Jun 26, 2017, 08:26 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
White with red tips

I bought this from a club members estate sale. I didn't really need this plane but I sold another 60" earlier the same day AND I didn't want it to go back and have the widow still needing to deal with it.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2017, 08:43 PM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggiba
White with red tips

I bought this from a club members estate sale. I didn't really need this plane but I sold another 60" earlier the same day AND I didn't want it to go back and have the widow still needing to deal with it.
Did you get the red or yellow one? I couldn't make it to the fun fly estate sale yesterday. Did she get buyers for most of the planes and helis?
Jun 26, 2017, 08:59 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
I believe you will enjoy the plane, they are quite nice fliers.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jun 26, 2017, 09:13 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
I got the red one. There was a decent amount of stuff sold and a fair amount left over, alot of heli and drone stuff. I'd rather have my club member back than his plane but i'll think about him more often.

Hey Steve I'm going to run the talon 90 with the 4315. Do I need to run high timing like on some of the Torque motors?

I just finished up a 52" Slick and have a hand full of flights on it
Jun 26, 2017, 09:24 PM
I don't think so, but the Talon ESCs were not around when I had my plane, but then, I had a Reaper 60 in mine. But, I have the Motrolfly in my 59" Slick.

SteveT.
Jun 27, 2017, 07:25 AM
Parkzone junkie
My neighbor tried recording some flight of my old 57" 330SC. Unfortunately one flight one he took off with the gopro off and his Vid TX antenna not connected correctly. and then on flight two the gopro died just less than 1 min in.

chasing a plane (0 min 51 sec)

-Brian
Jun 27, 2017, 07:58 AM
Good stuff! I love chasing.. Tell your buddy he has some schmootz on his lens!
Jun 27, 2017, 12:22 PM
That video sounds like you have an out of balance prop, or a bad bearing in the motor!!

SteveT.
Jun 27, 2017, 04:41 PM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer
Good stuff! I love chasing.. Tell your buddy he has some schmootz on his lens!
It was actually close to dusk and high humidity. I had a fair bit of dew all over my plane just from 2 short flights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
That video sounds like you have an out of balance prop, or a bad bearing in the motor!!

SteveT.
I'll let him know about his quad. I'm fairly sure it was a prop balance... That quad has been into a few tree branches recently.

-Brian
Jun 27, 2017, 09:05 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
I'm gathering parts and researching the best i can. What I was wondering is does this plane tend to be nose or tail heavy? Reason for asking is do i need to bias the gear install forward or rearward?
Here is the list of what I plan to install, please anyone correct me if there is something in question.
Motrolfly 4315-714
Xoar 15x8
Talon 90
4s 4000 40c
HS-7545MH
63mm spinner

What I need to know
What length servo arms do I need? I don't want to use the Dubro 672
What size EF pilot figure fits this plane best?
Is there a common spacer length established for the 4315?
Jun 27, 2017, 09:12 PM
In my opinion 15X7 would be better.

And, while I am sorry, I do not remember the lengths, the Extreme Flight Xcessories aluminum arms are very nice. I would think 1.25" for ailerons and 1.5" for elevator would be sufficient. I also recommend this aluminum offset arm for the ailerons.

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Jun 27, 2017 at 09:24 PM.
Jun 28, 2017, 09:33 AM
Registered Foam Abuser
I just was informed by a sales agent from Esprit models that Xoar are being discontinued?
Jun 28, 2017, 10:24 AM
I hope not! I'll have to stock up if so.
Jun 28, 2017, 11:13 AM
Totally Twisted
Maybe esprit is not going to stock them anymore.
Jun 28, 2017, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggiba
I just was informed by a sales agent from Esprit models that Xoar are being discontinued?
It doesn't say anything about that on the Xoar website..

SteveT.

Quick Reply