Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Jul 28, 2010, 02:26 AM
nitrodamuz is offline
Find More Posts by nitrodamuz
Registered User
nitrodamuz's Avatar
Hi John,

do you mind post again the link of your light mod, please. i tried looking in this thread. couldnt find. Thanks John.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:12 AM
1Hammer is offline
Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Micro Helicopter Electrician
1Hammer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodamuz View Post
Hi John,

do you mind post again the link of your light mod, please. i tried looking in this thread. couldnt find. Thanks John.
Hi,

Here you go.

CB100 MD500E CHP Build Log Stage 3: Lights 1 (3 min 39 sec)


CB100 MD500E CHP Build Log Stage 4: Lights 2 (6 min 3 sec)


The entire thread is here: CB100 MD500E CHP Build Log for those interested in seeing more about this project.

Regards,
John
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:56 AM
nitrodamuz is offline
Find More Posts by nitrodamuz
Registered User
nitrodamuz's Avatar
Hi John,

very complete. thanks a lot. i appreciate it.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:02 AM
cham is offline
Find More Posts by cham
Registered User
cham's Avatar

Tx Opps?


Maybe somebody can help me reverse what I've done with my radio.
I believe I hit the reset button while programing my 2801 pro Tx.
I've got most of my settings back to where I want them, but for some reason, my tail motor isn't responding at all. (CB100) Is it possible that my radio settings are responsible for this?

Appreciate the help.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:10 AM
jasonjetski is offline
Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cham View Post
Maybe somebody can help me reverse what I've done with my radio.
I believe I hit the reset button while programing my 2801 pro Tx.
I've got most of my settings back to where I want them, but for some reason, my tail motor isn't responding at all. (CB100) Is it possible that my radio settings are responsible for this?

Appreciate the help.
Hi Cham,
Double check your throttle trim is not up. You want the throttle trim all the way down.
Hope this helps.
Regards Jason
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:10 AM
Ampdraw is offline
Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cham View Post
Maybe somebody can help me reverse what I've done with my radio.
I believe I hit the reset button while programing my 2801 pro Tx.
I've got most of my settings back to where I want them, but for some reason, my tail motor isn't responding at all. (CB100) Is it possible that my radio settings are responsible for this?

Appreciate the help.
Move the throttle trim to the very bottom position and rebind the heli.

Amp
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:20 PM
livonia bob is offline
Find More Posts by livonia bob
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
A few questions to anybody that knows:

1) How are the Micro Dean connectors "physically" attached to the Charger's Housing? (epoxy?)

2) How are the Micro Dean connectors "electrically" attached to the Charger's circuitry? (wired in parallel with correct polarity to existing "mSR" connectors?)

3) How has this mod been holding up with usage?
1. JB Weld.

2. Yes parallel but I don't remember for sure where, but it wasn't the easy way that I thought it would be, I had to solder to the little connectors on the board. And it seems that the wire color was backwards from what I thought it would be. RED = - BLACK = + But that could of just been mine.

3. Yes it's still working just fine. Even charges up at the field using the "D" cells but they don't last very long..
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:20 PM
i812 is offline
Find More Posts by i812
Registered User
i812's Avatar
Thanks Bob.

I recently saw a post (photo) where instead of plugging the AC-to-DC wall adapter into the 4 Port Charger, the person plugged a 3S? LiPo battery pack, and commented that it was able to provide many charging sessions.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:35 PM
i812 is offline
Find More Posts by i812
Registered User
i812's Avatar

CB100 Shopping List


I'm finally going to be getting a CB100. Here is my shopping list:

CB100
2801 Pro TX
8 AAA NiMH Batteries (LSD type)
10 pair Micro Dean Connectors
100.00g Digital Scale
6.000 inch Digital Caliper

Anything else?

LHS' near me don't carry Walkera parts, so I need to stock up. Others have recommended:

Tail Blade
Main Blade
Tail Boom (Al or CF?)
Main Gear

Is that all?
How about quantities/ratios?

Finally, there seem to be a few different batteries that can be used. What do most recommed?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:33 PM
livonia bob is offline
Find More Posts by livonia bob
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Thanks Bob.

I recently saw a post (photo) where instead of plugging the AC-to-DC wall adapter into the 4 Port Charger, the person plugged a 3S? LiPo battery pack, and commented that it was able to provide many charging sessions.

Why chance using a 3 cell pack at 11 volts when the AC adapter is only 6 volts DC? a 2 cell might work better..
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:47 PM
i812 is offline
Find More Posts by i812
Registered User
i812's Avatar
I remember seeing the photo. Not so much about the details. Note that I place a ? after the 3S. I've never used batteries, or anything other than the AC-DC wall adapter with the 4-Port Charger, so I've never been concerned about what the input voltage requirements are.

