Oct 06, 2009, 11:22 PM
Hi Ray,

Thanks for the info. Will definitely try that if I have any issues with them where they are now.

I plan to put in the logger the next time I fly it and see how things are going.

Branwell
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2009, 07:44 AM
Hello

Do you see this page?
http://www.fvk.de/Super%20AVA%20Pro.html
It isn't the them rudder.

What do you think about it?

François ROBERT.
Frenchy
Oct 28, 2009, 07:53 AM
The AVA and Supras are getting uprated. Lots of new parts. Looks great.

I am going to try to get a set of 3.7M AVA Pro tips for my 4M AVA Pro. Might be a nice low drag / higher wing loading mod for really windy days.
Oct 28, 2009, 08:16 PM
RE: Radio glitching problems.

I had the antennas inside the fuse, and then outside as whiskers. Was still glitching.

A clever fellow on this forum was having a similar problem and discovered that it was his battery wires being close or in contact with the antenna wires.

I rerouted my antenna wires to stay as far away from motor related electronics as I could and the glitching problem has gone.

( would like to think the fellow, but cant find the thread again )

Point here is that 2.4 is definitely not immune to interference.
Oct 28, 2009, 09:24 PM

Performance

I have little to compare the 4M AVA Pro to except the Radians I have and a winch launch Supra belonging to a friend.

The AVA on the B40 F5F motor at 1200 watts has a higher launch velocity then the Supra on a winch.

The 4M size does not seem to hinder the AVA at all in tight thermals. You can wind it up so it's about standing on a wing tip and it'll still go up.

I was having problems stalling it in turbulent thermals flown at a distance, but once I moved the CG forward and got rid of the expo, it feels great, still broadcasts the lightest lift, and no more stalling :-)

Where I was thinking of getting a Supra for winch launch, I'm now seriously considering the latest version of 3.7M AVA Pro with all the slippery bits.
http://www.fvk.de/Super%20AVA%20Pro.html
Last edited by branwell; Nov 01, 2009 at 04:43 PM.
Oct 28, 2009, 10:50 PM
E-Gliders
Get that thing high enough, shut down the motor and you will have a blast bringing it back down to earth. I wonder how long it would take to come back down from speck height.
Oct 29, 2009, 04:19 PM
can buzzards see thermals...
Great pictures, love the shorts. Are those Jams?