3D Hobby Shop 57" Extra 330 SC -Build Thread- - Page 505 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jun 21, 2011, 09:19 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89
After flying the 57 more today, you really need to get that thing flying! Just seems to instill sooo much confidence in what you are doing. Run that thing on 4s get the wight down and make it floaty and you will love it!


Don't you mean.... Get down wit it! ??
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2011, 09:34 PM
MD1 HACK
joshet89's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer


Don't you mean.... Get down wit it! ??
Heck ya, get extra down
Jun 22, 2011, 09:37 AM
Just do it.
FlyFisch's Avatar
Is this a good first 3D plane / sport flier? I want to start out flying sport with it and progress into 3D. Or should I go with the smaller 47" extra 300 shp?
Jun 22, 2011, 09:39 AM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFisch
Is this a good first 3D plane / sport flier? I want to start out flying sport with it and progress into 3D. Or should I go with the smaller 47" extra 300 shp?
I would go with the 47 SHP as a "First". That's what it was designed for, First Balsa.

I have this one and been flying it for almost a year. I just got a 47 SHP last night, just for practice plane instead of hauling this one out all the time. Less hassle, less risk and $$$ at risk.

Rob @ ADChobbystore.com prbly still has maybe 2 Red ones in stock.
Jun 22, 2011, 10:01 AM
ExtremeFlightRC.com
horton's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFisch
Is this a good first 3D plane / sport flier? I want to start out flying sport with it and progress into 3D. Or should I go with the smaller 47" extra 300 shp?
Nothing wrong with the 57" as a sport plane. As your skills develop, it's a great 3D plane as well. Looking at your blog and seeing what you're flying, I'm sure you'll be fine with it.

BTW, you should try to make the NJ Throwdown. I'll have my 57" there if you'd like to fly one.
Jun 22, 2011, 10:09 AM
Here We Go!
Safety Hawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton
Nothing wrong with the 57" as a sport plane. As your skills develop, it's a great 3D plane as well. Looking at your blog and seeing what you're flying, I'm sure you'll be fine with it.

BTW, you should try to make the NJ Throwdown. I'll have my 57" there if you'd like to fly one.
+1 to everything Noll said. There will be several people in NJ willing to let you have a go.
Jun 22, 2011, 11:35 AM
Just do it.
FlyFisch's Avatar
Thanks for all the info. I'll try and see if I can make it to jersey for the throwdown. I usually fly right across the river at the RAMAC field (actually a new jersey club). Anyone familiar with the field?
Jun 28, 2011, 07:27 AM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
FlyingDreams got some good video of my Extra:

57" Extra 330SC at collings foundation (10 min 39 sec)


I propped up a bit, too, and now the level of power is frankly a little bit irresponsible. I'm running a 15x7 APC, and now it's at 1440 watts and 95 amps. Nothing has blown up yet and of course the airframe has held up just fine. The motor stays pretty cool, I think mostly because full throttle means the plane is out of sight really quickly, so I just don't use it that often. I did add a Castle 10A BEC so that I could get 6.5 volts to the servos, and if the ESC blew up I would have a better chance of landing it.
Jun 28, 2011, 09:31 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
FlyingDreams got some good video of my Extra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLBZMLz3B0

I propped up a bit, too, and now the level of power is frankly a little bit irresponsible. I'm running a 15x7 APC, and now it's at 1440 watts and 95 amps. Nothing has blown up yet and of course the airframe has held up just fine. The motor stays pretty cool, I think mostly because full throttle means the plane is out of sight really quickly, so I just don't use it that often. I did add a Castle 10A BEC so that I could get 6.5 volts to the servos, and if the ESC blew up I would have a better chance of landing it.
that's some really awesome flying there Cody... very nice.
You coming to the NJ throwdown by any chance?
Jun 28, 2011, 09:34 AM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
that's some really awesome flying there Cody... very nice.
You coming to the NJ throwdown by any chance?
Thanks Arron!

Unfortunately I can't make the throwdown this year. Conflicts with an IMAC contest.

Why can't there be more weekends in a summer?
Jun 28, 2011, 09:39 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
Thanks Arron!

Unfortunately I can't make the throwdown this year. Conflicts with an IMAC contest.

Why can't there be more weekends in a summer?
agreed!
Jun 28, 2011, 10:23 AM
Registered User
TyeeFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik
FlyingDreams got some good video of my Extra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLBZMLz3B0

I propped up a bit, too, and now the level of power is frankly a little bit irresponsible. I'm running a 15x7 APC, and now it's at 1440 watts and 95 amps. Nothing has blown up yet and of course the airframe has held up just fine. The motor stays pretty cool, I think mostly because full throttle means the plane is out of sight really quickly, so I just don't use it that often. I did add a Castle 10A BEC so that I could get 6.5 volts to the servos, and if the ESC blew up I would have a better chance of landing it.
great flying, grats!
Jun 28, 2011, 12:28 PM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyeeFlyer
great flying, grats!
Thanks, love to hear it!
Jun 28, 2011, 01:58 PM
Registered User
Dennis C's Avatar
Another "great flying" cudo! reversing the rolls 540* flat spin turns on the deck

Good to watch, and good luck in the IMAC

Dennis
Jun 28, 2011, 03:08 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
G.P.'s Avatar
That last landing was sweet!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product 3D Hobby Shop 47" Edge 540 #BUILD VIDEOS ADDED# ipsmotors 3D Flying 3966 Sep 14, 2017 02:08 PM
Video 3D Hobby Shop 57" Sukhoi sukhoi26mx Electric Plane Talk 7 Sep 17, 2008 08:33 AM
Sold NIB 3D Hobby Shop SHP Extra 300 *Blue* Version 2 thomer Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 May 04, 2008 01:31 PM
Build Log 3D Hobby Shop 55" Katana LIVE Build Log Jeremy Sebens 3D Flying 54 Oct 12, 2007 03:39 PM