But thanks for clarifying for others.

Also, I think the poster said something about getting many charges. Now that I think about it, I don't see how a ~2000 mAh LiPo can provide more than ~ four 500 mAh charges. Maybe the best thing about LiPo verses standard AA batteries is, the ability to recharge LiPo almost for free with existing equipment?

As always, beware of what you read on the internet.

Last edited by i812; Jul 29, 2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:55 PM
livonia bob is offline
Find More Posts by livonia bob
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
I remember seeing the photo. Not so much about the details. Note the ? after the 3S. I've never used batteries, or anything other than the AC-DC wall adapter with the 4-Port Charger.

But thanks for clarifying for others.
I like to keep "D" batteries in my 3 chargers just for the added weight to hold them down on the metal file cabinet so I can remove the charged up ones with one hand..
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:27 PM
cham is offline
Find More Posts by cham
Registered User
cham's Avatar

Parts


Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
I'm finally going to be getting a CB100. Here is my shopping list:

CB100
2801 Pro TX
8 AAA NiMH Batteries (LSD type)
10 pair Micro Dean Connectors
100.00g Digital Scale
6.000 inch Digital Caliper

Anything else?

LHS' near me don't carry Walkera parts, so I need to stock up. Others have recommended:

Tail Blade
Main Blade
Tail Boom (Al or CF?)
Main Gear

Is that all?
How about quantities/ratios?

Finally, there seem to be a few different batteries that can be used. What do most recommed?
If you're a heli Noob like me, get these if finances allow:
*Several sets of main & tail rotors - don't get the knock-offs (too brittle).
*Extra tail motor - guard/mount. (The lightened upgrade mount breaks more easily)
*2000/2500 mAh Lipo Tx battery.
*Spare Boom - the stainless steel one seems to work well, (although it's +9g).
*The tiny rubber o-rings will wear out in the head, so it doesn't hurt to have a spare head shaft. (unless you want to do the msr feather kit mod) you'll know when it's time when you get excessive TBE.
* Several batteries (400mAh = +/- 6 minutes) (600mAh = +/- 9-10 minutes)
*Spare canopy (Looks is everythang)
*Spare screw set. Tiny-easily lost and only a couple of bucks for the lot.
*Spare Landing Gear (although the stock ones bend back easily - several times)
*** DO NOT PUSH THE RESET BUTTON WHEN PROGRAMMING YOUR Tx (unless you know Transmitters)

That'll keep you up for awhile.
Enjoy
Last edited by cham; Jul 29, 2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:34 PM
livonia bob is offline
Find More Posts by livonia bob
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cham View Post
If you're a heli Noob like me, get these if finances allow:
*Several sets of main & tail rotors - don't get the knock-offs (too brittle).
*Extra tail motor guard/mount.
*2000/2500 mAh Tx battery.
*Spare Boom - the stainless steel one seems to work well, (although it's +9g).
*The tiny rubber o-rings will wear out in the head, so it doesn't hurt to have a spare head shaft. (unless you want to do the msr feather kit mod) you'll know when it's time when you get excessive TBE.
* Several batteries
*Spare canopy
*Spare screw set. Tiny-easily lost and only a couple of bucks for the lot.
*** DO NOT PUSH THE PROGRAM RESET BUTTON ON YOUR Tx (unless you know Transmitters)

That'll keep you up for awhile.
Enjoy
I would add a hot glue gun, spare tail motor, if you can solder some Hobby King 400mah batteries and some micro Deans connectors.. Read all the CB100 threads to pick up all the parts saving tips.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:38 PM
cham is offline
Find More Posts by cham
Registered User
cham's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Hi Cham,
Double check your throttle trim is not up. You want the throttle trim all the way down.
Hope this helps.
Regards Jason
Yep, I didn't catch that.
Since the main motor was responding properly, I didn't think to check that.

Thank You Jason & Ampdraw
Last edited by cham; Jul 29, 2010 at 07:14 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are the little wires in my Lipo Kokam 3s3p? lempert Batteries and Chargers 1 Aug 18, 2004 07:54 AM
I held Babe Ruth's bat in my hands yesterday NewbieX Life, The Universe, and Politics 8 Feb 01, 2004 12:40 PM
Wemotec MC-001 Micro Fans in My Hands !!!! EAMRC Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 35 Jul 06, 2002 06:30 PM
How hot can my receiver get in my Aspire Ripley Modeling Science 4 Jun 25, 2002 02:58 PM