port, btw. I almost never used mine, but I might start to more often.. 100 ohm resistor, old charge plug, led(s). Seemed to cut flight times......

A general ITC microplane site like this is long overdue, good job.....
Sep 17, 2009, 04:45 PM

My experience with ITC

I was introduced to ITC by elvill and all his raving about ITC planes. Thank you Elvill, because I do love them.

First I bought the Fast Lane micro fighter at TRU in a 49 mhz..it flew very well but I was expecting better range, So I attached 5 or so inches of magnetic wire to the antenna wire and let it hang free and POW! S.U.G.R...Super Ultra Good Range ha!
I also removed the LG and the plane is still balanced perfectly...full throttle causes the plane to climb and not porpoise.
The Micro fighter is fragile but as long as you launch into the wind, the plane flies so well, it never sees the ground.
http://www.interactivetoy.com/air-ra...o-fighter.html

Next up was the IRON MAN purchased directly from ITC. http://www.interactivetoy.com/parts/
http://www.interactivetoy.com/licens...n-man-fly.html
I purchased the plane only (no TX) in 49Mhz as i already have a couple TXs from the Micro fighter...they do work with the IM. Arrived in about 6 days, USPS. The Iron Man plane is more durable. I noticed that the antenna wire was hanging free about 4 inches out the back of the plane so I was interested/pleased to find that the range was great stock...no need to extend this one! Stock with LG the plane is balanced well. After removing the LG I have considerable difficulty fighting the porpoise effect...So for now the LG is back on. With it on the plane flies and performs very well...albeit differently than the MF.

So yes I agree that ITC is a couple of notches above the mean of competition in the 2 channel market:

Advantages-Great range in 49mhz, powerful motors (see below), nice option to be able to purchase either the plane or the TX by themselves,overall a quality product! Look forward to the new products...

Disadvantages- Still only two available channels to fly on 27 and 49 Mhz. Unlike the air hogs which have A,B,C channels... Its nice to be able to have multiple people fly at the same time.

Results of my personal thrust test show another reason why ITC is a top performer.

Air Hog Bi-plane. thrust=10.30 grams.
Air Hog sport. thrust=10.50 grams.
Air Hog Jet. thrust= 14.50 grams.
Air hog X-twinn. thrust= 15.50 grams.
Air hog F-18. Thrust- 16.70 grams
Air hog Rolling Furry. Thrust=22 grams.

ITC F22/Microfighter and Iron man. Thrust=16.50 grams!
Last edited by AKBlue; Sep 17, 2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: links added for ease of use.
Sep 17, 2009, 05:05 PM
good stuff AK

surprises me about IM porpoising without landing gear, try giving him a little down elevator in the tail or main wing could be a very easy fix. Hulk on the other hand, (airfoil'd is on the button) he porpoises alot in my experience...

friend, thanks for the thrust measurements - keep in mind, for the most part - ITC planes are considerably smaller then AH (kg even smaller then both AA and ITC) so, not only do they have better thrust but also better (crazy) performance

You are right, buying just the plane (no tx) from ITC has saved me twice the cost for almost every ITC I own... that is a big consideration... especially compared to AH prices for both plane and tx.
Sep 17, 2009, 05:42 PM
Smaller still than the KG P-40 is the Sparc A7 Corsair. ITC will also fly this. Unlike my Original KG mod, its not a fantastically simple drop in, there's carving.

But this plane will carve right back for you. Faster than the F-22. There is no slow.
Must bli for "widish" turns, full blip will give full 90 degree bank. Energy conservation is a constant consideration(cause you got too much!), especially since a bit more than a blip rolls you into a fast split S. Hold it any longer, it rolls completely with pretty fair flightline recovery.

I haven't flown this one much, and before I was kinda preoccupied with the fact that with it its possible to impose sustained inverted flight. It seemed intimidatingly chaotic. Just got back in from flying it, this time I left the inversion aspect alone, and focused on how it functions generally. Got some long flight times in. Crazy TopGun fun!

Point is, the stock F-22, F-15, and F-18 are all great, and there's lots of things you can do with the gear. I took a chance and found out that the KGP-40 works even better (?depends on the type of flight desired, I guess?) than the stock planes, and the KGBipe can be made to fly as well. Elvill confirmed the KG corsair flys on it as well(at least ten or so of them do anyways, how many now, el?) and that its possibly the best aerobatic performer of the KG bunch!
Always keep an eye on freeflights, and I've recently seen a wicked scratchbuilt in one members first post, too!
Last edited by airfoil'd; Sep 19, 2009 at 10:09 AM.
Sep 17, 2009, 05:47 PM
AAces High
Thread OP
Thanks so much for the responses!!!! Lets keep this baby going. Mods, Pix, Vids. The whole enchilada! I'd like to see this thread become the one stop shop for all things ITC.

