New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Dec 23, 2011, 02:05 AM
rimaarts is offline
Find More Posts by rimaarts
Registered User
posted in addicts... maybe here someone will say... sorry for doublepost! about only thing left for my 57" is motor... as im in london, ken suggested that motrofly european brand would be Pro-tronik... any reviews about it? and as far as i could understand going trough a2pro webpage, no motor had ~1000w and 15/7 propeller (i guess equivalent to motrofly 3620-750...) closest alternatives to me seemed 3625-650 and 3625-800..any suggestions? or should i just drop it and get a hacker?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2011, 02:13 AM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
posted in addicts... maybe here someone will say... sorry for doublepost! about only thing left for my 57" is motor... as im in london, ken suggested that motrofly european brand would be Pro-tronik... any reviews about it? and as far as i could understand going trough a2pro webpage, no motor had ~1000w and 15/7 propeller (i guess equivalent to motrofly 3620-750...) closest alternatives to me seemed 3625-650 and 3625-800..any suggestions? or should i just drop it and get a hacker?
Won't Ken ship to the UK??

I put a Hacker A40-10S in my 59" Slick, but was not "overwhelmed" with the power,(it isn't bad, just not "screaming" power) so, I am thinking of going with a Motrofly myself. The A40-10S would probably be a good one for the 57" as it is a bit smaller/lighter. I am going to sell my A40, just in case you might be interested...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 23, 2011, 02:47 AM
rimaarts is offline
Find More Posts by rimaarts
Registered User
well, he SUGGESTED for me to look first at protronik... i sent him email that all motors there look underpowered... (like 3625 max allowed prop is 14xsomething + its only 700w) well how about hotness of hacker? and seing how i had CoG problems with my 1.5 buck huck, id rather go with a bit less power and lighter motor...
Old Dec 23, 2011, 02:58 AM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
well, he SUGGESTED for me to look first at protronik... i sent him email that all motors there look underpowered... (like 3625 max allowed prop is 14xsomething + its only 700w) well how about hotness of hacker? and seing how i had CoG problems with my 1.5 buck huck, id rather go with a bit less power and lighter motor...
While I may not push my motors as hard as some people, I have NEVER had a Hacker motor get hot on me. Mine come down only slightly warm to the touch. I put the Hacker in my Slick and had no problems balancing it, nor would you have any problem balancing a 57" Extra with one. My Extra has a Reaper GR-60 (which unfortunately you can't buy any longer) in it, and I had more problems balancing it, as it is a heavier motor.

Just as a matter of mentioning, my Hacker only has four flights on it, so is essentially brand new... With a 14X7 APC, I got about 860 watts, with an APC 15X7, I got about 950 watts. I have the box and all accessories for it. $80.00 plus shipping...they are $104.99 plus shipping. PM me for PayPal info if interested...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:27 PM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Hum I did not have any issues balancing my 57 with the gr60. I wonder what was different between mine and yours( probably cg location I guess)
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:48 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Hum I did not have any issues balancing my 57 with the gr60. I wonder what was different between mine and yours( probably cg location I guess)
Actually, I didn't really have any "problems", just had to move the battery back a ways...should have worded that differently...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:36 PM
E-reevo is offline
Find More Posts by E-reevo
Registered User
E-reevo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
Standard Du-Bro snow skis work well for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hstG_161d60
Are these the skiis your talking about? I just want to make sure before I order them.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWH30&P=7
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:59 PM
aronph is online now
Find More Posts by aronph
TEAM HILLBILLY
aronph's Avatar
i think so...those are the ones i have but it took some mods to get them on
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:28 PM
cwojcik is online now
Find More Posts by cwojcik
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-reevo View Post
Are these the skiis your talking about? I just want to make sure before I order them.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWH30&P=7
Yep, those are them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
Nice!

How do you do those low rollers, esp. with the Tx mitt?

Looks a little colder than the Northwest.
Thanks! Lots of practice, but with the SC they're easy. The TX mitt takes some getting used to but it's indispensable for cold flying.

It was about 25 degrees that day, but absolutely no wind. The batteries weren't happy but the flying was nice.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:37 PM
E-reevo is offline
Find More Posts by E-reevo
Registered User
E-reevo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
i think so...those are the ones i have but it took some mods to get them on
What did you have to do?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 05:59 AM
rimaarts is offline
Find More Posts by rimaarts
Registered User
SteveToo, i tried to reply to pm, but not sure if it went trough...
Old Dec 24, 2011, 02:18 PM
E-reevo is offline
Find More Posts by E-reevo
Registered User
E-reevo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
i think so...those are the ones i have but it took some mods to get them on
What did you have to do?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 03:48 PM
aronph is online now
Find More Posts by aronph
TEAM HILLBILLY
aronph's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-reevo View Post
What did you have to do?
explaining wont really do it....i need to post pics
Old Dec 24, 2011, 03:59 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
SteveToo, i tried to reply to pm, but not sure if it went trough...
Got it and replied...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 24, 2011, 05:07 PM
E-reevo is offline
Find More Posts by E-reevo
Registered User
E-reevo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
explaining wont really do it....i need to post pics
That would be awesome.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3D Hobby Shop 47" Edge 540 #BUILD VIDEOS ADDED# ipsmotors 3D Flying 3960 Nov 23, 2013 08:39 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop 57" Sukhoi sukhoi26mx Electric Plane Talk 7 Sep 17, 2008 09:33 AM
Sold NIB 3D Hobby Shop SHP Extra 300 *Blue* Version 2 thomer Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 May 04, 2008 02:31 PM
Build Log 3D Hobby Shop 55" Katana LIVE Build Log Jeremy Sebens 3D Flying 54 Oct 12, 2007 04:39 PM