Mar 09, 2011, 05:34 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead_71
Finding CG was pretty easy. On mine, I just used 25% of the combined chord of both wings. So that's 25% from the LE of the upper wing to the TE of the lower wing... puts me right at the middle of the side-window.

I flew mine about a dozen times before I gave it away. A nice little floater but too small for outdoors and I think I'd prefer stiffer KFM2 wings.
AWESOME, would love to see a flight vid if any. thanks.

ALBRT
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2011, 08:19 AM
BOXFUSE KING!
My wings came out too wide with 7 1/4" they won't fit on the wing slot. I cut them to 5 1/2" now they fit.

ALBERT
Mar 10, 2011, 10:03 AM
7up
7up
,ɯǝ ʇoƃ ɐʎ ɟı ,ɯǝ ǝʞoɯs
Dang, the one thing I didn't check for fit... I still havent mounted the wings. Guess I better fix that.

At least you didn't waste the wings.. Sorry bout' that.

-Buk
Mar 10, 2011, 03:17 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
No Problem, it was a simple fix. You owe me 2 strips of 2 1/4" x 30" 6mm depron

Here are the pix for now.

ENJOY! albrt
Last edited by Kronikpilot; Mar 10, 2011 at 06:11 PM.
Mar 11, 2011, 09:27 AM
BOXFUSE KING!
Got more building done today, this is a pretty big plane. This thing looks so cool:d:d:d

albert
Mar 11, 2011, 09:37 AM
Just call me crash for short
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronikpilot
Got more building done today, this is a pretty big plane. This thing looks so cool:d:d:d

albert
Are you finding that the spars are really necessary or are you building better safe than sorry? Looks like a great build you have there. You have my attention.
Mar 11, 2011, 09:48 AM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thanks. You really need the spars for this build, although it's a slow flyer the wings are not stiff enough. I can almost guarantee the wings fold if you don't add spar. I also added a spar on the h.stab. hope to finish it soon.

ALBRT
Mar 11, 2011, 09:59 AM
Alright, thanks for the info. I would be doing this out of $tree foam as that is what I have available and so far has served me rather well. Spars it is then.
Mar 11, 2011, 10:52 AM
Kronik... Just curious... Is this going to RET? Or is someone going to attempt an AET?

Jeremy
Mar 11, 2011, 11:29 AM
Always Ready!
Thread OP
I had ailerons on mine.... top wing only. I rarely used the rudder at all in flight... though it might be necessary for taxiing if you add wheels or make it into a seaplane (stepped hull).

Instead of (or in addition to) wing spars, you could make some simple wing struts from bamboo skewers and add rigging with fishing line or dental floss... that would really stiffen up the wings.

Or, again, I think this plane could be really wild with KFM wings and quad-ailerons. It could make a decent AP/FPV platform with the big boxy cabin and pusher prop...
Mar 11, 2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead_71
I had ailerons on mine.... top wing only. I rarely used the rudder at all in flight... though it might be necessary for taxiing if you add wheels or make it into a seaplane (stepped hull).

Instead of (or in addition to) wing spars, you could make some simple wing struts from bamboo skewers and add rigging with fishing line or dental floss... that would really stiffen up the wings.

Or, again, I think this plane could be really wild with KFM wings and quad-ailerons. It could make a decent AP/FPV platform with the big boxy cabin and pusher prop...
That was what I was thinking, a KFm5B. The design would seem to lend it's self rather nicely to that mod. With that and struts or spar it would be quite sturdy.
Mar 11, 2011, 11:48 AM
7up
7up
,ɯǝ ʇoƃ ɐʎ ɟı ,ɯǝ ǝʞoɯs
I had the same thought about a FPV plane, seeing as how I just got some cheap FPV gear.

BTW, the plane looks great.

-Buk
Mar 11, 2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronikpilot

albert
lol yea judging from your past builds this is your type of plane

- Jeff
Mar 11, 2011, 03:48 PM
7up
7up
,ɯǝ ʇoƃ ɐʎ ɟı ,ɯǝ ǝʞoɯs
Updated files with proper wing chord size in post #54.

-Buk
Mar 11, 2011, 05:46 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
Thanks for tuning in guys. Usually this bird would have been maidened already....But there's a lot of things I'm trying do with this bird. It will have ailerons and a two position FPV camera. I'm still figuring things out. It's easy to turn this into a water plane, I would put the "ACON 5" style floats and it should be able to cruise on the water. It looks like we can also ROG without wheels, the bottom fuse is wide enough. We'll see.

ALBRT.

I sanded/cleaned up the fuse today.

Quick Reply