Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 23, 2009, 09:26 PM
Very, Very. Nice rcpinoy
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2009, 10:45 PM
Ive replaced the fuse with a powered fuse, non removable. Ive also made the tail out of depron and removable, I found the idea buried in the forums. Now all I need is a folder and spinner.

1300KV blue wonder
3S 460
AUW ~8oz
Last edited by j2m2t2; Sep 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM.
Sep 25, 2009, 11:10 PM
Very nice! What's the size of your prop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m2t2
Ive replaced the fuse with a powered fuse, non removable. Ive also made the tail out of depron and removable, I found the idea buried in the forums. Now all I need is a folder and spinner.

1300KV blue wonder
3S 460
AUW ~8oz
Sep 26, 2009, 12:27 AM
Currently an 8040 but that's just to get me airborne. I will find a nice folder somewhere. I went to local hobby shop and they sold me an APC 7x4 folder. What an overweight piece of crap, anyway Ill be looking for a new one here soon.
Sep 26, 2009, 07:56 PM
Flew her today. Flies like a sail plane. Dont know what I was expecting but it works, thx for the plans.
Sep 26, 2009, 08:52 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Flew her today. Flies like a sail plane. Dont know what I was expecting but it works, thx for the plans.
Is this a good flight review, Bad, or it was just so-so and I am not excited?
Sep 26, 2009, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daoldguy
Is this a good flight review, Bad, or it was just so-so and I am not excited?
I guess so-so or uneventful but that may be a good thing. I really dont have any experience flying this type of plane. Most of my planes are deltas or 3D, all from plans here at RCG.

I fly slope alot on the sim and love it, so that is where I was going with this. Maybe Ill get that folder and find me a good slope here in AZ.
Sep 27, 2009, 12:07 AM
Great!

Yeah, she's really a glider... not an aerobatic plane.

Quote:
I guess so-so or uneventful but that may be a good thing. I really dont have any experience flying this type of plane. Most of my planes are deltas or 3D, all from plans here at RCG.

I fly slope alot on the sim and love it, so that is where I was going with this. Maybe Ill get that folder and find me a good slope here in AZ.
Sep 27, 2009, 12:18 AM

My Progress - Maiden Flight

Ok guys, maiden her today, she flies, and she can glide nicely...

This build doesn't have an airfoil, so I thought, I'll shape the LE a little bit and cut an angle... I noticed that when I rev the motor up and she speeds up, she tends to tuck and nose dive, I think because of this LE... anyways, here's the video.

Kids had fun watching too! Have fun.

BTW, Another version with an airfoil is in the works.

Thumb Wing Glider maiden flight - DIY GLIDER (7 min 43 sec)
Last edited by rcpinoy; Sep 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM.
Sep 27, 2009, 10:56 AM
Great vid rcpinoy. Thats about what mine looks like when flying but I dont glide as long. Not sure if its kf step or lack of folder. ill let you know when I get the folder.
Sep 27, 2009, 04:24 PM
Here is a short vid of my second flight. I shortened the nose a bit and ran an APC 6x4.

Im liking it more and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7iepyWhgwI
Sep 27, 2009, 04:31 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Was shortening the nose to get the CG more workable? Glide will greatly improve with the CG happy. From the vid it looks like it might be a little forward still?

Thanks for posting the vid
Sep 27, 2009, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daoldguy
Was shortening the nose to get the CG more workable? Glide will greatly improve with the CG happy. From the vid it looks like it might be a little forward still?

Thanks for posting the vid
Yes I shortened the nose to get the CG closer to rcpinoys design. I tried moving the CG around while flying and I even made it tail heavy at one point. Not sure if my build can glide like designed.

Im going to stay with it a little nose heavy for now.

First time posting vid too.
Sep 27, 2009, 05:31 PM
"Watch out for...CRUNCH!!
j2m2t2, how thick is the foam on your plane, and how tall is the KF step?
Sep 27, 2009, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookid
j2m2t2, how thick is the foam on your plane, and how tall is the KF step?
Wing is 9mm 1.9# and Step is 9mm 1.3# 50% of wing

Quick Reply