Apr 19, 2003, 08:53 AM
Thread OP

Mark Rittingers newest toy-

Anyone see the newest issue of m.a.n.{june}, looks like mark pulled off another one and designed a beautiful P-40 warhawk. It's refreshing to see that brushed motors are still used now-a-days. This article hits close to home for me as I have a Sureflight Tony that needs a similar motor set up. The article even shows a pic of him...it's nice to put a face to the name.
My only question is how exactly did he mount the motor to the bulkhead and then the gearbox. I have a great planes 600 gearbox...I wonder if it'll work the same? Actually, I favor the Olympus belt drive lately...but that's me.
Hey Mark, got a good pic of the motor/gearbox mounted to the bulkhead?
P.S.- really nice job here...excellent reading! Nice to see "foam" used from time to time....does make things alittle easier doesn't it?!

...I think we need a "master list" of Mr Rittinger's planes/plans posted.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 19, 2003, 09:58 AM
I have the plan and have one about 1/2 built. Been sitting a couple months now. I have 5 fliable planes now so i guess thats about my personal limit. As soon as on crashes i'll have some spare electrics and a reason to finish it. Been flying about 7 months now and have not lost a plane yet tho so it might be a while

Pat
Apr 19, 2003, 10:41 AM
This one?
Latest blog entry: Assembling a Spandau kit.
Apr 19, 2003, 02:53 PM
Gravity sucks.
The firewall is sandwiched between the motor and the gearbox, the gearbox mounting screws go through the firewallinto the motor...very simple
Thanks for the compliment, it is a fine flying ship that will be a great addition to anyones hangar.

Mark
Apr 19, 2003, 07:37 PM
Mine flew great on the geared MM...but I had to go brushless: Axi 2820/10, 12x8, 8x3000. Much better!
Last edited by EricBjorn; Apr 20, 2003 at 08:57 AM.
Apr 20, 2003, 09:14 AM
Thread OP
Got it on the gearbox...Thanks.
Where are you guys finding these "reverse" MM's? The LHS doesn't know anything about them...and they cater to RC cars heavily.

Mark....do you have a list of your planes/plans? Anyone sells "all" of them?...aside from you....
Apr 20, 2003, 09:56 AM
So tired
Any place online I can get a set of these plans?
Apr 20, 2003, 01:45 PM
Gravity sucks.
PM me for plan info.

Mark
Apr 21, 2003, 06:34 AM
Tower Hobbies has the MM Reverse.

Sluf7

Quick Reply