Thread Tools
Aug 05, 2010, 06:43 AM
Live to learn. . .
Rafa's CB100's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodamuz
nice heli, Rafa.

i havent fly 6ch heli. i wonder how to make heli fly upside down like that. just use full throttle and slide or what.
Hi nitrodamuz,

It's a long answer. I recommend joining helifreak so that you can watch the videos posted at this link:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692

I've seen most of them, but the video called, "Pitch and Throttle Curves 101" would probably answer your questions. Being able to use different sets of pitch and throttle curves (Normal and Idle up, or ST 1 as Walkera calls it) allows 3D flight. Hope this helps,

Rafa
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2010, 02:01 PM
Things that do fly
Magic k2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji
Thanks for the kind words Amp. You're right about being in difficult situations sometimes. But, honestly, the vendors I am working with make it a lot easier. They themselves do not want to rip anybody off either and since this is a really hard customer service industry, I am trying (in a small way) of avoiding such spots for people like you and I. I just want to fly and modify.

Here are a few of my past bigger helis and a link to why I am extremely grateful to still be able to fly and chose to go with the micros. Don't look if you are not ready. Trust me, it is not pretty.

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/rr/mygallery.htm
Ouch ! lol,, i know how that feels dude,it hurts lol,,,when i was 16 i had my right hand crushed by a cast iron weight ,56 pounds i was just jumping up and down and all i could say was fk fk fk fk fk lol,,i was lucky though ,after a top surgen did the bizness i only lost 1 finger,its the one next to my little pinky so i think its the best one to loose,,takes a long time to reprogram your brain to use muscles in a different way and not use the muscle or tendon from the missing finger,did you get any hipper sensitivity in the hand where it gets pins and needles and then goes totally numb ?
Aug 05, 2010, 02:48 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2
Ouch ! lol,, i know how that feels dude,it hurts lol,,,when i was 16 i had my right hand crushed by a cast iron weight ,56 pounds i was just jumping up and down and all i could say was fk fk fk fk fk lol,,i was lucky though ,after a top surgen did the bizness i only lost 1 finger,its the one next to my little pinky so i think its the best one to loose,,takes a long time to reprogram your brain to use muscles in a different way and not use the muscle or tendon from the missing finger,did you get any hipper sensitivity in the hand where it gets pins and needles and then goes totally numb ?
Yep. Still have nerve damage and scar tissue that limits my movements. Still have sections of my hand that feel like its asleep 24/7. I have actually stabbed, burned and cut my middle finger without noticing until it smell burnt or starts bleeding all over. LOL. It is one of the reasons I can only fly for about 3mins. The hand gets cramped and my thumb starts locking up. Not good for heli flight. All in all though, I am amazed at the work the surgeons did on me. Very grateful the blades missed my throat by about 6in (I also have a large scar on my right shoulder).
Aug 05, 2010, 03:43 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Hi Guys,
Darryl,Thankfully you are still with us and still able to do the thing you have a real passion for.
You are a very important part of this hobby for all of us.
Regards Jason
Aug 05, 2010, 03:55 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
Thanks Jason. Both you and I are apparently cut from the same mold when it comes to these little micro helis. It is kind of cool to watch something you work on come to life and become a reality. Even better...they fly!!!

Your contributions to the micro heli community here are greatly appreciated as well. The great thing about this particular sector of RC helis is it is far from static. There seems to be something new and exciting every week.

Darryl
Aug 05, 2010, 03:57 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
1Hammer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
Hi Guys,
Darryl,Thankfully you are still with us and still able to do the thing you have a real passion for.
You are a very important part of this hobby for all of us.
Regards Jason
Ditto that Jason!

When I first heard of Darryl's accident and saw pictures of his hand, I was amazed he is even able to fly.

Thanks Darryl for your continued dedication to this hobby and providing us with great information.

Regards,
John
Aug 05, 2010, 04:30 PM
Things that do fly
Magic k2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji
Yep. Still have nerve damage and scar tissue that limits my movements. Still have sections of my hand that feel like its asleep 24/7. I have actually stabbed, burned and cut my middle finger without noticing until it smell burnt or starts bleeding all over. LOL. It is one of the reasons I can only fly for about 3mins. The hand gets cramped and my thumb starts locking up. Not good for heli flight. All in all though, I am amazed at the work the surgeons did on me. Very grateful the blades missed my throat by about 6in (I also have a large scar on my right shoulder).
LOL I wouldnt worry dude,,i was a motocross racer when i crushed my hand and lost a finger,i couldnt even touch the bike when the engine was running at first,,when i did try to race for the first time my arm went numb all the way up to my shoulder you could have cut my arm off and i wouldnt notice,,,it takes ages to get better but i did and went on to ride 500cc motocross and supercross,,,just give it time and it will come good,,the human body is very clever,never gets back to normal as the hyper sensitivity never totally goes away but my hand is super strong now as im sure yours will be in time ,you will just fly like a spaz for a while lol
Aug 07, 2010, 02:12 AM
Registered User
nitrodamuz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100
Hi nitrodamuz,

It's a long answer. I recommend joining helifreak so that you can watch the videos posted at this link:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692

I've seen most of them, but the video called, "Pitch and Throttle Curves 101" would probably answer your questions. Being able to use different sets of pitch and throttle curves (Normal and Idle up, or ST 1 as Walkera calls it) allows 3D flight. Hope this helps,

