Thread Tools
Old Apr 25, 2010, 02:53 PM
cryhavoc38 is offline
Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Why didn't they run? A pass???
cryhavoc38's Avatar
So I'm working on my 330sc now.
Anyone else go 6s 2200 packs on this yet?

I've bought a few 6s 2200's for the PA Extra MX and with the 550kv motor I am using for my 330SC, I'm going to use the same packs.

I'd prefer to let voltage do the work over amperage and both planes are very similar in size and weight.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:14 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
PA Extra MX

OOOOOOO....you said bad words, I don't like that company!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:24 PM
cryhavoc38 is offline
Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Why didn't they run? A pass???
cryhavoc38's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post
OOOOOOO....you said bad words, I don't like that company!!

SteveT
LOL...But I had to have that 58" Extra MX with all the carbon fiber trimmings.
Got it in Red/black just like the Sbach.

Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:27 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
LOL...But I had to have that Extra MX with all the carbon fiber trimmings.
Got it in Red/black just like the Sbach.

My son and I just had some very bad experiences with the guy that runs P.A. USA.... broken airframes, rudders that had been glued, then shipped out as new, parts ordered that as it turned out, they listed on their web page, but had NEVER had in stock, etc......just a bad situation all around...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:35 PM
YamaDan is offline
Find More Posts by YamaDan
Crashing Gooder and Gooder!
YamaDan's Avatar
Think I'm pulling the trigger.. ordering up a red SC..
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:51 PM
starzen is offline
Find More Posts by starzen
Registered User
starzen's Avatar

I was on fire today


Well my 330 SC was anyway

Doesnt seem to be a good weekend for me. Friday my 6S battery ejected from my vyper in a tumble and today this.

Taking up the Extra for 'one more flight'. Hadnt flown her too hard or anything and suddenly i notice my motor cutting out. i cut the throttle and land deadstick (not my best deadstick landing either) and start to walk over to her on the field when i notice smoke coming out.

Never ran so fast before in my life i think.

As i get there the canopy is melting a little as well as the cowl. ripped off the canopy, battery looks fine, rip it out and throw it and i see a fire under the cowl. got the fire out.

The hacker speed controller was reduced to bits and pieces.

Wondering why of course.

Also thinking what i should replace it with. Another hacker or maybe an ICE

I am running a Reaper GR60. Looks like the motor is ok but will not know until i get a new speed controller of course.




Mike
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:52 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaDan View Post
Think I'm pulling the trigger.. ordering up a red SC..
You will LOVE IT!!!

I fly mine with a Reaper GR-60, and since I tend to push the throttle a bit, I use Flightmax 4s 4000mAH 40C packs.... seems to be a great combo, and the batteries are cheap.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:57 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post
Well my 330 SC was anyway

Doesnt seem to be a good weekend for me. Friday my 6S battery ejected from my vyper in a tumble and today this.

Taking up the Extra for 'one more flight'. Hadnt flown her too hard or anything and suddenly i notice my motor cutting out. i cut the throttle and land deadstick (not my best deadstick landing either) and start to walk over to her on the field when i notice smoke coming out.

Never ran so fast before in my life i think.

As i get there the canopy is melting a little as well as the cowl. ripped off the canopy, battery looks fine, rip it out and throw it and i see a fire under the cowl. got the fire out.

The hacker speed controller was reduced to bits and pieces.

Wondering why of course.

Also thinking what i should replace it with. Another hacker or maybe an ICE

I am running a Reaper GR60. Looks like the motor is ok but will not know until i get a new speed controller of course.




Mike
OUCHY!!!!

Is the motor box okay??? looks a little charred...and I see one cross piece that appears burnt through...

Go with the ICE.... I have some 55amp Hackers and use them and also one 70 amp, but the only ones I buy now are Castle, unless the ESC comes in a bundle with plane and motor. I just bought an Extreme Flight Edge 540 EXP combo, and an "Air Boss" came with that, but the deal was just one I couldn't pass up.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 25, 2010, 05:08 PM
starzen is offline
Find More Posts by starzen
Registered User
starzen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknkep View Post
OUCHY!!!!

Is the motor box okay??? looks a little charred...and I see one cross piece that appears burnt through...

Go with the ICE.... I have some 55amp Hackers and use them and also one 70 amp, but the only ones I buy now are Castle, unless the ESC comes in a bundle with plane and motor. I just bought an Extreme Flight Edge 540 EXP combo, and an "Air Boss" came with that, but the deal was just one I couldn't pass up.

SteveT
Well the landing was a little hard so the motor mount plate is busted and i will probably change the top and right side of the motor box as well.

