Jun 30, 2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krit
I change main rotor blade to shorten 4#6 blade and 4#3q tail blade which drive with AP02 motor. I used stock motor for drive my little bird.

This is my clip with these blades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkqYAbPj46k
what landing gear is that you have one?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2010, 09:01 AM
JossyRC dot com
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm
i bought this kit,from WOW hobbies.its there top of the line CB100 kit minus the carring case
http://www.wowhobbies.com/169salewex...1-1-1-1-1.aspx

these are some of the features
Turbo Ace 61316 (HP06) outrunner brushless main
2.9g brushless tail motor
walkera 2801 Pro TX
2605A Rx

Wow says that they build this bird and set the setting up in the 2801.
when i got it i flew it out of the box,wasnt bad.had some issues at first,it would want to keep hovering to the left.had very little right aligeron travel.
i figured out the remote and wrote my own setting,and it flys the way i like it but is it set correctly.the qiestiion i have is that the rx2605A was orginally in the 4g3,which is a CP heli and not a FP heli.when i was using the setting from wow.if you looked at the swash with no throttle(looking at the bird from the tail to front) the swash would sit tilted to the right.but when u throttle up,the swash would move full left tilt with out giving left agileron control.does the swash on a FP heli suppose to move with throttle increase,or thats what it does on a CP?
My swash mix is set at AILE 60% and well as PIT 60%,with 2servos under the swash screan.i had to turn on my program mix.i had to set the governing item to Throttle-AILE.my midpoint deviation is set at -216,my rates are set at -66% and -62%.all this to keep the swash level when i give throttle
I redid the setting that the swash wont move with throttle,it hovers in one spot now.But i am still a NOOB to the heli`s and the programable TX.SO SOME HELP PLEASE
These are the setting I have.

For the programable CB100 (2605A RX)

REVERS=>CHNL 6 is REVS rest is NORM
TRVADJ=> all set to 100%
SWAATS=>ATSMIX=>all 0 except NORM Up 8% Dn 0%
GYROS=>GYRO/AUX2 0:85% 1:15%
ThrottleHold=>HOLD=> THRO HOLD INH
DR&EXP=>AUTO ST-1, ST-2, HOLD are all INH
=>ELEV POS-0 D/R 40% EXP +30%
=> AILE POS-0 D/R 40% EXP +30%
=>RUDD POS-0 D/R 70% EXP LIN

Throttle Curves
THRCURV (L 1 2 3 H)=>
NORM (0% 50% 67% 85.5% 100%)
ST-1 (1.5% 15% 33% 60.5% 100%)
ST-2 (0% 25% 50.5% 75% 100%)

PROGMIX all set to OFF
FAILSAFE all set to OFF
Jun 30, 2010, 09:31 AM
JossyRC dot com
Try flattening out the pitch curves mine are set to the following.

(L 1 2 3 H) ( 41.5%, 52%, 63.5%, 75%, 85%)

Or make them all 50%. This should get rid of any pitch input to the A/E servos. But I think the above is to mix the A/E to counter pitch up during FFF. (? I think away)
Jun 30, 2010, 12:10 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
i bought this kit,from WOW hobbies.its there top of the line CB100 kit minus the carring case
http://www.wowhobbies.com/169salewex...1-1-1-1-1.aspx

these are some of the features
Turbo Ace 61316 (HP06) outrunner brushless main
2.9g brushless tail motor
walkera 2801 Pro TX
2605A Rx

Wow says that they build this bird and set the setting up in the 2801.
when i got it i flew it out of the box,wasnt bad.had some issues at first,it would want to keep hovering to the left.had very little right aligeron travel.
i figured out the remote and wrote my own setting,and it flys the way i like it but is it set correctly.the qiestiion i have is that the rx2605A was orginally in the 4g3,which is a CP heli and not a FP heli.when i was using the setting from wow.if you looked at the swash with no throttle(looking at the bird from the tail to front) the swash would sit tilted to the right.but when u throttle up,the swash would move full left tilt with out giving left agileron control.does the swash on a FP heli suppose to move with throttle increase,or thats what it does on a CP?
My swash mix is set at AILE 60% and well as PIT 60%,with 2servos under the swash screan.i had to turn on my program mix.i had to set the governing item to Throttle-AILE.my midpoint deviation is set at -216,my rates are set at -66% and -62%.all this to keep the swash level when i give throttle
I redid the setting that the swash wont move with throttle,it hovers in one spot now.But i am still a NOOB to the heli`s and the programable TX.SO SOME HELP PLEASE
Do you have it set at one servo and 90 degrees??
Jun 30, 2010, 04:08 PM
its set at 2 servo and i have it at AILE92% abd PIT 60%.when i got it it was both 60%,i set it to 92 and 60
Jun 30, 2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JossyRC
Try flattening out the pitch curves mine are set to the following.

(L 1 2 3 H) ( 41.5%, 52%, 63.5%, 75%, 85%)

Or make them all 50%. This should get rid of any pitch input to the A/E servos. But I think the above is to mix the A/E to counter pitch up during FFF. (? I think away)
Under your swash are ytou set up as 1 servo or 2 servo?
Jun 30, 2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
what landing gear is that you have one?

