This thread is privately moderated by Paintrain, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:13 PM
Find More Posts by badbartlby
Bump!!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2009, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by Paintrain
Woot thanks for the bum, Badbartlby.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by dion9146
Great thread. Very helpful to a noob like me. I've been into sailplanes and electrics for a long time and consider myself a pretty good pilot, but now I want to try one of these wirlywinged type aerothings. I haven't picked one out yet (waiting for the Wife to get the Chrsitmas hint), but am leaning toward the HBFP V1 or V2.

I've learned a lot already just reading this thread. I hope it gets stuck. Thanks for starting it.

I like the videos of fellow newbies and would like to see more added to the thread.

Dion
Old Nov 21, 2009, 09:57 AM
Find More Posts by blakevan
Ta-dah!
Everyone needs to click on the "Report This Post to a Moderator" link and from the pull down choose "Stick/Unstick this thread" option. I hope this isn't double posted information.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by dion9146
Hey, I never knew that! Thanks.

Dion
Old Dec 02, 2009, 06:56 PM
WOOT! It's a STICKY now! Thank you all for reporting it to the moderators. I hope it helps the new guys coming on board.
Old Dec 03, 2009, 04:05 AM
Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep
I'd Rather Be Flying
Kewl Thread! I think its a great idea to put a noob thread up. I'm relatively new to RC (2 years and I've gotten pretty good with planes) and have yet to buy a Heli. But I've been kickin around the idea of getting the HK450. But before I get too serious about it I want to practice more with my Real Flight sim. I couldnt even hover with it last time I tried to fly a Heli. I already have a DX6 (not the DX6i) and its Heli compatable. I like this thread...
Old Dec 10, 2009, 04:40 PM
Added MCX S300, Copter X 450, and EXI 450 to the list. Changed Trex 450 SE v2 to Trex 450 Sport which is better aligned to a beginner.

Enjoy.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by MuSeH
I find that this site is useful for beginners:
http://www.rc-spirit.com/rc_basics.html
Old Dec 30, 2009, 02:20 PM
Added the link to Heli Dictionary section. Thanks for the link.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 02:27 PM
Also added, Jasmine's videos in the How To Section.
Old Jan 01, 2010, 05:40 PM
Find More Posts by HoverDatHeli
Im still a biggenner I have 0 flight hours or minutes. My helis being ship to me now. I've figure it out through many websites, but it would help alot of people if you put a video on how a rc heli works. The swash plate was the most confusing.
Old Apr 08, 2010, 04:06 AM
Find More Posts by nir750
hi,
i get the kestrel 500 NE as my first heli...
but i dont have the user manual.
can anyone know how can i get it?
i look all over the internet but nothing.
please help me

thank u

Nir
Old Apr 14, 2010, 01:34 PM
HoverDat,

If you have a good link to a video that goes through how a RC heli works PM it to me so I can add it to the main page. I have been MIA from the hobby for a bit but work is stabilizing now and should be able to put some stick time and forum time soon.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:17 AM
Find More Posts by pegneck
beginner question: do the blades on helicopters keep spinning when the power is turn off ? ...it would be nice if there was a brake so you could stop the blades from spinning when needed