New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:40 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
hey guys my 57 is pretty nose heavy (im using a GForce 40C 3700mAh 4S LiPO, Motrolfly 4315 714kv with fiberglass mount, and the Castle Creations ICE 100) im using a pull-pull setup right now with the battery moved back as far as it can go, just to get the recommended CG for the maiden and not 3D. I cant get the CG back any farther, would changing the pull-pull to push-pull help?
Hmmmm.... something doesn't sound right. I had the exact same setup except I was using Gens Ace 4000's and my batteries were right in the middle of the tray. I wondery if our batteries are that different in weight?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:10 PM
RCgirl383 is offline
Find More Posts by RCgirl383
It'll be fineee...
RCgirl383's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Hmmmm.... something doesn't sound right. I had the exact same setup except I was using Gens Ace 4000's and my batteries were right in the middle of the tray. I wondery if our batteries are that different in weight?
Mine are 14.29oz according to the website
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:19 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
Mine are 14.29oz according to the website
Mine are 15.2oz according to the website so the weight definitely isn't materially different.

How are you measuring your CG?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:25 PM
RCgirl383 is offline
Find More Posts by RCgirl383
It'll be fineee...
RCgirl383's Avatar
Measuring the recommended distance from the wings leading edge and putting my fingers at that point and balancing the plane..theres probably a better way to do that isn't there?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:13 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
Measuring the recommended distance from the wings leading edge and putting my fingers at that point and balancing the plane..theres probably a better way to do that isn't there?
That's how I do it! It's just odd that yours is coming out so nose heavy though....

I'm trying to understand why that might be the case. Anyone else have this experience with this plane and the 4315-714?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:34 PM
quadracer is online now
Find More Posts by quadracer
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Do you have the canopy on when you test it?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:36 PM
RCgirl383 is offline
Find More Posts by RCgirl383
It'll be fineee...
RCgirl383's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Do you have the canopy on when you test it?
Yeah
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:45 PM
quadracer is online now
Find More Posts by quadracer
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Hmmmm. Which ESC are you using, and where do you have it located?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:53 PM
Alex Schauer is offline
Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
She's using the CC Ice 100
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:48 PM
Brownie433 is offline
Find More Posts by Brownie433
Registered User
Mine was nose heavy with a 3620 (much lighter) and 4S 4000 Gens Ace 25C. I had to add 1 1/2 oz to the tail so I could get my battery on the tray for 3D. It doesn't surprise me that with the 4315 that it would be nose heavy. I've been surprised reading here that guys running the 4315 aren't having to add tail weight.

FYI - I'm running a standard ICE 100 on the motor box (pretty far back on it)

MIke
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:11 PM
3drcparts is offline
Find More Posts by 3drcparts
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
4315-480 ice 100 on 6s here and my 6s 2500 sit middle of the tray
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:44 PM
rcbirk21 is offline
Find More Posts by rcbirk21
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie433 View Post
Mine was nose heavy with a 3620 (much lighter) and 4S 4000 Gens Ace 25C. I had to add 1 1/2 oz to the tail so I could get my battery on the tray for 3D. It doesn't surprise me that with the 4315 that it would be nose heavy. I've been surprised reading here that guys running the 4315 aren't having to add tail weight.

FYI - I'm running a standard ICE 100 on the motor box (pretty far back on it)

MIke
pull pull or push pull? makes a big difference
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:47 PM
quadracer is online now
Find More Posts by quadracer
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Mine is pull-pull with the 4315, balances nicely.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:19 PM
rimaarts is offline
Find More Posts by rimaarts
Registered User
mine with a reccomended hacker came out waay too tail heavy for my liking... my batteries was as far forward as i could get them...

are you measuring by wingtips or wing root?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:19 PM
SteveT. is online now
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
I have a Reaper GR-60 in my 57" Extra, with pull/pull, and it balances nicely with 4S 45C 4000mAH packs.

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3D Hobby Shop 47" Edge 540 #BUILD VIDEOS ADDED# ipsmotors 3D Flying 3960 Nov 23, 2013 08:39 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop 57" Sukhoi sukhoi26mx Electric Plane Talk 7 Sep 17, 2008 09:33 AM
Sold NIB 3D Hobby Shop SHP Extra 300 *Blue* Version 2 thomer Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 May 04, 2008 02:31 PM
Build Log 3D Hobby Shop 55" Katana LIVE Build Log Jeremy Sebens 3D Flying 54 Oct 12, 2007 04:39 PM