Apr 19, 2003, 10:43 AM

Here is how Mod'd some nice A10 Wheels-better than the stock ones!

I really hate the stock plastic rattling hoop wheels that come with the GWS A10. Almost every hobby shop carries the common Du-Bro "Mini-Lite" wheels (each wheel weighs 2.14 gr). These wheels are too wide to fit on the stock A10 landing gear wire so I decided to MAKE it fit. First you need to use a 5/64" drill bit to get the axle hole the right diameter. Then, you need to use an 11/64" drill bit to "Countersink" a hole about halfway thru the hub, be careful not to go all the way thru!
The reason for the counter-sunk larger hole is so that you can slide the #A1 keeper in to connect to the end of the axle. Now just use a channel locks or pliers to press the keeper onto the end of the axle & you are Done! One added benefit of using the countersunk hole is that the keeper disappears into the Hole & also fills it. So far the wheel seems quite secure & rolls real easy & no more rattling or sliding on those plastic hoop jobbers & they seem fairly scale & are Light Weight.

-Hope this Helps- (See Pics below)

-Mike-

P.S. - I used 1-1/2" wheels for the mains & I will probably use 1" or 1-1/4" wheels for the nosewheel (Those sizes are already countersunk)!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 19, 2003, 10:45 AM
Here is a view from the side.

-Mike-
Apr 20, 2003, 09:25 AM
Inbox is almost full
I have those also, but I prefer the Hobby-Lobby LYT45's for the rear.

And the smaller wheel up front.

Asorbs more shock than the Dubro's.