My first experience with ITC was with the TRU MicroFighter. That thing had real b l's!! But my maiden was in a baseball field and I felt closed in and kept wrecking the plane. I brought the plane back because it would head for the dirt when turning right. I wish I had exchanged it and put more practice into it. Being that I was used to flying a different brand/kind of plane might have been my problem. I need to learn something new. And I'm looking forward to it. There is so much proof out there that these are superior fliers. The thing with these ITC planes are their power to weight ratio. A relatively small airframe and a spankin' power system! Look at the videos out there and you'll see unbelievable stuff. Stunts that I've never seen a 2 channel do.

I'm picking up 2 new F-22's at TRU tomorrow and ordering an Ironman as well. I'm going to unmod one of the F-22's. I can't wait to see whats in store!

It doesn't look like I'll get to maiden my Hulk tonight. The wind is giving me the finger.

Dave
Sep 17, 2009, 05:56 PM
hmmm, might have to try again. Bought a couple starscreams off ebay (27mhz) and they were only good for scrap, lousy response, power lawn dart ETC.

However, i attached my air hogs RollingFury radio to the motors and strapped everything into a guillows 17" balsa and it flys awesome. Just wish the actuator stayed attached (GRRRR) because i am sure it would loop like nothing else...
Sep 17, 2009, 06:04 PM
I think for those new to ITC, the Chronological Designation approach is actually the best one to take. F-15 first very durable,stable and predictable. F-18 is durable, less stable but more capable. F-22 is much less durable, and faster too. It is perhaps the most radically "un-mod-ifiable" of the three (see xlcrlee and his original unmodded pre production variant), Flying the 15 and 18 first better prepares one for this plane. As a first plane, it will probably be a main source of donor gear.

I think Razor's should be the official donor plane of this thread, ....Reset? Thats just me, I've heard they fly very well.

Worth mentioning on First Page: Older ITC radios had some range/response issues, especially the 27mhz. 2008 and on radios are generally better. Don't trust any of them too much when it gets cold.
Last edited by airfoil'd; Nov 21, 2009 at 09:06 AM.
Sep 17, 2009, 08:02 PM
AAces High
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil'd
I think Razor's should be the official donor plane of this thread, ....Reset? Thats just me, I've heard they fly very well.
I'm lost Bro. Razor?

This thread doesn't belong to me. Yes, I started it but it belongs to the community. Let's let it go where it goes. As long as we remain on topic I'm hip to anything.

EDIT: Oh, You mean the AirRage Razor?
Last edited by aeronaught; Sep 17, 2009 at 08:13 PM.
Sep 17, 2009, 08:11 PM
I just LOVE my Razor -- one of my BEST two-channel planes.

But I agree that these planes do NOT like the cold -- only a "warm weather" flier.

Mine is a 49 Mhz, but it still lags a LOT when it gets below freezing...

I'm interested in the Iron Man. Elvill -- you said you ordered one directly from ITC. What was the price? How did you order it -- I clicked on the customer service icon and got a "bum link" message!

I DID find the page w/ prices for the Micro Fighters. Nice to just buy the plane and use my old Razor tranny on it! No need to buy another.

But are the motors REALLY on the vertical stab's (Like Lee designed 'em), or are they really on the wings like the ones sold at Radio Shack some time ago?

Thanks and happy flying!
Sep 17, 2009, 08:26 PM
AAces High
Thread OP

Flight Report

I got a half- ed maiden for my Hulk in tonight. But it was way too windy. I took the LG off because I fly over grass. I really don't know what to think yet. One thing that struck me is that you don't need WOT to launch the plane. It has PLENTY of power. I was able to get her turned around and into the wind but it was way too much for this little plane. We have a week or so of crappy Wx. coming here. This just stinks!! I have a lot of flying I want to do.

Oh! I didn't have one bit of porpoising either. Maybe the wind?

Dave
Sep 18, 2009, 12:01 AM
Just Say No To GMO

ITC Stonewalling over lost plane - buyer beware.

Since Jakks Pacific stopped making the Mini XPV it seems ITC will take over the market for people who want performance over looks (ITC vs. Air Hogs). Now if they could just give us the 1c charging we all want and get new transmitters that do away with that filtered/unfiltered control nonsense..... not sure why they don't do that

However, I should caution about ordering directly from ITC. They do not ship by normal methods like UPS or give any sort of tracking numbers or "your product has shipped" emails. They send it by normal US mail, no tracking numbers and unless you physically go to their website and check every day using your username/password..you won't know if it's shipped.

Problem for most? Maybe not. However my ITC Ironman never arrived, it's waaaaaaaaaay overdue and ITC won't reply to my emails or get back with me in any way over it.
I hear it's a great plane, bummer ITC can't figure out how we ship things in the 21st century.

So, buyer beware. If they make good and ship me another plane I'll make note of it. So far...stonewalled.
Sep 18, 2009, 08:46 AM
How many days since your order was placed? Maybe one of these stateside guys who have mail ordered can confirm typical wait times for you? Hope it works out.......

Quick Reply