Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 10, 2012, 06:29 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
Speaking of garage sales....anyone heard anything?
No, but there is a nice Farmer's Market here every Saturday!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2012, 08:01 PM
disabled and broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer
No, but there is a nice Farmer's Market here every Saturday!
lmao you got jokes now huh?
Oct 10, 2012, 10:53 PM
inverted-i-fly
57" wow at GS, subscribed
Oct 11, 2012, 02:11 AM
Ok, I love my 57" SC a LOT!!!

Will I like the 72" SC as much as the 57" SC?

Any major negative points added when I go up a size?
Oct 11, 2012, 09:05 AM
disabled and broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by jredingt
Ok, I love my 57" SC a LOT!!!

Will I like the 72" SC as much as the 57" SC?

Any major negative points added when I go up a size?
better than 57 actually
Oct 11, 2012, 01:35 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Its bigger and smoother than the 57. Though it doesn't ball up as well in a tumble. Oh one down fall going up in size. It cost more when you crash
Oct 11, 2012, 01:45 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
I have been flying my 57" the last couple time I went flying, and I know that some of you are going to think this is sacrilege, but for windy days (which we have been having a lot of), I like my 59" Slick better....
It was windy yesterday, and I couldn't get my 57" to land well (and I normally don't have a problem landing), took me three tries to get it on the ground.....Even my son was looking at me like...."what the heck dad??"

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Oct 11, 2012, 02:33 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
I have been flying my 57" the last couple time I went flying, and I know that some of you are going to think this is sacrilege, but for windy days (which we have been having a lot of), I like my 59" Slick better....
It was windy yesterday, and I couldn't get my 57" to land well (and I normally don't have a problem landing), took me three tries to get it on the ground.....Even my son was looking at me like...."what the heck dad??"

SteveT
i'm actually not TOO suprised by that. I find that the Slicks handle wind better than most of my other planes.

I haven't flow the 59" Slick though so I can't comment much more than that.
Oct 11, 2012, 02:56 PM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.

SteveT
I find that landing the Extra on a windy day can be tough with the SFGs on. Not only for crosswinds either. With those on I think it has, if there is such a thing, too much lift. With the SFGs on on a calm day the thing touches down at about 8-10mph tops. When it is windy it never wants to stop flying. The SFGs probably reduce the stall speed by 4mph.

On a windy day I just harrier land straight down nose into the wind if the SFGs are on, or more often when it's windy I just don't put them on. The plane flies great without them.

-Brian
Oct 11, 2012, 03:44 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
I don't use SFG's....just don't like the looks of them, and as I always take my wings off for transport and storage, I don't want to have to put them on, and take them off all the time...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Oct 11, 2012, 06:52 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
Can someone link me to the instruction manual or "how-to" on a MB install for this plane? I've got mine laid out and I'm ready to begin, but I have no idea what order to assemble everything in.... Thanks
Oct 11, 2012, 07:02 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
Can someone link me to the instruction manual or "how-to" on a MB install for this plane? I've got mine laid out and I'm ready to begin, but I have no idea what order to assemble everything in.... Thanks
Hang on.....
Oct 11, 2012, 07:06 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
57 SC Motorbox Rebuild Vid:

3D Hobby Shop 57" Extra 330 SC Motor Box Repair Video #1 (5 min 54 sec)
Oct 11, 2012, 07:11 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
That's awesome, Warren. Thanks a ton!
Oct 11, 2012, 07:42 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
Welcome.