Rafa
Thanks, Rafa.
Aug 08, 2010, 10:19 PM
Heli Basher
back to a different topic...(i can't handle blood very well, let alone that...)
still trying to get my cb to be stable like it's supposed to. replaced the o-rings with the ones(and washers) from msr kit. this thing has gone CRAZY! it attacked me multiple times. it just goes wherever it feels like. i used double orings on either side, just like stock...but it seems only one will actually fit into the head, the other one sits on the outside, between the o-ring and the blade grip. is this normal or should both fit into the head itself? well i guess it's not actually on the outside, it kinda gets jammed into the head when i install the blade grip, but i was just wondering if that's normal...
Aug 09, 2010, 08:06 AM
Registered User
A question to all you CB100 fans out there:-
should the swash plate be able to move ftreelt up and down the main shaft?
Mine is doing so, and has as a result is allowing the swash plate to be angled backwards, thus altering the fore and aft balance of the heli to alter, requiring almost full forward trim in order to hover properly.
This has occured after a heavy arrival,in which I broke one of the main blades (now replaced).
When test flown tonight, the above was noted, and I suspect that this movement of the swash plate is the problem.
Any ideas???
Robert
Aug 09, 2010, 09:44 AM
Pro at Uncontrolled Landings
Tattooface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Jack
back to a different topic...(i can't handle blood very well, let alone that...)
still trying to get my cb to be stable like it's supposed to. replaced the o-rings with the ones(and washers) from msr kit. this thing has gone CRAZY! it attacked me multiple times. it just goes wherever it feels like. i used double orings on either side, just like stock...but it seems only one will actually fit into the head, the other one sits on the outside, between the o-ring and the blade grip. is this normal or should both fit into the head itself? well i guess it's not actually on the outside, it kinda gets jammed into the head when i install the blade grip, but i was just wondering if that's normal...
It should only have one O-ring on each side. Looking from the top, with the Feathering shaft in the head it should be Blade Grip, Washer, O-ring, Head, O-ring, Washer, Blade Grip. One thing you may want to look at is the weights on the end of the flybar, make sure they are screwed on all the way and balanced. Also make sure the blade controllers are not binding. Good Luck.
Aug 09, 2010, 09:47 AM
Pro at Uncontrolled Landings
Tattooface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallen
A question to all you CB100 fans out there:-
should the swash plate be able to move ftreelt up and down the main shaft?
Mine is doing so, and has as a result is allowing the swash plate to be angled backwards, thus altering the fore and aft balance of the heli to alter, requiring almost full forward trim in order to hover properly.
This has occured after a heavy arrival,in which I broke one of the main blades (now replaced).
When test flown tonight, the above was noted, and I suspect that this movement of the swash plate is the problem.
Any ideas???
Robert
The swash should move freely, without binding. Also make sure you Center of Gravity (COG) with the battery is correct. Place 2 cups on a table, and place the heli between the cups with the Flybar resting on the cups. When you attach the battery the heli should be level. This is where you are going to want to start. From there we can look at the links and mechanical trimming. Note that the Swash does not need to be level on these helis.
Aug 09, 2010, 09:48 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
1Hammer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallen
A question to all you CB100 fans out there:-
should the swash plate be able to move ftreelt up and down the main shaft?
Mine is doing so, and has as a result is allowing the swash plate to be angled backwards, thus altering the fore and aft balance of the heli to alter, requiring almost full forward trim in order to hover properly.
This has occured after a heavy arrival,in which I broke one of the main blades (now replaced).
When test flown tonight, the above was noted, and I suspect that this movement of the swash plate is the problem.
Any ideas???
Robert
Hi Robert,

It's common for the servos to need trimming after a crash. When you get to the point of needing full forward trim on the TX it's time to shorten the forward servo to swashplate link one full turn. This will allow you to center the trim on the TX and then adjust slightly from there.

Regards,
John
Aug 09, 2010, 11:20 AM
JossyRC dot com
JossyRC's Avatar

I'd Like your guys input on this


If you guys wouldnt mind taking a look at this, I would really appreciate your input.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post15745930
Aug 09, 2010, 05:37 PM
Registered User
Dan203's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodamuz
nice heli, Rafa.

i havent fly 6ch heli. i wonder how to make heli fly upside down like that. just use full throttle and slide or what.
Fixed pitch helis, like the CB100, use blades which have a specific pitch and you move the heli up and down by simply adjusting the speed at which they are spinning. If you were to try to flip it upside down then the force of the blades would simply push it toward the ground.

Collective pitch helis (the ones that can fly upside down) use a system where the blades have a flat symmetrical airfoil and the head is always spinning at a constant speed. You then make it go up/down by dynamically adjusting the pitch of the blades. So instead of the left stick actually controlling the throttle, like it does on the CB100, it controls the pitch of the blades. When setup for 3D flight the pitch is set to 0 degrees at mid stick. So when you push the stick above the center marker the heli gets positive pitch and goes up. When you push it below center it gets negative pitch which, when right side up, pushes the heli toward the ground, but when upside down actually pushes the heli up in the air and allows it to fly upside down.

Dan


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are the little wires in my Lipo Kokam 3s3p? lempert Batteries and Chargers 1 Aug 18, 2004 06:54 AM
I held Babe Ruth's bat in my hands yesterday NewbieX Life, The Universe, and Politics 8 Feb 01, 2004 11:40 AM
Wemotec MC-001 Micro Fans in My Hands !!!! EAMRC Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 35 Jul 06, 2002 05:30 PM
How hot can my receiver get in my Aspire Ripley Modeling Science 4 Jun 25, 2002 01:58 PM