Sep 12, 2009, 01:40 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

C.C. Lee 1/400 USS Enterprise (CVN-65) Plastic Kit In-box Review...A kit for RC fun?

Hey guys~~~
Just received it this afternoon and would like to do an in-box review of the kit.

As I am a modeler below par, you may like to refer to the review below from "RAJENDRA's, JOE's, DAVE's, et al's list of SHIP KIT REVIEWS" for a better understanding of its overall quality. The list is compiled by some very experienced ship kit builders and their views are very insightful.
http://www.quuxuum.org/rajens_list/s...#LeeEnterprise

The kit even comes with a rudder horn and washer on one of the sprues, in addition to all the running gears for motorization. Seems like it's intended for RC conversion. Why kids (and adults) in China can have access to something with so much fun at so low a price? It retails at below RMB $200 if I remember correctly...

By the way, the whole thing measures about 34 inches from bow to stern.

This is it. Thanks for reading~~~
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2009, 08:22 AM
Retired for now
This looks to be a great R/C beginners kit. Almost everything is provided in the kit and what you would have to buy to R/C it is neglegable. Some elementary wiring, battery placement and balancing are good experience for the novice and there is plenty of room in the hull to work and move things around. May be an exercise in ballasting involved here too and steering linkage design.
Any experienced modeler will like this kit too. The missing details aside (above link) it would be a fast build and fun at the lake or pond although it's definetly a smooth water boat. AT 34" it's not a small boat by any means. Pete M
Mar 14, 2015, 01:32 PM

User manual

Dear Kronosaur

I knwo you've build this kit long time ago but I've recently got hands on this kit and it has no user manual.

Do you still have it?
I would be more than happy if by chance you got it and could send me a scan copy of how to build this great model?

Many thanks
Thomashd

Quick Reply