This was a 70 Hacker and only had 20 flights or so on it and i am not sure what i should go with it now. Guess i could go with an ICE 75 or an ICE 100. Difference is 16 bucks or so and weight seems to be the same.

Mike
Old Apr 25, 2010, 05:22 PM
Doc Austin is online now
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Team Extreme Flight
Doc Austin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post
Well my 330 SC was anyway

Doesnt seem to be a good weekend for me. Friday my 6S battery ejected from my vyper in a tumble and today this.

Taking up the Extra for 'one more flight'. Hadnt flown her too hard or anything and suddenly i notice my motor cutting out. i cut the throttle and land deadstick (not my best deadstick landing either) and start to walk over to her on the field when i notice smoke coming out.

Never ran so fast before in my life i think.

As i get there the canopy is melting a little as well as the cowl. ripped off the canopy, battery looks fine, rip it out and throw it and i see a fire under the cowl. got the fire out.

The hacker speed controller was reduced to bits and pieces.

Wondering why of course.

Also thinking what i should replace it with. Another hacker or maybe an ICE

I am running a Reaper GR60. Looks like the motor is ok but will not know until i get a new speed controller of course.




Mike
Absolutely amazing the BEC kept working. Theree is nothing left of that thing!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:21 PM
ssflylow is offline
Find More Posts by ssflylow
Registered User
ssflylow's Avatar
Why not use a CC Phoenix 80?
I use two of them, one in the 57" SC on a Scorp. 3026, and one in my 58" EF extra on a Reaper 60. They work great, never get hot, and are light.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:42 PM
kygreen229 is offline
Find More Posts by kygreen229
Registered User
kygreen229's Avatar
My red SC is finally on its way!
+1 for the CC phoenix 80 thats what Im going to use and decided on the 3026-710.

Anyone have 1 extra 225MG laying around they want to sell? ha I just need one!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 08:37 PM
bighead93 is online now
Find More Posts by bighead93
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygreen229 View Post
My red SC is finally on its way!
+1 for the CC phoenix 80 thats what Im going to use and decided on the 3026-710.

Anyone have 1 extra 225MG laying around they want to sell? ha I just need one!
I have 3 bad ones
Old Apr 25, 2010, 09:15 PM
tuck is offline
Find More Posts by tuck
spitfire thunders superior
tuck's Avatar
I learned a few things today.
1st lesson don't fly right after a bad aurgument with the wife.
2nd don't bail out of a high focus maneuver at low altatude.
3rd don't mix those two lessons with tight high stress flying locations.
If I would have just used common sense and some forethought I wouldn't have almost snapped the nose off at the bulkhead.
The ultracote didn't rip and probably kept the cowling and innards from flying off.Question how do I fix this and can I keep from pulling off cover? Motor box has not a crack landing gear plate started to seperate but barely from fuse and bulkhead is cracked and broke all over. I would normally just popcycle scab and ca or epoxy the cracks and breaks but this system can kick over 1400watts. Hopefully new motor box can fix without pulling cover. Oh and I can't put up pics because well I lame .
Zeb
Last edited by tuck; Apr 25, 2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 09:40 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck View Post
I learned a few things today.
1st lesson don't fly right after a bad aurgument with the wife.
2nd don't bail out of a high focus maneuver at low altatude.
3rd don't mix those two lessons with tight high stress flying locations.
If I would have just used common sense and some forethought I wouldn't have almost snapped the nose off at the bulkheads.
The ultracote didn't rip and probably kept the cowling and innards from flying off.Question how do I fix this and can I keep from pulling off cover? Motor box has not a crack landing gear plate started to seperate but barely from fuse and bulkheads are cracked and broke all over. I would normally just popcycle scab and ca or epoxy the cracks and breaks but this system can kick over 1400watts. Hopefully new motor box can fix without pulling cover. Oh and I can't put up pics because well I lame .
Zeb
Well......They say that flying is supposed to be a hobby, and hobbies are supposed to relax you, but some times, it just doesn't work out. Next time....take out frustrations with a foamy my friend...

Sorry to hear about your plane.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3D Hobby Shop 47" Edge 540 #BUILD VIDEOS ADDED# ipsmotors 3D Flying 3960 Nov 23, 2013 08:39 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop 57" Sukhoi sukhoi26mx Electric Plane Talk 7 Sep 17, 2008 09:33 AM
Sold NIB 3D Hobby Shop SHP Extra 300 *Blue* Version 2 thomer Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 May 04, 2008 02:31 PM
Build Log 3D Hobby Shop 55" Katana LIVE Build Log Jeremy Sebens 3D Flying 54 Oct 12, 2007 04:39 PM