I Use MIA skid, shorten it's leg to make it flexible fly in tight area.
Jun 30, 2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
I Use MIA skid, shorten it's leg to make it flexible fly in tight area.
You can make the older style MIA LG by using rc car whip antannae and some 1.5mm piano wire. Insert wire into tube, bend to shape, heat over a gas stove burner, a few holes and you're in action.

Amp
Jun 30, 2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
These are the setting I have.

For the programable CB100 (2605A RX)

REVERS=>CHNL 6 is REVS rest is NORM
TRVADJ=> all set to 100%
SWAATS=>ATSMIX=>all 0 except NORM Up 8% Dn 0%
GYROS=>GYRO/AUX2 0:85% 1:15%
ThrottleHold=>HOLD=> THRO HOLD INH
DR&EXP=>AUTO ST-1, ST-2, HOLD are all INH
=>ELEV POS-0 D/R 40% EXP +30%
=> AILE POS-0 D/R 40% EXP +30%
=>RUDD POS-0 D/R 70% EXP LIN

Throttle Curves
THRCURV (L 1 2 3 H)=>
NORM (0% 50% 67% 85.5% 100%)
ST-1 (1.5% 15% 33% 60.5% 100%)
ST-2 (0% 25% 50.5% 75% 100%)

PROGMIX all set to OFF
FAILSAFE all set to OFF
would these setting eb good for a DD 4#3B with2605A reciever and 2801 TX?
Jun 30, 2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
You can make the older style MIA LG by using rc car whip antannae and some 1.5mm piano wire. Insert wire into tube, bend to shape, heat over a gas stove burner, a few holes and you're in action.

Amp
Cool idea Amp, make a skeleton to antenna whip and make it to preferable shape is a good idea for cheap LG. I will try it to several color of antenna whip. I will check it's weight too.

Thanks
Jun 30, 2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Cool idea Amp, make a skeleton to antenna whip and make it to preferable shape is a good idea for cheap LG. I will try it to several color of antenna whip. I will check it's weight too.

Thanks
Made some for my mothed 4g3:
Came out 1.7g

Amp
Jul 01, 2010, 01:45 AM
JossyRC dot com
Quote:
Under your swash are ytou set up as 1 servo or 2 servo?
PM'd but will put here too. Set to 1 SERVO. I tried 2 and of course it did exactly what you were talking about.
Jul 01, 2010, 01:54 AM
JossyRC dot com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
Made some for my mothed 4g3:
Came out 1.7g

Amp
Not sure what you guys mean by antena whip. Was wondering if the xtreme CB100 skids would work with the 4G3 battery tray - will have to wait for the parts.

So Amp and Tipstar have inspired me. I am putting together the order for my moth project. Will take my existing 4G6 and add, cahnge the following - see what you guys think.

4G3 canopy (from buzzflyer)
battery tray and swap out the stock

get a new 4G6 boom tail shaft and tail linkage arm (if I want to change it back).

CF sheet - might make a custom battery tray and stitch the xtreme skids onto that.

Put in the HP08-2 (1s) with the XP12A.

From there it really is simple. Cut the tailboom, shaft, linkage rod and struts. Trim blades and swap out the parts...

One question Amp. I have trimed a pair of foamies today and the ends don't finish up nicly like in yours (obviously). I thought the simulated carbon fibre blades were foamies just printed like carbon fiber. Are you finshing up the trmmed ends with CA, or a filler of some sort?
Jul 01, 2010, 02:56 AM
Amp, 1.7 g is pretty good weight for CB100 or 4#3B. Your skid look sporty bird.

JossyRC, If you can find 1 mm thick PVC sheet, it's easier to cut and trim than CF sheet. PVC is tough and a little bit heavier than CF. I can do a lot of application with my heli such as CB100's tail (AP02) motor holder. I don't like CF because it is easy to brake after hit something.
Jul 01, 2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Not sure what you guys mean by antena whip. Was wondering if the xtreme CB100 skids would work with the 4G3 battery tray - will have to wait for the parts.

So Amp and Tipstar have inspired me. I am putting together the order for my moth project. Will take my existing 4G6 and add, cahnge the following - see what you guys think.

4G3 canopy (from buzzflyer)
battery tray and swap out the stock

get a new 4G6 boom tail shaft and tail linkage arm (if I want to change it back).

CF sheet - might make a custom battery tray and stitch the xtreme skids onto that.

Put in the HP08-2 (1s) with the XP12A.

From there it really is simple. Cut the tailboom, shaft, linkage rod and struts. Trim blades and swap out the parts...

One question Amp. I have trimed a pair of foamies today and the ends don't finish up nicly like in yours (obviously). I thought the simulated carbon fibre blades were foamies just printed like carbon fiber. Are you finshing up the trmmed ends with CA, or a filler of some sort?
Have a look in my Spek 4g3 HH thread re blade finishing.

The Xtreme may work...I'd say they will if you can slide the legs out a little longer...gotta clear the main gear and pinion, rest is just a few 1mm mount holes. Keep weight to a minimum...like be perdantic, mine will get plastic swash, and a few other 0.5g savings here and there. XP7A would be better, also bare in ming you need tail rotor clearance. I have my "home made" lg shorter at the front so the tail is high enough to clear carpet. May have to space the Xtreme up at the back with say 4g6 dampers to get it to sit low but still have tail clearance.

Whip antennae is the vertical flexible stuff used in rc car applications.

Amp

Quick Reply